Forum » FFXI » General » Stop
Stop
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-09-15 15:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

To see people drag on the with dupenaught jokes and what not forever was already getting *** lame and dull as it is, but to see people actually have a go at your life business and affect how you put food on the table, that's just *** up. Take all the necessary precautions to protect your self, and spare no expense involving the relevant authorities. Perhaps overseas abuse might be difficult to handle, but believe me we live in a small world, and one day karma will catch up those *** and bite them up the ***.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Actions have consequences. *** around find out. Piss off the wrong one, it'll cost you money.

What actions exactly? because he exploited? The game is *** inside out with exploits, bots, and so on. You know that yourself, and acknowledged how garbage it is. Hilarious
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-15 15:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes people take ***too far empowered by the anonymity. Like I said. Ya done *** up. Advertising it is just a bigger L.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-15 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, you’re something *** else.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-15 15:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think eiryl is just a sad lonely unemployed man who depends on pc's farming income for him so he doesnt have to work. Just speculation but it sure seems that way. He doesnt seem to have any compassion, so why should i when i say this? Misery loves company.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-15 15:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got empathy, just not for dipshits doing dumb ***. You get none if you brought it on yourself.

(and if there are consequences for the people leaving the reviews, they're deserved as well)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-15 15:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d hardly call that ‘dumb ***’. You’re just being an over the top *** at this point.
[+]
By Rips 2021-09-15 15:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know who you are or what you did, I haven't been around that long, but the homophobic slurs isn't cool.
By Shichishito 2021-09-15 16:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the fact that thorny, a self-proclaimed RMT himself, was one of those who made the whole medal dupe public indicates that it had a impact on his bottom line or at least was a threat.
iirc there wasn't much compassion for RMT when it hit their bottom line either. something to keep in mind befor you condomn them for a lack of compassion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Radda
user: radda
By Bahamut.Radda 2021-09-15 16:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How in the *** are you stupid enough to let people know what your business is and/or who you are.

Dumb enough to connect your real life, well I guess you *** up. Reap what you sow and all that.

Ahh yes, it's the victims fault, that's who you should blame. Not the people doing the harassing. You seem nice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2021-09-15 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
the fact that thorny, a self-proclaimed RMT himself, was one of those who made the whole medal dupe public indicates that it had a impact on his bottom line or at least was a threat.
iirc there wasn't much compassion for RMT when it hit their bottom line either. something to keep in mind befor you condomn them for a lack of compassion.

Seems to assume that I profited, manipulated the market, or did something else to affect any RMT bottom line with the exploit.

Fact is, Not a material sold, not a single advantage gained. Just the aforementioned AG'd Ochain.

My arguments with Thorny were very public and included some pretty childish stuff, but you can be certain that I settled up with him when I came back.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-15 16:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic i honestly don't care if a RMT's income from their RMT bots gets ruined. Guilty of no compassion get a real job.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-15 16:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Radda said: »
How in the *** are you stupid enough to let people know what your business is and/or who you are.

Dumb enough to connect your real life, well I guess you *** up. Reap what you sow and all that.

Ahh yes, it's the victims fault, that's who you should blame. Not the people doing the harassing. You seem nice.

He's not a victim. He's an idiot.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-15 16:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Radda said: »

He's not an idiot. He's a victim.
FIXED
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-15 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m an idiot

Makes sense now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-15 16:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really shocked how much empathy there is here. As I said earlier, the methods being used towards the OP aren't innocent or proper, but the OP's actions surrounded him with that caliber of people, intended or not. Someone might be a drug addict due to depression, but if they get mugged meeting up with their dealer, they can be both victim and cause at the same time.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-15 16:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shozo didn't cause problems for RMT market, the idiots that Eli sold the dupe to did. Shozo has apologized for his behavior, I've apologized for mine, and I'm not involved in this petty ***. Not on bad terms with Eli either, it's too small a community to hold grudges over dumb stuff.

The DN icons make it seem likely that it's a former DN member(or hater) behind it. Probably the same person on both accounts, hard to imagine more than one tard that's this jaded.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm really shocked how much empathy there is here. As I said earlier, the methods being used towards the OP aren't innocent or proper, but the OP's actions surrounded him with that caliber of people, intended or not. Someone might be a drug addict due to depression, but if they get mugged meeting up with their dealer, they can be both victim and cause at the same time.
The review might not be lying about Shozo's behavior, but it's still not coming from an actual customer and his behavior in an online game isn't any real indicator of how he is in real life. I can't comment on his business, but there's no reason to assume he provides anything less than stellar service based on his behavior ingame. It's basically gangstalking, you can't blame the victim.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-15 16:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fair last point there, Thorny. My comment was mostly based in "surround yourself with bad people, bad things happen"- never assume someone's morality or level of sanity matches one's own.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2021-09-15 16:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's wrong. Any way you slice the pie. And no, nothing I did warranted this response. Calling people bad in a video game doesn't mean you get to potentially ruin their lives. (That's obviously being dramatic so you can understand the potential effect it could have.)

You've taken every opportunity to defend the actions of this person/persons with a thinly veiled platitude of that it's wrong. If it wasn't you directly, I'd put money on you knowing exactly who it was. Tell them to stop being a coward and tell me what I did to them so we can move on. It's been years.

