Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » trusts for master lvling
trusts for master lvling
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 05:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the most "efficient" trust combo for afk master lvling?
shantotto II got to be somewhere in there but what else to pick?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-12-18 05:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How AFK are you
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 05:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

like afk afk, maybe alt tabbing in every half an hour to see how it goes.
i mean i'm aware that even the most fine tuned trust combo still takes a hour+ for one of those new apex mobs but if you're otherwise just afk in town, why not.

are there any trusts besides shantotto II that hit reliably cause they use magic attacks or something?
[+]
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2021-12-18 06:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Support and Tanking are really the only use for trusts at that level of content IMO. Four song buffing and the DD trusts are like most noobs going through the dunes many years ago little to no damage and serious accuracy issues. If you are trying to M'xp a support or a mage that cant melee you are gonna want some friends.
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 06:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if his hits connect but selh'teus has regain which would add to skillchain generation and opportunities for shantotto II to MB off of.

with one of the NIN tanks selh'teus might even be able to "main heal" but could be risky.
By Draylo 2021-12-18 06:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 06:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you're probably right, the NIN trusts tend to not do very well without haste.
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 10:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

in terms of DDing the only trusts that seem to do something are shantotto II, iroha II and selh'teus mostly cause they have some sort of regain, meditate and their WS are magical so no ACC issues. stay away from anything physical, even ArkGK with his pretty decent WS frequency doesn't hold a candle vs anything magic imho.

could argue wether to use all 3 or just shantotto II and either of the other two + ulmia in hopes she marches in order for shantotto to have a easier time to land that second MB in time.

what i haven't tried yet is more casters but i'm afraid any other than shantotto II will most likely run out of MP long befor the enemy is dead and magic isn't that great without MB either, heck even with MB you don't see consistant ones over 1k.

would estimate around ~50-60 minutes for one kill. pretty thin.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 10:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

50 minutes to kill one apex? Huh?

Might reevaluate your targets. I mean ***8 kills in a whole night would be better spent craftbotting and buying some pling.
By SimonSes 2021-12-18 10:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
50 minutes to kill one apex? Huh?

Might reevaluate your targets. I mean ***8 kills in a whole night would be better spent craftbotting and buying some pling.

You realize he is talking about legit ways and you are talking about botting and buying EP from botters right? I'm not judging, Im simply pointing the fact that you offer oranges to person wanting apples.

EDIT: That being said, doing one kill per 50 min is in fact without any sense. I have also no idea how it would take that long. Even without windower and scripts, you can simply leave char auto-attacking and click some macro to make WS every 30 sec 5 times. Unless you simply cant check the game every few minuets anyway to pull new target and click that macro again?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-18 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Even without windower and scripts, you can simply leave char auto-attacking and click some macro to make WS every 30 sec 5 times. Unless you simply cant check the game every few minuets anyway to pull new target and click that macro again?

Yeah, this is probably the best answer. And if you CAN use even basic Windower, just make a macro to WS every... 20 sec? 30 sec? and repeat as many times as needed for a total macro duration as long as you want. Maybe set it up for 15min worth, then hit the macro again, grab a new mob if needed?

Might consider doing a TP set that's a little more crit heavy too, since your total DPS is going to be more weighted toward white damage for this kind of semi-AFK setup where you aren't WSing at optimal times. I'd just do that, with support trusts to help increase the player's DPS. Something like:
- Healer
- Koru-Moru (Dia III, Distract, Haste, Dispel, Slow, Phalanx)
- Joachim
- Qultada
- Last slot for another support (Sylvie, Ulmia, etc.), an extra healer, or a trust that's quick to dispel (Ajido-Marujido) if fighting something that uses frequent dispellable buffs (e.g., Apex Wanderer evasion boost)

Of course, this works much worse for non-melee jobs. Not gonna be great on a BLM SMN SCH or something.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-12-18 22:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Of course, this works much worse for non-melee jobs. Not gonna be great on a BLM SMN SCH or something.
at least on SMN you can test your luck and drop a Odin after every enemy with 50 minute kills. makes me wonder if valaineral would be quick and durable enough to grab a full camp of your back befor you drop dead so they are closer together but i doubt it.
[+]