Forum » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Dothraki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dothraki 2021-07-24 22:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone had any luck with drops? done about 100 runs it seems like all VD, just seen 1 scythe (all TH 9-11)
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-07-24 22:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it on easy a few times tonight and got the dagger!
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-07-24 23:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 0/10 tonight on VD so that statement above is, shall we say, infuriating.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-07-24 23:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Done about 20 VD runs since update and get nothing (all my chars have the pebble, earring and ring). Based on what others are saying, it may be SE only increased drop rates on lower difficulties? Just a thought

Edit: TH8-11 applied as well
[+]
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-25 00:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This BC can suck it haha
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-25 00:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How long until we see a notice that the drop rate for certain items in the wyrm God HTBF was unintentionally set lower than expected?
[+]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2021-07-25 00:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Changes are obviously dis-proportionate to drops previous to update for amount of merits spent to enter. They need to fix this asap because its feels like they keep trying to see how far they can go by doing so little and getting more $ money per month. Remember when the game began with and all the creative content that was released ages past and you felt like your money was going towards something more than just server electricity costs...
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-25 01:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like I said before update. They probably increased drop rate, but not distribution of weapon/armor against accessories, so it's worse than it was.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-25 06:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how much of a pain it was to get the gear from the original fight i think it's intentional. This fight is prolly to fill the void after odyssey for the people who are done so they still have something to do and they wanna milk it til they release something new.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 09:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt do old Shinryu from the start, but surely with blue proc and TH, you would never spent 100 fights to get entire set of gears.

Spending 100 fights to get one of the main pieces is a disturbing way to prolong content while they gain time to advance their other projects.

At this point, you should be considered lucky that the gear is barely okish. Just imagine if it was Malignance-tier of awesomeness back then lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-25 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Have people actually tried proccing Shinryu with different methods (magic, job abilities, WS at varying times)? Seems pretty silly to not have any method to increase the drop besides treasure hunter.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-25 10:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Have people actually tried proccing Shinryu with different methods (magic, job abilities, WS at varying times)? Seems pretty silly to not have any method to increase the drop besides treasure hunter.
I know Kujahfoxfire tried blunt at night, not sure about magic, etc
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Still didnt see any hint in the japanese side of forums. And the same complains about drop rates what indicates the worst.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-25 10:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I didnt do old Shinryu from the start, but surely with blue proc and TH, you would never spent 100 fights to get entire set of gears.
It wasn't the norm, but it also wasn't super uncommon for someone to be missing one last piece after 100 blue proc + TH runs.
By joemamma 2021-07-25 11:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Coffeegood said: »
Changes are obviously dis-proportionate to drops previous to update for amount of merits spent to enter. They need to fix this asap because its feels like they keep trying to see how far they can go by doing so little and getting more $ money per month. Remember when the game began with and all the creative content that was released ages past and you felt like your money was going towards something more than just server electricity costs...

Instead of people not doing the fight. "Well you just got kill it 400 times only at night...that's pretty reasonable".
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-25 11:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From my recollection, individual pieces were all in the 10-15% range with blue proc. I farmed them all for multiple characters in short order. While it's been long enough that you'd expect someone to stumble on a proc by now, the comments that lower difficulties will be more annoying than Lilith don't seem to tally with the reality. It may be worth systematically ruling out things.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-25 11:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just worth noting that they have literally zero concept of what is annoying to a player.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-25 12:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Pantafernando said: »
It wasn't the norm, but it also wasn't super uncommon for someone to be missing one last piece after 100 blue proc + TH runs.

We were mercing Shinryu at 99lv cap and it never took us more than one day to deliver the piece someone was buying and one day was usually at most 20 attempts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-25 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe there's a time component to the fight, an instance where Shinryu does something the longer he's alive, that possibly influences drop rate? I don't know, I'm just thinking of possibilities. I keep hearing people getting the good drops "solo" but in several dozen VD runs (which are over in like one minute), I've seen nothing besides accessories. Including TH10-11. That alone is already worse than my experience with malignance drop rate on VD. The merit change to this fight makes this significantly more frustrating, as was mentioned.

If this is just a bad "drop distribution" fight like Dawn HTBF was with Gyve Doublet, that's a pretty disingenuous way to implement new content.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-25 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If this is just a bad "drop distribution" fight like Dawn HTBF was with Gyve Doublet, that's a pretty disingenuous way to implement new content.

That appears to be the case. It's just like lillith, except you can't unlock multiple additional drop slots through fight mechanics. And from the looks of it, the accessories have an even higher distribution here than what the "fodder drops" were in lillith. And if the update really did just increase load rate but not touch distribution it actually made the fight even more grindy.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-25 13:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw ring and earring drop like 3 times in a row. At that point I knew dagger / armor would be like 1% drop rate. No need to spam in 300 times to figure it out.
[+]
 Asura.Dothraki
By Asura.Dothraki 2021-07-25 13:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Done about 20 VD runs since update and get nothing (all my chars have the pebble, earring and ring). Based on what others are saying, it may be SE only increased drop rates on lower difficulties? Just a thought

Edit: TH8-11 applied as well

What are the chances that this is what actually happened? Time to do VE-N for better chances at gear?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-07-25 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

0.01% to 0.03% is tripling the drop rate.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-25 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-07-25 17:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There probably is a stagger mechanic but nobody has figured it out yet. The problem is precious few are willing to try and figure it out in a group because they're already fighting against the ridiculous entry system which limits the number of people and times people can try it.

It's a hard sell to a group getting them to experiment when they could just enter VE/E and grind away.
[+]
By Malaketth 2021-07-25 17:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of people tried procing the first several days. If there is a way to proc, it’s obscure enough no one even accidentally stumbled across it. But we tried all the known proc methods from abby and then tried some other stuff like 6 steps and same day nuke bursting, Opposite Day nuke bursting light scs dark scs. I mean to think people haven’t tried at this point is kind of sillly.

If it has a proc, again it’s very obscure or multifaceted.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-25 17:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall ain't even tried fumin' it yet. You've got miles to go before any claims of nope.
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-25 17:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gotta let thf get kill shot.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-07-25 19:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys really think SE programmed some totally new proc mechanic for a single recycled BCNM that they messed up dramatically anyway?

They haven't even fixed the glaring bugs in Odyssey; there is no proc system for this fight, just a super shitty droprate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39