users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Carapace Combatants
Carapace Combatants
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-10-28 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm about to buy a wyvern earring until a friend suggests to try the bcnm first, so i save up 30 seals (yes i dont have many because i always use them as soon as i get enough :P). Just wondering if anyone has any experience/ knows good setups and strategies for this bcnm as i can't find much detail around the internet.

Ps: If anyone on gilga has a wyvern mantle, ill pay triple the AH price for it...
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-28 16:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this one with a couple of friends a bunch of times. We went as rdm/blm, blm/whm, and pld/war, following the strategy on ffwiki. After we were buffed and ready, the pld vokes the beetle that casts Stonega(out of range of the mages, of course), blm uses ele seal + sleep on the other beetle, then both mages nuke the casting beetle. When the other one wakes up, the it's the rdm turn to ele seal + sleep.

When it wakes up again, just kite it with grav/bind while the blm and pld kill the first one. Keep kiting while they rest after beating the first one, then just beat down the second beetle. It was pretty easy.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-10-28 16:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
I did this one with a couple of friends a bunch of times. We went as rdm/blm, blm/whm, and pld/war, following the strategy on ffwiki. After we were buffed and ready, the pld vokes the beetle that casts Stonega(out of range of the mages, of course), blm uses ele seal sleep on the other beetle, then both mages nuke the casting beetle. When the other one wakes up, the it's the rdm turn to ele seal sleep.

When it wakes up again, just kite it with grav/bind while the blm and pld kill the first one. Keep kiting while they rest after beating the first one, then just beat down the second beetle. It was pretty easy.

The best thing i can go as is drk/blm that way i still get Ele seal and sleep + i can still beat ***up and sorta kite (dont have blm or pld leveled enough), what other 2 jobs would u recomend?
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-28 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you're drk/blm, I guess that could take the place of the blm, but it'd still be nice to have a rdm to kite the other one with grav. And a war could probably replace the pld as tank, but it'd be tougher without the extra healing magic.