Your previous argument was that you wouldn't want to buy from someone who cheats in a video game so it's warranted that someone people something completely irrelevant to the business.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-15 17:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"surround yourself with bad people, bad things happen"
It's pretty easy to draw a parallel from this to the whole leftist trope about dressing provocatively and getting assaulted. You don't blame the victim because someone else committed a horrible act against them.

You can get into cause:effect to point out that if he was nicer in the past, he wouldn't be in this situation right now, but it doesn't shift responsibility. Sociopath trying to cause him real life problems because they're jealous/bitter over video game actions is the only person at fault here.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-15 17:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok wow. Didn't expect my parallels to go down this rabbit hole, but let's break it down to (hopefully) show how your comparison is completely baseless...

Original scenario: known FFXI player who was a central figure in the most recent large-scale rule breaking in the game is then victim to harassment outside of that game. Likely in part because during that time of being "a central figure" a lot more got attributed to Shozo than was actually directly tied to him- push a pebble down a mountainside and start and avalanche, that might not have been the intention, but the world remembers the pebble.

First comparison I made: drug user who got addicted due to depression, then mugged meeting up with their dealer. In this comparison the mugging victim was in the middle of performing an illegal act and became victim to another illegal act.

Your comparison: woman dresses "provocatively", yet isn't doing anything illegal, and is assaulted.

In both the actual situation and my comparison, the second act against the victim can be directly correlated to another illegal act. In your comparison, the act against the victim is the only illegal act, and thus drawing of conclusions of why come from framing a legal act- dressing differently- at fault.

Please do not try and compare what I'm saying to physical assault of a woman. Its a faulty comparison, and honestly is extremely opportunistic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-09-15 17:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here for the profile views. I agree with everybody.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-15 17:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Likely that eiryl sells to the usual Chinese rmt. Probably wouldn't be too hard to get his information from them to see if he's your harasser...
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-15 17:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that attacks or harasses someone outside the realm of FFXI, whether or not they did questionable things in game is on another level of *** scumbag. Hitting someone in their actual livelihood where they put food on the table is a real piece of ***. Those defending the harassing statements can be lumped in that group too.
[+]
By Rips 2021-09-15 17:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Likely that eiryl sells to the usual Chinese rmt. Probably wouldn't be too hard to get his information from them to see if he's your harasser...

This is a baiting comment and downright nasty. And dangerous. That was a threat.
[+]
By Torzak 2021-09-15 17:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
You've taken every opportunity to defend the actions of this person/persons with a thinly veiled platitude of that it's wrong. If it wasn't you directly, I'd put money on you knowing exactly who it was. Tell them to stop being a coward and tell me what I did to them so we can move on. It's been years.

You saying that you'd put money that Celebrindal knows exactly who it was is laughable. Any number of us on the side lines, though most of us would choose to be silent and watch the comedy play out, could have said any number of ways a similar thing because we all have that life experience to draw from: do stupid ***get stupid prizes. There's even memes for this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-09-15 17:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What people did to Shozo surely is wrong, and I hope whoever is behind this gets their karma back, doxing is wrong in many levels, but what we are not gonna do is use this kind of comparison:

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It's pretty easy to draw a parallel from this to the whole leftist trope about dressing provocatively and getting assaulted.

Find better comparisons, but let’s not bring something like that into this. TYVM.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-15 17:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really glad that Eiryl's particular brand of mental illness is being occupied by a dying forum for a 20 year old mmo, putting on a big bad bravado to try to trollshield someone committing borderline rl crimes over hurt internet fee fees is sad as ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-15 17:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone might be a drug addict due to depression, but if they get mugged meeting up with their dealer, they can be both victim and cause at the same time.
Please do not try and compare what I'm saying to physical assault of a woman. Its a faulty comparison, and honestly is extremely opportunistic.

Not any more faulty than your original one. It's not your fault you got mugged just because you were meeting a drug dealer. The lawsuits that have stuck against opiate manufacturers agree with this; opiate addiction is a disease and in many cases beyond the patient's control. I've lost someone to opiate overdose, and while I understand personal responsibility is a component, it isn't fair to imply that anyone meeting with a drug dealer deserved to be mugged. I can't personally comment on the experience, but from what I've seen someone who is dope sick has very few options and will do what they need to to get that fix because it's incredibly unpleasant.

Looking at it slightly differently, Shozokui created a situation where it is emotionally rewarding for this nut job to harass him. Girl with a stalker created a situation where it's emotionally rewarding for the stalker to harass them. In both cases, it is likely that a change in some behaviors would have prevented the situation from occuring. However, in both cases, the victim's behavior is not what should be questioned.

I have to agree that it seems like you know who's behind this. I can't imagine a sane person defending this behavior. Shozokui's actions(and ego) were very agitating, but it's been almost 2 years.. to be so bitter you start harassing him in real life as soon as he returns to the game is absolutely insane. I hope he has good security, because this seems like the type of person who could actually show up there.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-15 17:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Asura.Tsm said: »

This is a baiting comment and downright nasty. And dangerous. That was a threat.
There are consequences for his actions. *** around and find out.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-09-15 17:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've locked the thread. What the ***, people?
[+]