Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Magic Damage Formula
Magic Damage Formula
By futalis 2022-01-03 17:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently pulling my hair out trying to create my own calculator for predicting how much damage my blm can potentially do with spells when plugging in various gear sets and mob values.

Right now testing the calculator on low level birds (trying to get proof of concept with T3 nukes before trying to work up). The issue is it seems like my calculator only has some predictability when I am over the dINT 200 and below what I think is a dINT 300+mob INT cap. As in there's a certain point no matter the spell where adding INT stops increasing damage to mob.

My issue is when switching to the other piece-wise values via swapping to lower int gears it seems like the formula breaks down and becomes less predictive (IE: damage I am recording isn't reflective of damage the formula says I should be doing).

Has anyone done any recent magic testing and had success with creating a calculator for predicting magic damage?

Also what are some good ways for finding a particular mob's INT? Right now I am reverse engineering the INT from the formula - but the problem is at different INT levels I am getting varying answers because I am not getting consistent results from in-game.

EDIT: Found the source of some of my error in my formula's. Testing on the rabbits right outside of Sandy in Ronfaure reveals that they have 6 int; using this I was able to confirm and fix my calculator (spreadsheet really) to be able to predict accurately up to t3 nukes in full gear.

Due to having so much more Int than the mob there are higher dINT tiers than are listed on the bg wiki - specifically there is a dINT 200-299, dINT 300-399, dINT 400-499, and possibly a dINT 500+ tier (I need to borrow a brd and possibly a geo to explore that tier.

So far T3 Spells cap out at dINT 300, the original calculator assumed that you just kept getting more damage per int which is why my calculator was overestimating damage.

T4 Spells cap out at dINT 400; I have only tested Stone 4 so far but the V for dINT 400 is 1450. When I have more time I will verify the other T4's...I am hoping they will all have an M value for 300-399 of just 1 but we shall see.

T5 Spells are a little bit more tricky since their cap is assumed to be a little higher than what I can reach without buffs. Right now Thunder 5's M value from dINT 400-499 is 1...however I need more data points to pin down what the M value is from dINT 300-399 (its around 1.9-2 but need to confirm).

Once I have more time I will finish fleshing out these values and work on T6's.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-01-03 18:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc these ones for magic are still up to date but can't look ATM.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk?usp=drive_web&resourcekey=0-4iQ9ouO1weJiIY1Kauf2lA
By futalis 2022-01-03 19:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks - I switched up my tactics after talking to Geriond; using Thunder 1 and trying to get my own int within 100 of a mob for greater fidelity. Makes equationing much easier ^^

Although my equations are about 10-20 damage overall off from what I am getting with spells. Not sure why and still trouble shooting.

That drive you sent have some out of date numbers when it comes to spell costs for the BLM...at a glance, will need to dive into it more closely later.
By georgebush 2022-01-05 10:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see the calculator you are working on, or if anyone has a updated calculator for spells.
By futalis 2022-01-05 16:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently having an issue where my calculator underestimates the damage I actually do by about 0.25-0.5% I think I might be missing an int or MAB or something somewhere in my calculator.

I took a break after testing solo and will revisit it to see if I can fix the predictability. I think I over-engineered my spreadsheet which may be causing the problem.

My eventual goal is to be able to verify the formulas written on the bg-wiki and then also fill in the T6 spells and the geo spells.
By futalis 2022-01-14 12:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

georgebush said: »
I would love to see the calculator you are working on, or if anyone has a updated calculator for spells.

I updated the magic damage spell table on the bg-wiki to include all the values up to dINT 600. (It's missing geo spells/helixes which are on my list to do soon).

My calculator I have now is a spreadsheet page that you should be able to input your gearset/mob values and it'll tell you what you can expect to do damage wise to a mob.

Still doing testing to make sure the magic burst calcs are accurate. The next major issue I'm having is that a lot of mob's resistance/MDB/TMDA values are not listed (potentially outdated too). I need to come up with some reliable tests to pinpoint them.

Once I have made sure the magic burst formula is working I will post my spreadsheet here.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-14 12:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V1-Mu8RTPoGbdmwzykimlm9iW7bLjcJA/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115130830043578578262&rtpof=true&sd=true

https://w.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/313.html
By futalis 2022-01-14 12:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh this is excellent! Thank you!