New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 37 38 39
By Malaketth 2021-07-13 14:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its been said the fight is really extremely easy. The only thing left is to see if there is anything to up drop rates and so far its seems like no.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-13 16:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprising, a good SCH can solo VD without any issues. You don't need to be as good as Mischief to do so either.
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-07-13 16:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be doing VD without a party to burn it with, but I am happy doing normal with Pup/thf using SS Auto and a pocket Cor/whm
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-13 17:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The regain from Mighty Guard can be dispelled.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-13 19:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not nearly as impressive as Lute's VD Solo but here are my findings on my first several runs on Easy and strategies I have found that should work well for most jobs. Hope this helps some trying to take this on.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Heck 2021-07-13 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'ed VD on RDM/NIN this morning as well just using aura trusts. He was slightly more annoying then D. He hit for 100~ more with auto attacks and did about 150~ damage more with his Cataclysmic Vortex. Had to time cure's and Sanguines better this time around. Debuffs seem to wear off faster on him than with his D version too but never got resisted.

I had about -23 DT during the fight, swapped into full DT/MagEva when his terror landed or if he got an auto-attack+vortex. Had 1 iffy moment with 110HP when he did Gyre Charge and knocked me back and para landed. Went through about 2.5 stacks of Holy Waters. My enspells were doing 400-900~ with Croc (enthunder). It was lightsday as well. Was missing a lot with 1124 accuracy with distract 3 on, but hardly missed with 1243 acc (main set) with distract up. Keeping silence on as much as you can helps a lot since he can nuke you + vortex you and its game over.

Ended up winning with about 5 minutes left and only ring dropped with TH4. Tried doing light skillchains and MBing to see if I would get some proc but no success as well.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-07-13 20:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck said: »
Solo'ed VD on RDM/NIN this morning as well just using aura trusts. He was slightly more annoying then D. He hit for 100~ more with auto attacks and did about 150~ damage more with his Cataclysmic Vortex. Had to time cure's and Sanguines better this time around. Debuffs seem to wear off faster on him than with his D version too but never got resisted.

I had about -23 DT during the fight, swapped into full DT/MagEva when his terror landed or if he got an auto-attack+vortex. Had 1 iffy moment with 110HP when he did Gyre Charge and knocked me back and para landed. Went through about 2.5 stacks of Holy Waters. My enspells were doing 400-900~ with Croc (enthunder). It was lightsday as well. Was missing a lot with 1124 accuracy with distract 3 on, but hardly missed with 1243 acc (main set) with distract up. Keeping silence on as much as you can helps a lot since he can nuke you + vortex you and its game over.

Ended up winning with about 5 minutes left and only ring dropped with TH4. Tried doing light skillchains and MBing to see if I would get some proc but no success as well.

No clue why you wouldn't full time malignance and just evade the vast majority of statuses/have no trouble whatsoever with damage. It takes me 18-23 min with malignance and daybreak offhand, use maybe 1-3 remedies when para lands, and like a stack or 2 of holy water. I don't even bother with panaceas unless he gets lucky and slips a kaustra through then i remove all stats down when it happens. Also, there's no acc problems unless you have all stats down and the rare acc down from cosmic breath, and then only on offhand when using malignance.

Edit: he takes half dmg when his wings aren't up, and full dmg when they are, thats why my enspells are doing either 480 or 960.
[+]
 Garuda.Finuve
Server: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2021-07-13 20:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so about 20 runs today on VD with TH9, no armor or weapons
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-13 21:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be no surprise since it's soloable but no issues doing VD dual/triboxed. Honestly not sure what Matsui was smoking when he compared it to Lilith. That said prolly gonna spam D when and if I ever do spam this just for increased kill speed since drop rate seems bad regardless.
By Heck 2021-07-13 22:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Heck said: »

No clue why you wouldn't full time malignance and just evade the vast majority of statuses/have no trouble whatsoever with damage. It takes me 18-23 min with malignance and daybreak offhand, use maybe 1-3 remedies when para lands, and like a stack or 2 of holy water. I don't even bother with panaceas unless he gets lucky and slips a kaustra through then i remove all stats down when it happens. Also, there's no acc problems unless you have all stats down and the rare acc down from cosmic breath, and then only on offhand when using malignance.

Edit: he takes half dmg when his wings aren't up, and full dmg when they are, thats why my enspells are doing either 480 or 960.

Was mostly min/maxing dual-wield /enspell and to see what I could get away with. Most of my time loss was testing to see if it could be triggered with certain magic bursts/weapon skills.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-07-14 02:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Shinryu uses Dark Matter constantly, never gives you any, and never gives you what you really want...

I think we've discovered Oseem's true form.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-14 02:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There has to be some trick to unlock an extra drop slot, the drop rate being this low on VD isn't normal.

Keep in mind, just because it might have a proc system. Doesn't mean the same weapon skills or system as Ambuscade has would be used.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-14 02:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
There has to be some trick to unlock an extra drop slot, the drop rate being this low on VD isn't normal.

