Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Nebohh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2022-01-11 22:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
have people been able to sleep adds? tryed rdm and brd and they did not work at all
I was able to land bind and sleep on Gigelorum's adds (water element). Immunobreaks but was fine after. No JA's used.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-11 22:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Craclaw add and rafflesia add were both slept, without stymie. We've been killing msot of them though, but nuke setup so we slept/bound craklaw/raff adds
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-11 22:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

T2 Add (Chapuli) had more HP than t1 adds. It had the exact same HP as the boss (minus the regen factor. About 1.726mil
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-12 00:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not confirmed yet, and we're not sure. But the regen factor for t3s seems MUCH lower. However the adds are *** brutal to deal with, this is going to be fun LOL. did 2 attempts on Kalunga, now calling it for the night. It's literally gigelorum with blunt weakness on the kalunga fight. Fetters/aura will wipe ANY enfeebs that are on the add at the time the Main NM uses their aura trigger WS.

Relying on RDM for bind/sleep/grav is a total X. Did not try killing the Mata these 2 runs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 01:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Who does the add seem to stick to? Does it completely ignore hate, or can it be claimed and tanked? Wondering if a 2-tank approach would work. But would be useless if the add ignores hate.
By Ruaumoko 2022-01-12 01:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get Kalunga to 13% before timing out.

V20 is no joke it seems.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 02:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like every V20 T3 has a specific add it pops and it's not random like the aura debuffs are, as multiple people have reported Kalunga pops the Matamata.
By SimonSes 2022-01-12 03:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looks like every V20 T3 has a specific add it pops and it's not random like the aura debuffs are, as multiple people have reported Kalunga pops the Matamata.

You maybe missed it, but that list from dats is pretty clear

Asura.Geriond said: »
The .dats list:

Xevioso's Chapuli
Ngai's Cracklaw
Kalunga's Matamata
Ongo's Tulfaire
Mboze's Snapweed
Arebati's Raaz

Bumba's Chapuli
Bumba's Cracklaw
Bumba's Matamata
Bumba's Tulfaire
Bumba's Snapweed
Bumba's Raaz

There's two copies of each (the T1/T2s also have two copies of their adds).

I assume Bumba pops one random add, that is the same as adds on A3 from the same family. Same as Bumba has random Fetter mechanic of one of the A3 NMs too.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-01-12 03:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Kalunga V20 - DRK RUN BRD COR WHM RDM

Drk did 50% of the DPS, brd & cor 25%.

When add spawns DRK runs off far away and RDM sleeps/bind/gravity etc then DRK comes back.

Killed with almost 5mins left

Songs: HM minx2 dirge STR etude on DRK COR BRD

HM Minne Fire Carol Sirvente on Tank.

I was on BRD and stopped DD to do carol & HM the RUN on dispel and didn't bother with the rest.
[+]
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2022-01-12 03:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I assumed he was talking about testing it on a lower NM, not a V20.

I guess that would 100% confirm that boost from 3x fight is static and only depends on V you boost it on, not the fight you use it on (but that can already be seen in data we have, it would just be confirmation it works on lower V than 3 fights you did for boost, the same way it works on higher V than 3 fights you did for boost). You would still need to make another test to make 3 fights on different V and check if bonus from each is calculated separately.

So I did both of these tests since I have segments to spare.

I used my v15 charge on a v5 win and got the expected result

2556 = 2352 + 68x2 + 68

I then did a v20 and v10 to charge this amp and then got a win on a v6. And the result...

1608 - 88x3 = 1344 so that was the bonus.

This puzzled me at first since I didn't see the connection with 68, 192* and 704, but I realized that 1344 = 224x6 and 224 is the amount you get for a v11 win. (5+10+20)/3 = 11 (integer division)

So I believe the formula is
Total RP = EarnedRP + 2xCurrentVenganceWinRP + 6xAverageVenganceLevelOfChargeWinRP

*actually 1344 is 192x7 but I don't think that's relevant here
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2022-01-12 03:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »

When add spawns DRK runs off far away and RDM sleeps/bind/gravity etc then DRK comes back.

