2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2021 Version Update
May 2021 Version Update
By Thunderjet 2021-05-10 03:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
hover shot would be fine if we didnt get interrupted from moving. it might actually be amusing at that point, but that's not how it's going to work.

Just played with it a little, it doesn't seem to interrupt as much as you think.. a nicely created and perfectly timed Auto-Strafing addon can make it work really well..

It also works on Weapon Skills..

Although, it may be tough to make such a program, as clientside vs serverside detection of you stopping may cause some confusion. It would have to be paced out not on every single Ranged Attack, rather every WS to give your DPS a little more boost..

please no.... we are slowly turning this to a mobile auto play game
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 03:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord. Honestly?
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 03:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Automation is everywhere in this game's atmosphere. With so many tools.... you choose the level of automation you want..

Vanilla with no Macros (I don't know who does this lol), or Vanilla with Macros, or Windower, Windower with Gearswap, etc... at your own risk of course on how far you want to go with Automation..

I really enjoyed Snapster's systems when he posted them here on this website, he had a lot of great Auto-RA systems when he played and did exceptionally well on RNG, creating strategies for content when it released using Ranged Methods.. he doesn't play anymore..

So many hundreds of people use his programs now.. Auto-RA has been around forever..
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 03:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cancer is everywhere. Choose the level of exposure and development you want. Clean living or 2 packs of cigarettes and fast food every day.

....just because something is everywhere doesn't equal a justification or validation.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2021-05-10 03:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is cancer if I don't like it. It's not my fault. It's just science.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 03:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Cancer is everywhere. Choose the level of exposure and development you want. Clean living or 2 packs of cigarettes and fast food every day.

....just because something is everywhere doesn't equal a justification or validation.

My reasoning is that you can choose what you want to do.. I am not justifying it at all, it may just be an option for people. They can validate it in their minds if they want.. Risk their own account as they do everyday with the tools they choose..

It may be highly complex to create such a tool any way with server delays/lag..

Might be better just move manually.. creating a system with some maybe visual cues to hint/motivate you to moving incase you are occupied..

I'm a multiboxer bro.. you already hate my race.. lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 03:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hover shot would be fine if we didnt get interrupted from moving. it might actually be amusing at that point, but that's not how it's going to work.

Just played with it a little, it doesn't seem to interrupt as much as you think.. a nicely created and perfectly timed Auto-Strafing addon can make it work really well..

Although, it may be tough to make such a program, as clientside vs serverside detection of you stopping may cause some confusion. It would have to be paced out not on every single Ranged Attack, rather every WS to give your DPS a little more boost..
An addon to make a JA work when honestly its not needed is a wtf we doing moment if I ever seen one.
[+]
By Serjero 2021-05-10 03:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need to make a DDR style add-on/interface and hook up a dance pad for the movement. Make playing RNG part of your daily exercise routine.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-05-10 03:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

An addon to make a JA work when honestly its not needed is a wtf we doing moment if I ever seen one.

No addons are ever needed, but there are multi-boxers that will need it for some kind of automation in the future.. (I'm talking from a multibox point-of-view Singleboxers, you don't need automated add-ons for this.. just move your ***..

First we have to see if it's even worth it because I think the boost is too small.. so may not even be worth it to bother with Hover Shot..
By RadialArcana 2021-05-10 04:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Update reverted XI view Icons, I don't know replacing them now would cause crashes. hope Kenshi or Caradog can find out

I don't use these but I believe Caradog has abandoned his mods, hasn't updated in a long time at least.

I think this will only crash if you're on RNG, since the new JA will most likely have a new icon and it's not in the mod.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-05-10 04:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

DemXI video, not mine btw.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mGFeIBdvO3zkCaDoBg1qQ

Give him a sub, he makes great rng videos/

They literally put a graphic glow effect on this new JA (on hands)

FFXI players: "this hover shot sucks, it's dumb"
FFXI players after they see their hands glow red: "this is fking awesome!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 04:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Thanks for posting this and honestly this is how I feel it should work. The way it was talked about seemed like you had to be moving and shooting. From looks of it and early test you just need to not be in the same spot you did your last shot on which is perfectly fine.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-10 04:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover shot is probably intended to balance the increase in ranged attack speed given to those using packet based addons so legitimate RNG can compare or even beat them.