Keep in mind, just because it might have a proc system. Doesn't mean the same weapon skills or system as Ambuscade has would be used.
What about the good old-fashioned Blunt at night? Haven't seen anyone say they tried that yet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-14 04:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
RadialArcana said: »

What about the good old-fashioned Blunt at night? Haven't seen anyone say they tried that yet.

I already said I tried several times in this thread, so you need to read better. Someone suggested it's only on normal and higher and I did Easy, but Ejin and Kujah tried Normal with the same result. So it's either no proc system or it's not abysses proc system.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 04:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Grind for the sake of grind isn't really outside SE's wheelhouse. Too bad people make ***up for attention though, makes it really tough to tell if procs are a thing or not until on video. Could always be something loosely based on abyssea though, has anyone tried doing red yellow and blue procs for the window?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 04:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

People have claimed to see procs in update thread. It is just unclear if they are lying.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-14 04:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
I feel like if there was some kind of proc system, someone would have seen something by now.

Ive been checking the japanese forums that I have address saved but I also didnt see any mention of some mysterious trigger so far.

And its not entirely true. Actually, the longer it takes to have updated info or evidence of gimmicks, it could mean some heavily obscure method. EDIT: So, at this point, I would entirely discard all old proc system. Surely everyone tried that from the day 0 many times.

Generally everytime some content can be zerged asap in any sort of burning, most people keeps repeating that for raw drops as fast as they can. While the people who can kill something in a slower pace starts figuring things faster.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2021-07-14 05:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering why SE didnt done book number reserve system like ambu..waited 2 hours before I was able to enter was so crowded..
By Caesir 2021-07-14 05:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-%E4%B8%8A%E4%BD%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3BC%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=636966#post636966

They are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the congestion happens in entering Shinryu HTBF.

The best they can do is to adjust the specifications so that players can enter the area smoothly.

Unfortunately, the area used for this content is too difficult to accommodate as a multi-layered area and to implement a reservation system. So They are unable to adopt this as a practical measure.

So they make these changes:

"ファントムクォーツの交換に必要なメリットポイントを10から30に引き上げる対応を取らせていただくことにしました。
またこれだけでは単なる締め付けに他ならないため、戦利品のドロップ率(特に装備品に関連する部分)を全難易度において上方に調整を行います。"

1. The dev team have decided to increase the Merit Points required to exchange Shinryu HTBF KI from 10 to 30.
2. They will be adjusting (increasing) the loot(equipment) drop rates on every difficulty.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-14 05:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, Director Fujito here.

We would like to address the situation regarding the congestion in ★The Wyrm God.

Our ideal solution would be implementing a multi-layer area or reservation system to allow players to enter the content more smoothly, but this is unfortunately impractical due to the tremendous complexity of adding these for the area used in this particular content.

After hard consideration, we have decided to increase the number of merit points required for phantom gems from 10 to 30 in an effort to allow more players an opportunity to enjoy the content.
Since this adjustment by itself would only become a burden for players, we will also increase the chances of obtaining certain rewards (particularly equipment) across all difficulty levels.
We'll perform an emergency maintenance to apply this change once it's ready for implementation.

Furthermore, this adjustment is not a temporary workaround; it will remain this way moving forward.

We offer our humblest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58308-July-2021-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest/page2
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-07-14 05:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt they triple the beitetsu plutons and boulders which is all i see drop anymore. Hopefully they bring the drop rate on the good gear up a few tiers since just tripling 0 won't do much.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2021-07-14 06:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like their solution to be honest.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2021-07-14 06:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caesir said: »
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-%E4%B8%8A%E4%BD%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3BC%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=636966#post636966

They are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the congestion happens in entering Shinryu HTBF.

The best they can do is to adjust the specifications so that players can enter the area smoothly.

Unfortunately, the area used for this content is too difficult to accommodate as a multi-layered area and to implement a reservation system. So They are unable to adopt this as a practical measure.

So they make these changes:

"ファントムクォーツの交換に必要なメリットポイントを10から30に引き上げる対応を取らせていただくことにしました。
またこれだけでは単なる締め付けに他ならないため、戦利品のドロップ率(特に装備品に関連する部分)を全難易度において上方に調整を行います。"

1. The dev team have decided to increase the Merit Points required to exchange Shinryu HTBF KI from 10 to 30.
2. They will be adjusting (increasing) the loot(equipment) drop rates on every difficulty.

Well at least something :D
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-14 06:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more surprised how they didn't think that this would've OBVIOUSLY been a problem before.

I mean, wtf? If the area isn't suited for multi-layered, then put the *** model in a different area where you can multi-layer the battle?
I mean srsly?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 06:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm more surprised how they didn't think that this would've OBVIOUSLY been a problem before.

I mean, wtf? If the area isn't suited for multi-layered, then put the *** model in a different area where you can multi-layer the battle?
I mean srsly?

They don't give a ***. It's not that they didn't or couldn't or can't it's that they simply don't care.

A blu can get 70 merits for a party faster than 2 people can beat shinryu. Raising from 10-30 does jack and ***.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-14 06:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
The drop rate change better be pretty significant at 30 merits per fight!

They will just x3 it, and seeing how rare the drop rate seems to be that's not saying a lot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 37 38 39