I was on BRD and stopped DD to do carol & HM the RUN on dispel and didn't bother with the rest.

Was in the same group in the RDM role.

ItemSet 359198
(Gain-INT)
Contemplator +1 R15
Amalric Doublet +1 Path A

Suggest a merit loadout of Ice/Wind Magic Accuracy, Enfeebling Magic Duration and Immunobreak Chance.

Haste II on all, Phalanx II on DPS, Refresh III on yourself the WHM and the RUN. Whenever the RUN gets nailed by a full Dispel re-apply their Shell V, Haste II, Phalanx II and Refresh III. This can actually be difficult with all the other stuff potentially going on.

RDM opens with Saboteur and tries to debuff Kalunga best they can, Light Shot when Dia III lands to upgrade it to Dia IV.

When Kalunga gets to 75% and calls the Matamata the DRK runs as far South as they can, dragging the Matamata away (BRD and COR keep up DPS in the meantime). When far away RDM hits Stymie and puts the Matamata to sleep so DRK can rejoin DPS.

When the Matamata wakes up from Blistering Roar RDM hits Chainspell and Saboteur, spam Sleep II to knock it out again. Apply Bind and Gravity II as well, just in case.

IMPORTANT: When the COR is doing ability resets go in for them, you're going to need Saboteur back in case the Matamata is woken up again.

Keep an eye out for Dia III wearing off, call out when recasting so COR knows when to follow-up.

Don't even try to add to DPS, between keeping the RUN rebuffed and keeping the Matamata under control you're not going to have time for it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-12 05:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So if it decides to spam Blistering Roar with some frequency, how *** would you be?
[+]
By zixxer 2022-01-12 05:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So if it decides to spam Blistering Roar with some frequency, how *** would you be?

Since the add was parked far away initially, it gives the rdm time to catch it before it returns to the group. The drk focuses on procing to remove the fetters.

It took us 4 tries to get it down. Need to kill quickly because the add will gain resistance to sleeps/bind/gravity. Not sure if they full timed capped dt.

We tried the straight zerg method but the add just kept stunning everyone and it hits hard. We also tried changing the DD. We tried with geo vs rdm. Imagine dealing with full buff wipes on tank, lahar, debuffs and procs/fetter time all happening simultaneously. It was a tough fight. I was the the WHM and you couldn't pull a needle out of my **s with a tractor.

I haven't had this much fun since the introduction of Odyssey.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2022-01-12 07:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nebohh said: »
have people been able to sleep adds? tryed rdm and brd and they did not work at all
I was able to land bind and sleep on Gigelorum's adds (water element). Immunobreaks but was fine after. No JA's used.
Ruaumoko said: »

ItemSet 359198
(Gain-INT)
Contemplator +1 R15

Suggest a merit loadout of Ice/Wind Magic Accuracy, Enfeebling Magic Duration and Immunobreak Chance.

Haste II on all, Phalanx II on DPS, Refresh III on yourself the WHM and the RUN. Whenever the RUN gets nailed by a full Dispel re-apply their Shell V, Haste II, Phalanx II and Refresh III. This can actually be difficult with all the other stuff potentially going on.

RDM opens with Saboteur and tries to debuff Kalunga best they can, Light Shot when Dia III lands to upgrade it to Dia IV.

When Kalunga gets to 75% and calls the Matamata the DRK runs as far South as they can, dragging the Matamata away (BRD and COR keep up DPS in the meantime). When far away RDM hits Stymie and puts the Matamata to sleep so DRK can rejoin DPS.

When the Matamata wakes up from Blistering Roar RDM hits Chainspell and Saboteur, spam Sleep II to knock it out again. Apply Bind and Gravity II as well, just in case.

IMPORTANT: When the COR is doing ability resets go in for them, you're going to need Saboteur back in case the Matamata is woken up again.

