Forum » FFXI » General » January 2022 Version Update
January 2022 Version Update
By shastax 2022-01-12 20:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SimonSes said: »
shastax said: »
The main pros imo of this staff is that it can be used by many jobs (as only ilvl 119 staff), so you can Shell Crusher on THF or DNC with /war or /drg for example. So that would be good idea yeah.

Even better, any job at M20 can now sub certain jobs like /WAR and have access to shell crusher without even any staff skill gear.

WAR have access to Shell Crusher at 56lv, so you still need some staff skill. You won't need at ML35 tho.

Should be 53 with 8 staff merits and ML20 with a level 53 Warrior or dragoon sub

Yes, exactly. When you include the staff merits, it puts you up to just enough to shell crusher. I've already confirmed this on DNC which has no native staff skill.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-12 21:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirac said: »
If UDP packets are sent at fixed intervals, it's possible for the precast equipset and action chunks to be split across the time boundary into different UDP packets. If you then have an evil ISP like Comcast they could intentionally re-order or randomly delay the packets. I have done some testing and the 0x15 packets do seem to be sent at 403ms intervals average, varying between 386 and 452ms. Lately I've set up my luas to align spell casting to the start times of the 0x15 packets and I've had good results for the past few weeks in even the laggiest Dynamis instances.
0x15(nor anything you inject with windower libs) arent packets, they are single instructions, it doesnt matter when you call inject windower and ashita will always add the injected instructions to an existing udp packet

so no, despite the common mislabeling of instructions as packets, it doesnt matter what isp or when you inject them. if you dont inject more than windower or ashita will fit into one udp packet they cannot be split or reordered
[+]
 Odin.Dirac
Server: Odin
user: DiracOdin
By Odin.Dirac 2022-01-12 21:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
0x15(nor anything you inject with windower libs) arent packets, they are single instructions, it doesnt matter when you call inject windower and ashita will always add the injected instructions to an existing udp packet

so no, despite the common mislabeling of instructions as packets, it doesnt matter what isp or when you inject them. if you dont inject more than windower or ashita will fit into one udp packet they cannot be split or reordered

I've seen up to 20ms delays between when the action and midcast equipset is injected. I was only looking at the 0x15's timing and sequence numbers, and not injecting anything. I made an assumption that if the interval between injections is too long it will eventually build a complete packet and the precast/action/midcast could theoretically get split up.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-13 04:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[Update Details]
The following fix was performed in the English version.
- The name of the Item Level 119 Annihilator may not have displayed correctly in the inventory list.
By SimonSes 2022-01-13 05:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The main pros imo of this staff is that it can be used by many jobs (as only ilvl 119 staff), so you can Shell Crusher on THF or DNC with /war or /drg for example. So that would be good idea yeah.

Even better, any job at M20 can now sub certain jobs like /WAR and have access to shell crusher without even any staff skill gear.

WAR have access to Shell Crusher at 56lv, so you still need some staff skill. You won't need at ML35 tho.

Should be 53 with 8 staff merits and ML20 with a level 53 Warrior or dragoon sub

Yes, exactly. When you include the staff merits, it puts you up to just enough to shell crusher. I've already confirmed this on DNC which has no native staff skill.

I forgot about merits :) Nice, but unfortunately it's not a massive change since the only thing I was using for shell crusher from /war before was only torque and its still useful for other things, so no inventory +1 sadly.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-13 06:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen up to 20ms delays between when the action and midcast equipset is injected. I was only looking at the 0x15's timing and sequence numbers, and not injecting anything. I made an assumption that if the interval between injections is too long it will eventually build a complete packet and the precast/action/midcast could theoretically get split up.

I can't 100% verify this without access to windower's code, but if gearswap's model were used in ashita all of the processing would happen during a hook to the game thread's command handler. This means that during that 20ms, the game client isn't able to start a udp packet(as it occurs on the same thread), and you still have a guarantee that your packets are arriving in one piece. 20ms of calculation time seems extremely questionable for what gearswap is doing though, which leads me to wonder why nobody is observing framerate drops when they perform an action. It would be nice if a windower dev could clarify some of this with certainty.

Using Ashita with Ashitacast or Luashitacast, I can 100% verify this is the case, as their model modifies packets during a hook prior to outgoing packet encryption. So, all processing will occur while a packet is pending and the only way they can be split across multiple udp packets is if an insane amount of things are injected, far in excess of multiple actions.
[+]
 Odin.Dirac
Server: Odin
user: DiracOdin
By Odin.Dirac 2022-01-13 16:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

I can't 100% verify this without access to windower's code, but if gearswap's model were used in ashita all of the processing would happen during a hook to the game thread's command handler. This means that during that 20ms, the game client isn't able to start a udp packet(as it occurs on the same thread), and you still have a guarantee that your packets are arriving in one piece. 20ms of calculation time seems extremely questionable for what gearswap is doing though, which leads me to wonder why nobody is observing framerate drops when they perform an action. It would be nice if a windower dev could clarify some of this with certainty.

Using Ashita with Ashitacast or Luashitacast, I can 100% verify this is the case, as their model modifies packets during a hook prior to outgoing packet encryption. So, all processing will occur while a packet is pending and the only way they can be split across multiple udp packets is if an insane amount of things are injected, far in excess of multiple actions.

I have only observed such large delays when the framerate is low due to high graphics load. Now that I think about it, the delays probably correspond to the longer packet intervals I recorded. It makes sense if there is only one thread for the lua interpreter, graphics and outgoing packet processing. In that case it would be impossible for the actions to be split across multiple outgoing packets. Thanks for the reply.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-13 16:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that graphics, outgoing packet processing, and command handling are performed *by the game client* on the same thread. Without windower's source I can't verify 100% that their lua interpreter does not leave the thread, but I am inclined to believe that they would have set it up similarly to how Ashita does, so it seems likely to me.
[+]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2022-01-13 18:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And they broke the new club in the process.
 Asura.Bulbafett
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Bulbafett 2022-01-13 18:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in after this patch to continue farming Apademak Horns and the Conflux Surveyor (Uleguerand) at least offers to take in 3 stones for a 180 mins of time.

However, if you select 3 stones it takes all 3 but only gives you 120 min of time.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-13 18:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bulbafett said: »
Went in after this patch to continue farming Apademak Horns and the Conflux Surveyor (Uleguerand) at least offers to take in 3 stones for a 180 mins of time.

However, if you select 3 stones it takes all 3 but only gives you 120 min of time.

That's working as intended, not supposed to be able to go above 120 minutes from the NPC. The only method for going above 120 minutes is supposed to be from chests.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-27 06:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
And they broke the new club in the process.

I wasn't playing when the new paddle was added, but does that mean everyone else sees it like I do?

Inventory:

Descriptipn:

I'm looking for a fix, but I don't see anyone mentioning it. Is it a "wait until February update" kind of thing? Repairer Moogle doesn't do anything with it when I trade it to him.

Sorry if this was answered. I only skimmed each page and the official version update page didn't mention it as a known issue that I saw. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-27 06:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. They just accidentally removed the English descriptions from the .dat in a patch. You won't need to trade it to a repairer Moogle to fix it. SE just needs to release a patch/update.
[+]