Honestly, I hope nobody releases an addon for it.
[+]
By Garretts 2021-05-10 05:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That didn't look nearly as bad as I expected it to. Position plug-in would have been really nice. (Some of those movements looked less than 1 yalm)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-10 05:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Thanks for posting this and honestly this is how I feel it should work. The way it was talked about seemed like you had to be moving and shooting. From looks of it and early test you just need to not be in the same spot you did your last shot on which is perfectly fine.

From the looks of it, they didn't always strafe the proper distance, but a constant build-up of 100+ dmg a shot for strafing seems reasonable. I won't complain since I don't play RNG.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-10 05:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garretts said: »
That didn't look nearly as bad as I expected it to. Position plug-in would have been really nice. (Some of those movements looked less than 1 yalm)

The JP Purity Brigade is still out there. Probably taking precaution.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-10 05:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A Porter Moogle has been added to the staging grounds in Sheol: Gaol.
Players may retrieve items stored via the Porter Moogle here.

Praise Altana!
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-10 05:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Quote:

Praise Altana!

The hidden gem of the update
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 05:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Quote:

Praise Altana!

Its crazy because you had players saying we dont need one inside the zone for whatever reason wont list any names. Clearly SE and others thought it was a smart idea good to see the change.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-05-10 06:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Resources have been pushed.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-05-10 06:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

New scorpion reskin in the dat files, guessing it's for a mission.

Put some extra effort into the new red raptor mount too, carpet on it's back.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 07:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Quote:

Praise Altana!

Its crazy because you had players saying we dont need one inside the zone for whatever reason wont list any names. Clearly SE and others thought it was a smart idea good to see the change.

"Guiz, how come you can't fit three jobs worth of gear/slips/capes on one character. I can do it!!"

"You don't need to carry 200 pieces for a five minute fight"

Also
"You're not optimal if you don't minmax"
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 07:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG broken with skyrocket damage in single target fights and R20 Odyssey gear reduced from 99000 segments and 33 fights to 49500 segments and 11 fights. 25% bonus segments when farming when touching last conflux. Even fixed something none even know (TP bonus for Footwork MNK). EDIT: AND PORTER MOOGLE in GAOL! ***, this was a glorious update :D
[+]
By gojito 2021-05-10 09:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Addon that moves my char on its own? Yeah nah. I would rather not use the ability at all...

Or one that reminds you to move manually before a WS.. gives a little visual nudge onscreen with a visual cue or something...

Yeah it may not be worth it if it isn't that huge of a boost anyways.. Just giving some ideas to try to make it be a part of practical use.. I agree it is a hinderance or rarely utilized on occasion otherwise..

I did not test the boosted stats yet..

Would be hilarious if we could make the random fishing arrows pop up as the visual reminder.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-05-10 09:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Automation is everywhere in this game's atmosphere. With so many tools.... you choose the level of automation you want..

Vanilla with no Macros (I don't know who does this lol), or Vanilla with Macros, or Windower, Windower with Gearswap, etc... at your own risk of course on how far you want to go with Automation..

I really enjoyed Snapster's systems when he posted them here on this website, he had a lot of great Auto-RA systems when he played and did exceptionally well on RNG, creating strategies for content when it released using Ranged Methods.. he doesn't play anymore..

So many hundreds of people use his programs now.. Auto-RA has been around forever..

At that point can you come over to my house and play ranger for me ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-10 10:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly satisfied by these changes. It's exactely what Odyssey needed, glad they delivered this early instead of waiting 8+ months.

Now we just need the *** storage of KIs on the Moogle and we'll be fine!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-10 10:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As a not so useful FYI: Nyame Flanchard had a typo fixed last night that I missed. The stats were Magic burst damage +6 all along instead of Magic burst damage +5 like we had on the English version.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-10 10:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, Moglification: Resist Death?
gdi, now I will actually have to think about getting some mandy pots.
By Nocki 2021-05-10 11:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
As a not so useful FYI: Nyame Flanchard had a typo fixed last night that I missed. The stats were Magic burst damage +6 all along instead of Magic burst damage +5 like we had on the English version.

Damn, this changes everything...
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-05-10 12:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The NA version is actually +5 magic damage, the JP one is actually a 6% damage increase.

/s