Friendly RMTs - New Tactic?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Friendly RMTs - New tactic?
Friendly RMTs - New tactic?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-28 07:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lordnevyn said:
I hav been recently bombarded with RMT /tells since I've switched to the server. I think it's funny that I come from Bahamut which is infamous for RMT and I think I received 2 or 3 /tells in the two years I was there and in the two weeks I've been on Phoenix I get 2 or 3 a day. It's freakin ridiculous.

2 or 3 a day?

Try 10-20 a day on Valefor on some days >> average for me i'd say i get at least 1-15 a day, 20 at the most, its insane, and noe they all like, "Hope you nice day now thank you" ..... wtf, WE DONT WANT YOUR F*#%ING GIL YOU STUPID CHINESE F#$*! lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-10-28 07:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a few /tells back to back for two different sites, one saying something like "yay brogame use this code get a discount" or however it goes, and then one shortly after saying "Boo brogame, I used them and got ripped off a few hundread bucks, so I switched to (Forget company) and got 50% more gil for my money, All right!"
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-10-28 08:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a great /tell off an RMT recently. I was in the eldeime necropolis and bumped into a party of 5 level 50s. 4x war and 1x whm, pretty much the same gear, all rank 1 in same nation, all moving together, names like afghdatg, you get the picture.

Asked me if I'd help farm 5x G1 drops for 500k.

{No Thanks}
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-10-28 08:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
believe it or not some RMT arn't all that bad.
well, I dunno about today but a long time ago, RMT used to still be actual people behind the characters, just like you and me. I made friends with a few RMT during my time mining in Mount Zhayolm. On numerous occasions they would trade me Iron Ores, free of charge, simply because their starting inventories (from the lv25 whm mule they took out mining) couldnt hold the unstackable items. We couldn't really communicate well with each other, but managed to get by through simple emotes and a few broken /say conversations. I'd craft his Iron Ores into ingots, then run off to continue mining. The next time our paths crossed, he's trade me again. This didnt really stop me from emailing his name (amongst many others) to the STF, but it just kinda proved that even though RMT are a little taboo in our online society... they're still just real people playing a video game, and are susceptible to the same actions and responses as any other human being playing the game.

Someone should make a topic "Old RMT vs New RMT". Would be alot of good stories. I know I have alot. RMT 5+ years ago, compaired to RMT today are totally different.
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2009-10-28 09:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Murdock said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
well, I dunno about today but a long time ago, RMT used to still be actual people behind the characters, just like you and me. I made friends with a few RMT during my time mining in Mount Zhayolm. On numerous occasions they would trade me Iron Ores, free of charge, simply because their starting inventories (from the lv25 whm mule they took out mining) couldnt hold the unstackable items. We couldn't really communicate well with each other, but managed to get by through simple emotes and a few broken /say conversations. I'd craft his Iron Ores into ingots, then run off to continue mining. The next time our paths crossed, he's trade me again. This didnt really stop me from emailing his name (amongst many others) to the STF, but it just kinda proved that even though RMT are a little taboo in our online society... they're still just real people playing a video game, and are susceptible to the same actions and responses as any other human being playing the game.

Someone should make a topic "Old RMT vs New RMT". Would be alot of good stories. I know I have alot. RMT 5 years ago, compaired to RMT today are totally different.

Fenrir had a NIN in SSG called Chrboy, and he was a damn good NIN with nice gear lol.

They would often help people out with Charby if I remember rightly.

Then there was Chrgirl and Galwar the Galka always at the Goobue camps.

Back then these were simply areas you didnt bother farming unless you wanted to piss them off cos you were bored and watch their reinforcements arrive and camp you out of the zone, my best on Goobues was them bringing in 3 THFs lol.

Having 10 RMT PLAYERS on the server camping singular NMs forever seems like a dream come true compared to the BS we have now with the hacking and the stupid GM and Gil /tells.

They were also relatively friendly and, depending which person was playing the character (needless to say was prob a rotation of 5 people) they would ask you how you are today and do you need help as their NM window is 3 hours away.

Crazy..... I actually wish it was still like that. :s
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-30 03:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Havster said:
Siren.Murdock said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

Someone should make a topic "Old RMT vs New RMT". Would be alot of good stories. I know I have alot. RMT 5 years ago, compaired to RMT today are totally different.

Fenrir had a NIN in SSG called Chrboy, and he was a damn good NIN with nice gear lol.

They would often help people out with Charby if I remember rightly.

Then there was Chrgirl and Galwar the Galka always at the Goobue camps.

Back then these were simply areas you didnt bother farming unless you wanted to piss them off cos you were bored and watch their reinforcements arrive and camp you out of the zone, my best on Goobues was them bringing in 3 THFs lol.

Having 10 RMT PLAYERS on the server camping singular NMs forever seems like a dream come true compared to the BS we have now with the hacking and the stupid GM and Gil /tells.

They were also relatively friendly and, depending which person was playing the character (needless to say was prob a rotation of 5 people) they would ask you how you are today and do you need help as their NM window is 3 hours away.

Crazy..... I actually wish it was still like that. :s

Siren also had 2 RMT like this but in Zitah.

ANYONE who has farmed in Zitah before the Blood nerf last year should remember them.

