Soloing Kin
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-18 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to solo Kin on Blu?

I'm using AAHM as a sub tank and going /drg for high jump to clear target. I can basically get him to around 20% before wiping, since at that point AAHM is usually dead and the rest of my trusts are pretty much wrecked by meteor and tp spam.

Anyone have a good setup for this?
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-03-18 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
wrecked by meteor and tp spam.
Iirc the spells Omen bosses cast are based on game day. Try going in on a day other than darks day.

For TP spam, summon trusts in a specific order to keep them out of range of AoEs. For my old omen soloes I used to summon these trusts in this order: Tank trust, Yoran, Selh'teus, Koru-moru, Ulmia.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 16:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Meteor/Impact is only used on Darksdays. Kin casts elemental Magic based on the day. Avoid it to avoid Meteor.

You can use Monberaux for Cover to clear your hate from Target.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-18 16:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meteor? Kin can't use Meteor.

You might want to try using Sehl'teus; he can keep your trusts alive and helps with their MP problems in longer fights.
By Haziko 2021-03-18 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Meteor? Kin can't use Meteor.

I am 90.953% certain that you are incorrect.

The 9.047% is my "It is Geriond saying it, and you generally don't know what you're on about, Haz" benefit of the doubt.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin uses both Meteor and Impact on Darksdays. It's the primary reason to avoid doing him then. Logical covered it in his video, though he didn't realize what triggers his nukes.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55585/omen-kin-ninja-solo-strategy/

Even the BG wiki page lists it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-18 16:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, I must have been lucky enough to not fight Kin on Darksday in years and just forgotten he does that.
 Bahamut.Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-18 16:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh didn't realize he won't meteor if I go in another day. Seems like every time I fight him he's casting meteor... Guess I have bad timing lol.

I don't have Monberaux yet so gotta use AAHM(he's the only tank that can survive from my experience), and I guess I can try Sehl'teus.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 17:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He will change his spell sequence if the day changes while you're fighting it. So you may have entered in lightsday and it changed mid fight, which will make him go from holy spam to meteor.

He'll also cast comet regardless of the day though, and all of his spells become AOE under 50%. You could easily be confusing AOE Comet with meteor.
By Pantafernando 2021-03-18 17:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt Ou who changes the spellset based on game day (or, it sure does but im not sure if other cat do it too).

BG pages dont mention its (Kin) spellset rotating, i dont remember each cats characteristics, but i think at least two of them have Meteor unlocked at low HP regardless of day.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-03-18 17:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Isnt Ou who changes the spellset based on game day (or, it sure does but im not sure if other cat do it too).

BG pages dont mention its (Kin) spellset rotating, i dont remember each cats characteristics, but i think at least two of them have Meteor unlocked at low HP regardless of day.

Only Kyou has Meteor below 25% HP on non-darksday. Gin and Kei have static spells, Gin having thunder/stone etc, Kei having Aero/Fire.
By Guyford 2021-03-18 20:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Only Kyou has Meteor below 25% HP on non-darksday. Gin and Kei have static spells, Gin having thunder/stone etc, Kei having Aero/Fire.

Kin also casts day based spells

Edit: Nevermind I can't read.
By Shichishito 2021-03-18 21:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

found a solo on YT, maybe helps:
YouTube Video Placeholder

it's a bit hard to see on JP client but i believe he enters on waters or iceday, there is night time about in the middle of the video, so chances are it's watersday and turned to winds day as i've cought him spamming some wind spells at low HP.

at 9:02 in the video i seen him cast comet (?, not sure how to tell them appart and can't read the log, suppose one is AOE and the other single target?), you'll have to watch the entire thing to see if you catch him cast meteor. part of his trusts also die, not sure why he chose for example mnejing as tank.
i've watched a couple of solos of that guy befor and he seems to favor apu as WHM altho there are rarely more than him and a trust tank in melee range, i suppose you could exchange him for yoran?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 22:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
not sure why he chose for example mnejing as tank

Puppet trust probably is immune to terror?

If not, he has a native 37.5% DT bonus which is stronger than AAEV.
By Shichishito 2021-03-18 22:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

in turn he has less HP and worse enmity management than other tanks. i believe august has 50% damage reduction for several minutes with his wings out and he isn't stingy with that weaponskill so i don't think the dmg reduction is the main reason he chose mnejing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-18 23:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnejing's lack of enmity management is the best reason to use him in this fight, actually. That's why that blue is subbing drg so he can drop his own hate if it gets too high, but take it off the puppet after target is used. It makes perfect sense