Keep an eye out for Dia III wearing off, call out when recasting so COR knows when to follow-up.

Don't even try to add to DPS, between keeping the RUN rebuffed and keeping the Matamata under control you're not going to have time for it.

I would try to land frazzle II > III while you’re parking the add. I would also stagger bind and sleep so you’re not building unnecessary resistance. Gravity in between to make sure you have time to reapply what you need to.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-12 08:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 359198
(Gain-INT)
Contemplator +1 R15

I would try to land frazzle II > III while you’re parking the add. I would also stagger bind and sleep so you’re not building unnecessary resistance. Gravity in between to make sure you have time to reapply what you need to.
Frazzle2/3 lands on the add, but it resistant to sleep/bind, gravity had better luck first cast
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You maybe missed it, but that list from dats is pretty clear

The .dats list:

Xevioso's Chapuli
Ngai's Cracklaw
Kalunga's Matamata
Ongo's Tulfaire
Mboze's Snapweed
Arebati's Raaz

Bumba's Chapuli
Bumba's Cracklaw
Bumba's Matamata
Bumba's Tulfaire
Bumba's Snapweed
Bumba's Raaz

There's two copies of each (the T1/T2s also have two copies of their adds).

I assume Bumba pops one random add, that is the same as adds on A3 from the same family. Same as Bumba has random Fetter mechanic of one of the A3 NMs too.

I never saw this list before. Thanks for sharing.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-12 09:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM Enfeeble

(Gain-INT)
Contemplator +1 R15
You can get a good deal more MACC by switching body to Atrophy +3, Vor Earring to Regal Earring, hands to Kaykaus +1 (Path A) or Regal, and ranged to Ullr. That should reduce the number of casts you need to reapply.

IIRC, Crocea/Ammurapi has comparable or slightly better MACC than Contemplator +1/Enki, and the FC+20% lets you cast/recast enfeebles faster for quick reapplication.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-12 09:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone getting actual HP values for this stuff?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea/Ammurapi has comparable or slightly better MACC than Contemplator +1/Enki

I thought this, but couldn't spot the difference at first. The Magic Accuracy skill comparison is a big deal.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2022-01-12 10:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM Enfeeble

(Gain-INT)
Contemplator +1 R15
You can get a good deal more MACC by switching body to Atrophy +3, Vor Earring to Regal Earring, hands to Kaykaus +1 (Path A) or Regal, and ranged to Ullr. That should reduce the number of casts you need to reapply.

IIRC, Crocea/Ammurapi has comparable or slightly better MACC than Contemplator +1/Enki, and the FC+20% lets you cast/recast enfeebles faster for quick reapplication.
I agree here that you should be using Atrophy Tabard +3, Regal Earring, Kaykaus hands +1 (path A) and Ullr for best MACC. Especially with the T3 mobs, you want to make sure it lands. I go back and forth between Obstinate sash R20 for more duration and Acuity belt +1 R15 for pure MACC.

I do remember reading that Contemplator +1/Enki was best for INT-based spells. In the case of T3 adds, you want bind to stick as long as possible so this is what I use as well. Otherwise, I have Murgleis R15/Ammurapi for all else. I should test Murg/Ammurapi for bind though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-12 10:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"INT based spells" means for spells with variable potency that relies on INT, which is basically just Blind at this point in time, maybe Gravity. Bind / Sleep / Silence are static potency, so it's full MACC and duration.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2022-01-12 11:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
"INT based spells" means for spells with variable potency that relies on INT, which is basically just Blind at this point in time, maybe Gravity. Bind / Sleep / Silence are static potency, so it's full MACC and duration.
Wiki does say INT may decrease the chance of Bind wearing from a monster being hit. In any case, I have no problems with MACC personally.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-01-12 11:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So, tried the using 2 setups method. Used a strong team pop add and killed it, then got NM to 10%, timed out. Went in again, NM was at 15%, so Regen!?!? Then pulled and it popped the add again! Lol, nice one SE. This was T2 cricket.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-12 11:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Who does the add seem to stick to? Does it completely ignore hate, or can it be claimed and tanked? Wondering if a 2-tank approach would work. But would be useless if the add ignores hate.