A NIN/THF and a THF/NIN named Ninj and Geligely. They would farm the Beast Blood and Tree Cuttings 24/7. I at the time didn't have monk 75 yet and wanted for farm blood for O kotes for my monk. Of course they did what most RMT farmers did when you tried to farm against them, kill & claim as much as possible. Till one day I simply asked, "Excuse me, Can I farm here for O kotes please?" Surprisingly both of them stopped, said ok and both logged off for a few hours so I could farm. They did this a couple more times till I finally had the gil for buy the gloves.

A few weeks later they got banned. lol
So yeah, RMT are for the most part *** cheats doing anything for gold, gil, whatever. But some of them have a heart at least.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-10-30 10:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelia said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Respond in spanish. A chinese person never would know spanish.
one of them got "Go *** yourself you Asian, squitny-eyed cuntface" from me just today.
they're just doing their jobs man what the *** tbh the more you spam them the more they will spam you back in vengeance

You're both ignorant if you think any of these bots will ever even read any of your responses.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-30 10:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vawn said:
Bahamut.Kelia said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Respond in spanish. A chinese person never would know spanish.
one of them got "Go *** yourself you Asian, squitny-eyed cuntface" from me just today.
they're just doing their jobs man what the *** tbh the more you spam them the more they will spam you back in vengeance

You're both ignorant if you think any of these bots will ever even read any of your responses.

@Vawn.. open your mouth so I can shove this vacuum in it. I don't give a uder-flying, ratbat *** if they read my responses, I do it out of sheer amusement.

@Kelia... That is a job that's better left undone. And they haven't been spamming me anymore than they normal would. But I still would like to blow them off the face of the earth.
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2009-10-30 11:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still a firm believer in a report system that allows players to target RMTs as mobs and let us have some fun. ^.^

Needless to say there are several times I have wished for this ability. Maybe the RMTs would get the point that they are not wanted on our servers if there was roaming kill teams seeking RMT PTs or other such things.

Maybe even a bounty for the kills... /em grins

[Job] [Bounty Hunter] [You can have this.]
 Bahamut.Megbite
Server: Bahamut
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-10-30 11:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny, some of you are basically saying "I miss the old RMT, they were less evil" while the RMT are saying "We miss the old players, they bought more gil."
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-10-30 14:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Alijah said:
Yeah, I've gotten those. These aren't even pitching their gold or whatnot. The tell is literally just "hi" I usually get 2-3 at the same time from different names, so I can't even blist them cause it's always a different name. Annoying.

This is what a low-rmt-tell night bazaar'ing looks like. -.-'
User submitted image

This is what it makes me want to do.
User submitted image
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-10-31 02:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw, don't kick the poor little doggy. 8(
[+]
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2009-10-31 04:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i got one a few days ago that just said "lol"

at first i thought it was a mt.
but the pho is a dead giveaway...
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-11-01 16:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
i got one a few days ago that just said "lol"

at first i thought it was a mt.
but the pho is a dead giveaway...

Lol I hope I get one that's just like that.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2009-11-01 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
i got one a few days ago that just said "lol" at first i thought it was a mt. but the pho is a dead giveaway...

That /t seems suspicious, a friend got hacked one day after that happened. Many people received it, too (but not everyone did)
[+]
 Caitsith.Merlitz
Server: Caitsith
user: Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2009-11-01 17:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How about contacting the company that's hosting their sites "Softlayer Technologies" in Dallas TX. Brogames.com, oosale.com, GAMERSELL.com and itemrate.com are all run off their servers. I almost want to just forward all the RMT tells I get to Softlayer's email...
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-11-01 17:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Merl.. How do you know this O.o
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-01 17:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When I used to go on mules to check on plants or craft or whatever, I'd search the area I was in and randomly start talking to people to start up conversations.

Maybe you people should take off your conspiracy glasses.
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-11-01 18:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i got another fake GM last night, saying i had suspicious RMT activities and they were gonna ban my account, so i tryed to message them back saying "go ahead, ban me." but they put themselves away now so no one can abuse them, shame really. i've had up to 3 RMT tells within 5 mins, i'd like to know more info on what SE's filter is gonna be like. though if its anything like the previous things they have done to stop RMTs, it will be more likely to help RMTs.
 Caitsith.Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2009-11-01 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Rathz said:

Flagfox

http://geotool.flagfox.net/?ip=67.228.191.80&host=brogame.com

click on the IP address
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-01 19:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Merlitz said:
Pandemonium.Rathz said:

Flagfox

click on the IP address

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
Server: Bahamut
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-11-01 19:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT only there cause of the players, if ppl didnt want to advance in the game the easy way by buying their gil so they can have the best gear and not know how to play. So now ppl may not be buying gil as they once did because of whatever reasons and now they resorting to different techniques.
And with the new game coming out soon u got to wonder how stupid those people who bought gil will feel and also are they gonna ruin the new game the same way?
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-01 19:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Murdock said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

Back during the ridiculous inflation... I had an RMT woodworker who would come to me everyday with about a dozen ice ore etc and have me make his beads and he would pay anywhere from 50-100k a piece to synth them. Meanwhile i got a free ride on skillups.

And even after i capped on the beads i had absolutely no problem with making this dude his beads for such easy free money... and it was every single day he needed them so it was dependable gil income just from this one guy, i didn't even need to craft for profits myself even though i did.

I loved that little china man playing a taru woodworker. I assume he got banned though because he hasn't sold an item since july 30th 2007 =(
 Caitsith.Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2009-11-01 20:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Merlitz said:
Pandemonium.Rathz said:

Flagfox