New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 37 38 39
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-18 12:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not apply to the Shinryu fight, only the fights listed in campaign.

Quote:
Affected HTMB include: All individual Ark Angels / Divine Might II / Return to Delkfutt's Tower II / The Celestial Nexus II / The Savage II / The Warrior's Path II / Puppet in Peril II / Legacy of the Lost II / The Shadow Lord Battle II / Head Wind II / One to be Feared II / Dawn II / Trial by Fire II / Trial by Ice II / Trial by Wind II / Trial by Earth II / Trial by Lightning II / Trial by Water II / The Moonlit Path II / Waking the Beast II / Waking Dreams II
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-01-18 12:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Hi friends

Is there any indication that the little note below as part of the HTBF campaign impacts the drop rate on Shinryu?

* Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties

They have a list of the HTBFs it affects and, sadly, basically all of the ones you'd want it to include are excluded.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-18 12:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not quite true. Shinryu does award an additional personal drop despite not being included on the list.

I should have asked, what does that comment mean and does anybody have ideas how it translates to Shinryu's drops?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-18 14:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it doesn't award an additional personal drop for Shinryu. Regardless of campaign, I'm 90% sure on VD that it drops 2 REMA mat items (boxes, cases, etc.) to personal pool, for example.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-18 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I'm pretty sure it doesn't award an additional personal drop for Shinryu. Regardless of campaign, I'm 90% sure on VD that it drops 2 REMA mat items (boxes, cases, etc.) to personal pool, for example.

Although it's typically only two, you currently get three personal drops from Shinryu VD indicating that he is affected by the campaign.
By phunky 2022-01-18 17:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a few VD runs. 3rd personal drop is definitely open. No gear drops like usual.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-01-18 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Although it's typically only two, you currently get three personal drops from Shinryu VD indicating that he is affected by the campaign.
It does drop 3 now, but does it affect the armor pieces or weapons?
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-18 17:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, Cinzia. That's the question I'm asking but it got a bit derailed by whether or not he is even affected by the campaign. I assumed it was common knowledge that he *is* but apparently he's not on the official list on the campaign announcement.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-18 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For the duration of the campaign, the number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either
a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.

But the drop rate of armor during the campaign is higher too. From .01% to .02% before TH and .03% with TH! Just not part of the personal pool.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-18 17:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do they even bother adding the singles to the campaign anyway? That's not very exciting. They could at least make it cases and boxes minimum. Oh wow... a whole pluton. Wheeeee.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-18 17:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"balance"

If every bot had a 100% chance of box instead of single everything would crash instantly.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-18 17:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it only affects the chance of a drop slot opening which would translate to nearly no benefit on VD Shinryu. . . but was curious if anybody had any concrete information.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-01-18 17:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it only affects the chance of a drop slot opening which would translate to nearly no benefit on VD Shinryu. . . but was curious if anybody had any concrete information.
I could keep tally now, did 3 VD nothing as usual, lets see if it reaches 50-80 and if it drops more before then, it does affect... maybe...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-18 17:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Why do they even bother adding the singles to the campaign anyway? That's not very exciting. They could at least make it cases and boxes minimum. Oh wow... a whole pluton. Wheeeee.

Its based on difficulty. Lower difficulties get singles, Normal can be either single or box, and D/VD are always Box. It gives people who can't do the highest difficulty some bonus, though it's minimal. As Eiryl said, imagine if bots could just do VE and get a guaranteed box. You'd absolutely never be able to get into any battlefield because their army of characters would clog the zone trying for that 1 box/character freebie.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-19 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

looked for a bit couldnt find anything but bitching

Any ideas for a triple box D/VD setup?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-01-19 09:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

RDM / THF / WHM?

Well-geared RDM can solo VD, THF tags TH8+ and helps DD if you can, and WHM is self-explanatory.

With hate reset I'm guessing there's a good chance the THF & WHM will die, so having a solo-capable job in RDM would be ideal over another DD. And you really want to land the Silences, though I guess WHM potentially could.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-19 09:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

The idea is to invite your best (and hairy chested) buddy Sechs and kill it together <3
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-19 09:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There's already a lowman strat in this thread of SAM WHM BRD. Like two minutes kills. You can use THF instead of SAM, or any other DD if you feel confident as healer.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-19 14:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There's already a lowman strat in this thread of SAM WHM BRD. Like two minutes kills. You can use THF instead of SAM, or any other DD if you feel confident as healer.
Care to link the post
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-19 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56102/new-htbf-shinryu-20/28/#3592148
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2022-01-19 15:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Buukki
By SimonSes 2022-01-19 15:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Can also you BLU instead of WHM for curing and DDing at the same time.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-19 18:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but it'd be more dangerous since you wouldn't have someone out of range to cure paralyze and doom.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-11 18:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Good riddance to Shinryu; I will not miss it now that AMAN has (mostly) killed it.

In about 1200 VD runs w/ TH4, I got 1 knife, 4 helms, and 4 scythes (though I didn't dbox my items immediately, so might have been a couple more duplicates if I had). I probably made over 500 million selling stuff, though, which is the only reason I kept going.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-11 18:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good that you at least made lemonade.

I'm super curious what you'll pay for the cloak, I saw Orij sell one (the first one maybe?) for 400m
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-11 19:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought one for 200m.

I also forgot to count the thousands of REMA mat boxes Shinryu was giving, so I probably made over 600m.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-04-11 19:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

200m for the cloak? *** me did I get lucky on AMAN then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-04-11 20:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on Shinryu runs:

10 drops in 689 runs.

4/5 unique drops

4x Mail; 3x Scythe; 2x Helm; 1x Cloak

Cloak finally dropped on kill #669 this Saturday.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-11 22:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that on E?
 Fenrir.Velner