Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » List of Addon/Plug-in
List of Addon/Plug-in
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-11 01:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we even have a website listing all of the additional Addons/Plugins available to Download that are NOT included w/ Windower4 download? I know every one I find are all located on GitHub but I cannot help but think that there must be numerous additions I dont even know exist. . . .
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-11 07:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a thing would be a mostly pointless endeavor, because it's out of date the second someone posts a random addon to their git that nobody has ever heard of. A list of common addons that aren't in launcher might be useful; but a lot of them aren't in launcher because they're effectively bots to begin with. Such a list would likely run afoul of community rules here too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-12-11 08:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

True, But I think stuff like porterpacker, Balloon, and questlog deserve honourable mention. They're useful without being borderline bots.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-11 09:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a little googling of just those three things and started down a rabbit hole of finding things that seem like they would get me banned lickety-split. Fancy to know that it all was always a google search away though if I knew the right criteria to start searches with though.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Think I'll stay safe and basic *** though. Not worth risking 20 years and I have 4 accounts linked to one SE account so one ban gets all wiped and that would make me a sad panda.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-11 10:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Such a thing would be a mostly pointless endeavor, because it's out of date the second someone posts a random addon to their git that nobody has ever heard of. A list of common addons that aren't in launcher might be useful; but a lot of them aren't in launcher because they're effectively bots to begin with. Such a list would likely run afoul of community rules here too.
Recently stumbled upon PartyXIV for instance. Personally Im not interested in bots. I much rather play the game then have some AI playing while I’m AFK. There must be countless that I missed & never heard of before.
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
True, But I think stuff like porterpacker, Balloon, and questlog deserve honourable mention. They're useful without being borderline bots.
I will at least look into those ones. Right off the bat Balloon is amazing & definitely going to download asap.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-11 11:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Closest thing you'll get to a list of "safe" unofficial addons will be the windower section of this forum.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-11 12:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Some of these look do look pretty. Sad that fans make this game look and play better than actual staff sometimes.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-12 03:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Hmmm. Some of these look do look pretty. Sad that fans make this game look and play better than actual staff sometimes.
Been uploading in 4K since returning back to game. I don’t actually play w/ a 4K monitor but merely convert ShadowPlay saves from 2K to 4K cuz YouTube never looks like 1080p let alone matches the clarity of save files until you convert such in max bit rate w/ 4K resolution.

It takes a long while before YouTube finally updates from 360p to 2160p but FFXI is looking awfully amazing nowadays since last time I played.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Closest thing you'll get to a list of "safe" unofficial addons will be the windower section of this forum.
Looking over the Topics now that you mention it and apparently XiPivot only released w/in 11 months ago allowing for all of this amazing new upgrade in Graphics. 11 is looking awfully good nowadays compared to last time I played. Very impressive tbh all the work everyone put into allowing such to even be possible.

Added Balloons immediately. Definitely a Must Have imo.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-12 04:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why your youtube embed pinged my noscript, but it did.

Why is this happening?

Yeah, then I copied the linked embed and tried it in its own address tab instead of an embed and...

Maybe clean up your embed method??? I can watch other videos on this site via youtube embeds.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-12 04:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk. I merely use Wondershare to convert from ShadowPlay to 4K then upload to YouTube. No idea.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-12 04:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

llAKs0nll said: »
Looking over the Topics now that you mention it and apparently XiPivot only released w/in 11 months ago allowing for all of this amazing new upgrade in Graphics.
Actually you can manually modify the DAT files for FFXI without XiPivot. The PC version of FFXI has been able to be modded since it's release in 2003. Or at least once people started making custom DAT's and textures etc. Which from what I recall, I believe it was 2004 when people started modding the game on PC.

XiPivot just adds the convenience factor of not needing to manually replace the DAT files and also prevents loss of the original DAT's from SE. Also the game definitely looks better now that more modern PC's can run it at higher resolutions. The HD DAT Mods look way better at 1080p and especially 4k than they did in the good old days. Most PC's back when this game was new were usually running it in 720p or lower.
[+]