The HP is minor, and August will need wings to get that effect and it's not permanent. Looks like a safer option in my opinion.
 Bahamut.Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-18 23:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried using Mnejing, already Mine only has 1800~ HP and gets one shot the moment he pulls hate if he happens to get cursed. The vid above looks like it's during trust boost campaign where they gain bonus max HP.
By Shichishito 2021-03-19 00:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think BLUs have much issue to pull hate from any trust tank, i'd be more worried about them holding hate or pulling too much hate myself so tank doesn't get it back quickly, at least that's my experience but maybe its different at higher lvl content like omen bosses where you'll not hit or come close to attack cap.

yeah, it looks like he had the event going on. with angler stewpot you can boost your trusts HP for up to 200 and with dragon hatchling memento for up to another 200, maybe that would help.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-19 05:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll suggest one or two trust nin tank (if no campaign) and /drg to wipe aggro
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-19 10:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They get destroyed. The only tank that I can clear kin with without campaign is AAEV. Ninja tanks literally cannot keep hate for anything, and cannot keep shadows up for anything. They are worthless.
By SilentKing 2021-03-19 10:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know semantics. Using trusts isn't soloing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-19 10:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It is if it's understood. And OP made it clear from the start he was including trusts, which are pretty standard for any "solo" now.
By SilentKing 2021-03-19 10:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I just get a chuckle, I just always hope to find someone actually soloing something.
 Bahamut.Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-19 14:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one service account, using what the game offers you. As far as I'm concerned, it's solo.

Solo with no trusts is completely obsolete and there is literally no reason to do it other than flexing. Not to mention with current gear it is almost certainly impossible to full clear omen without any trusts due to time limit(feel free to prove me wrong), considering my BLU is almost BiS across the board and still only have around 10~ mins left when I finish the other bosses.

Besides, whether using trusts or not is considered "solo" is not really the point of the thread.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They get destroyed. The only tank that I can clear kin with without campaign is AAEV. Ninja tanks literally cannot keep hate for anything, and cannot keep shadows up for anything. They are worthless.

AAHM seems to blink tank decently in this fight at least, but I actually prefer to tank Kin myself over my trusts, since I barely take damage from him and AAHM does a good enough job staying high on the hate list since he provokes on CD. I can usually give him hate shortly after a high jump when I need to clear target. Also he keeps Migawari up so it helps him survive a bit more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-19 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Under 25% is what matters for kin. 100-26% is a rather tame fight and the behavior is completely predictable. When you start adding timed nukes+interference spam, he's worthless.
By Shichishito 2021-03-19 15:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

don't see any purpose beyond debate bait when claiming a solo with trusts is no solo. if you can do it without them, weird flex but ok. technically trusts are job unspecific spells, yet i haven't seen anyone objecting a solo cause they use enhancing or enfeebling magic.

Not to mention with current gear it is almost certainly impossible to full clear omen without any trusts due to time limit
considering RDM could already solo a dynamis boss pre odyssey gear without trusts i wouldn't be surprised if they can solo some omen boss now. if we speaking BLU then yeah, they currently can barely tie their own shoes.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-19 16:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
don't see any purpose beyond debate bait when claiming a solo with trusts is no solo. if you can do it without them, weird flex but ok. technically trusts are job unspecific spells, yet i haven't seen anyone objecting a solo cause they use enhancing or enfeebling magic.

Not to mention with current gear it is almost certainly impossible to full clear omen without any trusts due to time limit
considering RDM could already solo a dynamis boss pre odyssey gear without trusts i wouldn't be surprised if they can solo some omen boss now. if we speaking BLU then yeah, they currently can barely tie their own shoes.

It's like saying a BST/PUP/DRG/SMN Soloing something doesn't count unless a pet isn't used.

Trusts are part of a player's arsenal now.
[+]
By SilentKing 2021-03-19 16:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel like I started something way off from the OP, but gotta clean up my own mess. The whole point of soloing is a flex, obviously. No sane person thinks otherwise. Why else wouldn't you go in a group. My problem with "Solo +trusts" is you might as well say:

"Ya so I beat XXXXXXX with 5 multi-boxed bots I just got to 119."

Nothing interesting there. That's it really. I got mad respect for people who can flex like that, cause it is something radically different and calls back to 15 years ago where that was more common (and still a power move).

Ya sure trusts are part of our arsenal, and it's for the best, but claiming it's solo is a bit of a misnomer.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

It's like saying a BST/PUP/DRG/SMN Soloing something doesn't count unless a pet isn't used.

Trusts are part of a player's arsenal now.

I mean in that case, why not do it on DRK or SAM w/o weapon skilling.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-19 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason you wouldn't go in a group is so that you aren't restricted by other peoples' schedules, and so you don't have to share drops. Don't act like people wanting to solo always only do it to show off, especially if they're asking for help to do it instead of posting that they did it.

Solo specifically refers to one player character, so it's not a misnomer. Pets have always been allowed, adventuring fellows were allowed, and now trusts are allowed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-19 17:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. ^
[+]
First Page 2