Forum » FFXI » General » How to make GIL in 2021
How to make GIL in 2021
 Asura.Datsik
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-02-16 20:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy all you money hungry people of Vana'diel!
/Riki/Datsik
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-16 22:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My 56 Silver Voucher mules and I:

[+]
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-02-24 05:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

My 56 Silver Voucher mules and I:

LOL, nah I envy everyone that has the mental fortitude to make silver and DM mules
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-24 07:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This has always confused me. Just between odyssey/ambu you can make 10M+ a week. That doesnt count the endless other farming activities that can be accomplished. Anyone complaining they CANT make money is just butt hurt they cant bot sparks while they sleep.

Fenrir just moved onto botting spheres overnight. it's silly; check and doh/moh/woh zones and you'll find scripted/easyfarm ninjas.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-24 07:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If everyone knew how to effectively make gil, the things we farm would be worth nothing due to the auction house being flooded with them.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-24 07:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, even kukulkan skins in abyssea sell for 2m+ each.

And that's level 75 content.

There's just too much crying about how much effort is needed over bedtime botting.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 07:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's merely time management. Everyone knows whats worth what they just don't all have 10 hours to waste collecting it.

Spend your entire day making gil. Paying money to earn fake money. Literally paying to work.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-24 07:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they understand the concept. The path to making gil is there. I could care less if they do it or not. But dont complain "i cant make any gil anymore wah wah wah"....yes you can, you're just lazy and choose not too.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-02-24 10:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it so hard to figure out? Doesn't everyone have shouts for gil on their server? Just navigate to those websites and follow their instructions. Easy!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-24 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
Why is it so hard to figure out? Doesn't everyone have shouts for gil on their server? Just navigate to those websites and follow their instructions. Easy!

I don't think that's the problem. I think many of them are refusing to acknowledge gil making activities that actually requires them to sit at the keyboard and play the game.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-24 11:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they don't know.

I remember shouting years ago for new players, a really easy way to make a lot of gil by selling NPC items on the auction house. 20k items for 90-100k.

In a day the auction house was full of them and ofc the demand didn't change so a lot of them had trouble now selling the items, I ruined a good money maker for months.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-02-24 11:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's merely time management. Everyone knows whats worth what they just don't all have 10 hours to waste collecting it.

Spend your entire day making gil. Paying money to earn fake money. Literally paying to work.
People enjoy the process of work. In MMOs, that work is often validated in real-time, which is not often the case IRL. There's a reason we're all drawn to it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 12:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I mean you're your own boss and you see progress. What's not to like?

Doesn't change the state of the condition.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-24 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if I wanted to grind then I would farm something and craft a bunch of food (like 200 stacks of sushi) for the entire day and sell them slowly over the weeks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite possibly, no exaggeration, the single worst possible thing you could do for gil.

It would be more worth while to sell the crystals than the food the crystals are wasted on.

A little meta, but, Food is the biggest single boost you can get, it SHOULD sell like CRAZY. Bots don't use food. The playerbase doesn't expend food fast enough. Make what bots want, there is no waiting for it to sell. And it will always sell.

it works "ok" if you're going to bot the food, and leave that account in the city 24/7 bazaaring and reupping the AH, but it's still effort wasted, the market is already saturated.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-24 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hording and collecting stuff is an lizard brain desire, whether it's cash in the real world (well beyond the point you are comfortable), buying stuff we don't need like that 10th pair of headphones, collecting hundreds of star wars figures to put on a wall, collecting and making stuff on a open world survival game or collecting currency on an mmo. We are basically evolved magpies.

It's fulfilling a base animalistic urge we have (some more than others), there is no real sense to it. It just feels good and is satisfying so we do it.
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-02-24 13:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu has been rough last few months when your crew is a little more green and less decked out.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-24 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quite possibly, no exaggeration, the single worst possible thing you could do for gil.

It would be more worth while to sell the crystals than the food the crystals are wasted on.

A little meta, but, Food is the biggest single boost you can get, it SHOULD sell like CRAZY. Bots don't use food. The playerbase doesn't expend food fast enough. Make what bots want, there is no waiting for it to sell. And it will always sell.

it works "ok" if you're going to bot the food, and leave that account in the city 24/7 bazaaring and reupping the AH, but it's still effort wasted, the market is already saturated.

It's something to fill my mules and AH slot. I could bot the fish but they don't sell. So just turn them all into food and stock up all the empty inventories and sell them over time.