Belkin was right, it will go after the person that is 2nd on the main NMs enmity list. Not sure if it still follows this mechanic should it's initial target die. I believe it does, but not sure/need to kill people off intentionally to confirm :P
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-01-12 11:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! How many auras did u guys get? we got unlucky and had 3 lol, so Bin/Grav/sleep was not happening lol. (All enfeebs on adds are wiped if main NM gets Aura)

-edit just read Rua's post. I guess we got unlucky with 3rd aura. had the thing at like 40% with loads of time left, but 3rd aura made things tough to manage regarding the mata.

Quote:
Did it 3 times on our first attempt. We were so completely *** we could n't get up in time to have an after *** cigarette. Mischief (RDM) could n't land anything at this point (bind/grav/sleep) or it was wearing within seconds.

2nd Attempt we went without a RDM (2 tanks DRK COR BRD WHM), and relied on positioning the mata in such a way that it was only hitting the RUN and none of the other front line. We also had 3 Blistering Roars here too iirc. This run was going extremely well until the RUN spiked hate (non-Epeo) and got one shot by Searing Serration in Reso set lol. Was past 2:00 A.M. for us at this point so we called it a night.
By SimonSes 2022-01-12 12:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
then got NM to 10%, timed out. Went in again, NM was at 15%, so Regen!?!?

Thats not Regen. HP will always round up to closest RP threshold. If you get it to 9%, you start at 10%. You was slightly above 10%, so it rounded up to 15%.

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
Then pulled and it popped the add again! Lol, nice one SE. This was T2 cricket.

I wonder what would happen, if you time out with add at low %. I was thinking to get in with RDM and team B, take boss to 75%, sleep it. Take add to 2%, then time out. If you could reenter then with team A set up to kill boss and add wouldn't regen, then you could maybe finish off few % on add and focus on boss.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-12 12:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Did it 3 times on our first attempt. We were so completely *** we could n't get up in time to have an after *** cigarette. Mischief (RDM) could n't land anything at this point (bind/grav/sleep) or it was wearing within seconds.
He could try saving Stymie for a possible third aura instead of using it early on.

Also, status resistance for each spell should be independent of each other, so you could try cycling between sleep and bind on auras instead of using both for each time it gets erased.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 12:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Belkin was right, it will go after the person that is 2nd on the main NMs enmity list. Not sure if it still follows this mechanic should it's initial target die. I believe it does, but not sure/need to kill people off intentionally to confirm :P

Can confirm that it definitely goes to the second person on top of hate list. Basically an exact replica of the Sheol C NM mechanic after they SP. If the target dies, it goes down the Enmity list (3rd person, 4th etc). Not sure if it actually completely "ignores" Enmity though; the Sheol C NMs don't, they just spike the second target, but hate can be stolen back.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-12 13:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Was considering an alternative to the RDM-holding-add strategy.

I wonder if SV Mambos is enough evasion to hold the Matamata, if you could guarantee the THF be second on the hate list at the time of Kalunga's SP? THF can pop PD when it appears and hold it in a corner somewhere while the DRK&COR handle Kalunga. BRD could run off and give THF Mambos before PD wears off, and then return to the fight.

If not THF, perhaps RUN? Give him DD songs and Sirvente and have him be secondary tank spamming hate moves and dealing some damage in the meantime until SP is used, and then peel off and hold the Matamata when it pops while the group kills the boss. BRD can give him defensive songs or something. Can position boss on the stairs, WHM at bottom, mata/rune at entrance opening so WHM can heal both the party and the RUN. You lose Dia3, but it might help eliminate some of the uncertainty and madness with aura removing enfeebles on the add.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15