Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Agwu's Claymore and Scythe
Agwu's Claymore and Scythe
By Kasumuni88 2021-05-24 05:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are these worth picking up? Fresh 99 drk and it's a toss up between these or doing the Apoc / Rag. These are less work to get, but are they close enough in terms of damage and ability?
By kairyu 2021-05-24 05:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a career DRK here, but as far as utility goes, Apoc is probably the safest bet. It essentially changes what you are capable of in terms of survivability and will have some situational use regardless of how many other weapons you acquire over time. The atonement weapons look decent on paper, but if you have access to Odin HTBF then zantetsuken x would also be a good shout. Technically it’s free and has very good DPS, and even has some haste for when last resort drops if you end up in a situation where you need capped gear haste which gives you some more flexibility for your other slots.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-24 06:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasumuni88 said: »
Are these worth picking up? Fresh 99 drk and it's a toss up between these or doing the Apoc / Rag. These are less work to get, but are they close enough in terms of damage and ability?

Not sure about Claymore, but I've expressed interest in the Scythe for Souleater shenanigans. Depending on what server you're on, the prices should be steadily dropping.

All in all, if you're okay with spending the gil on one or both as holdovers that sounds fine to me. There are plenty of free options depending on your access to content as well, but that's not the question you asked. lol
By Solonuke 2021-05-24 06:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ambuscade weapons are also worth to take a look at. The agwu weapons for drk seems better when you have kaja weapons but the fully upgraded weapons are better, at least until you augment the odyssey weapons. When you are augmenting them, you most likely have apoc/cala at that point.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-24 06:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's about as good a place as any to ask:

Has anyone actually picked up Agwu's Scythe and tested it to see if it works are the description states?
By Nariont 2021-05-24 06:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thery're solid hold overs til you make a REMA, but wont replace those REMA's either. If you just want a quick weapon to use id say pick them up, there's better out there in those weapon types but will either potentially cost a good deal of time or money.

If you did get an ambu weapon consider the Gaxe, very powerful starter weapon and remains useful for break WS' afterwards
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2021-05-24 08:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Father Time? Worth the price?

I have done other relics before, and when you get to the top it seems you can get close without spending so much time farming stuff.
By Crossbones 2021-05-24 10:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see any reason to make a father time outside of niche SB stuff, and even then it's questionable. Much better scythes out there with apoc, lib, anguta, and even redemption. For 60m you could make an apoc, AG it, and RP it about halfway or more (and not worry about having to use aggs on it or lvl it up in dyna) and apoc will have a lot more utility and also have drain potency.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2021-08-07 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up the Claymore months ago, and haven't used it once. In fact, if you have a fully augmented Montante +1 or the Nanadaka, the Agwu Claymore is pretty much a waste. Rag MIGHT be worth it if you need a high-acc GS; otherwise, work towards the Caladbolg.

As far as Scythes go, Get the Apoc. Other scythes may have nifty niche capabilities, but the Apoc is gonna be your general go-to for scythes...maybe the Liberator or Anguta. Though, the new scythe from Shinryu may be worth it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-07 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator is still amazing, but you need to gear for it and Sakpata doesn't help it as much as other options. Easily beats other Scythes for damage when you get its aftermath going. The only drawback is having to go through all the Mythic trials.
By Kasumuni88 2021-08-31 03:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

With the augments surely it brings both items up to par being slightly behind 119 AG REMA. The stats are actually pretty good after fully augmented.
By SimonSes 2021-08-31 04:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasumuni88 said: »
With the augments surely it brings both items up to par being slightly behind 119 AG REMA. The stats are actually pretty good after fully augmented.

Its not even close.

- Liberator is good, because of huge bonus to Insurgency and AM3
- Apocalypse is good, because of utility
- Redemption is good, because of AM3 white damage offset the fact that scythe WSs without augments are only good at 2000+ TP. Also 50 STR/MND/INT adds quite a lot WS damage to all Scythe WSs.
- Anguta is good, because 500TP bonus helps a lot to get to 2000 effective TP and it makes Entropy a viable option for skillchains

Without those specific perks regular scythes are far behind
Agwu's claymore might not be that far behind for Resolution spam I guess if you can't put AM3 up on Caladbolg, but that's niche. Caladbolg with AM3 and doing Torcleavers is again far ahead.
By Kasumuni88 2021-08-31 06:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with your scythe points.

Leaning more towards the Claymore, the augs put it ahead of the Unity and Ragnarok swords. having an apoc for utility and maybe the agwu's claymore for it's SC properties might be worth the RP into it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [491 days between previous and next post]
By Kasumuni88 2023-01-04 06:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

necro bump..

Now that the claymore has further augments, is it still not worth pushing it?

DMG 346
Attack +75
Accuracy +55
Counter +10

Not sure why they put counter on it, but I suppose a follow up attack from being hit....
By Nariont 2023-01-04 06:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were resolution spamming then it's probably best, generally other WS' are used though, or just other weapons. As for counter, cause RUNs on it I guess, but picking DT would just be too easy.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-04 09:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its decent but has nothing on Cala or a r15 Cala. If you don't want to invest in a cala this will probably be your best bet till the prime great sword is released.
[+]