Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-15 09:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Asura.Essylt said: »
Except you're pointing wrong, dude. Like I said, Mpaca set is miles ahead of Ikenga in terms of general usefulness and yet you still complain about it being underpowered.

But the Ikenga gear is actually good. That aside, it seems nobody on here can look at things objectively or even understand the point of the thread without trying to straw man the entire thing and/or lie about me and what I've said.

I see no reason to belabor the point since my OP has been verified repeatedly across the entire thread: the odyssey gear is not balanced properly.
Odyssey gear doesn't need to be "balanced properly" in terms of to each other.

People are looking at things objectively; we just realize that, while your point about the sets not being equally powerful is true, it's also completely meaningless because event set parity doesn't matter.
By Taint 2021-02-15 10:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just as shocked SAM didn't get the best gear, as that is typically the case for SEs love child. But of all the jobs WAR,DRK,PLD needed an obtainable MEVA set. SAMs been riding Kenda for years now.

I do agree SAM on the RNG,COR set would have been a cool niche set to have. Mpaca Head for TP Bonus and Legs for SB2.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-15 11:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I'm just as shocked SAM didn't get the best gear, as that is typically the case for SEs love child. But of all the jobs WAR,DRK,PLD needed an obtainable MEVA set. SAMs been riding Kenda for years now.

I do agree SAM on the RNG,COR set would have been a cool niche set to have. Mpaca doesn't really do anything for SAM.

I mean Mpaca head is by far the best fudo and shoha piece. Even if you somehow tp overflow to 2400.

Edit: and Rank 30 legs are bis for at least shoha and maybe also for fudo at attack cap.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-02-15 14:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i've seen a couple of comments complaining about hate management, it was probably designed with backline jobs idle set in mind but maybe this helps.

on side note, did anyone notice how they shove all those melee stats on mage sets? speaking of imbalanced and missplaced jobs, pls make sure to hand your WHMelee the crap they deserve when a run goes to ***because they couldn't resist flailing their stick around.

lucky geos got on agwu's instead of bunzi's. they've been raving about melee for a while now and it kinda makes sence considering they stand in melee range most of the time already if you ignore that it simply doesn't play well with their other tasks and mechanics. lets hand them melee stats with lolnukes, who needs -dt anyway.

but on the other hand lets put COR and RNG on malignance because why not.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-15 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because they have access to melee gear doesn't mean they're going to forget how to do their job...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-15 15:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately it too often does.

The meta is already barely paying attention as it is, you really don't want to split the already minimum amount.

I mean it's neither here nor there, just simple truth, whm already watching youtube or netflix while healing, then they want to melee too, with gearswaps they don't understand. half assed, becomes quarter assed.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-15 15:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait so is SAM useless now?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 16:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
lucky geos got on agwu's instead of bunzi's. they've been raving about melee for a while now and it kinda makes sence considering they stand in melee range most of the time already if you ignore that it simply doesn't play well with their other tasks and mechanics. lets hand them melee stats with lolnukes, who needs -dt anyway.

Umm.. no? Bunzi's gets STP+8 (aug) on head, base da+8% on hands, attack on every piece (200 total) and full set has 40% DT and a ton of magic evasion. That would have done wonders for the (niche) melee GEO. Agwi's has none of that and is basically a lateral move from Bagua +3. It got nothing from this set it could melee in. Also, the Agwu's have same haste as Bunzi, so it doesn't even improve in that area. Bunzi's would have been better.
By Shichishito 2021-02-15 16:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 16:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't tell it was meant to be funny.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-15 16:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering some of the ridiculous ***-takes that have popped up on the AH forums lately I wouldn't expect sarcastic humor to be taken at anything other than face value.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-15 17:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Wait so is SAM useless now?

Far from useless but other heavy DD jobs now have a superior hybrid set. SAMs SP2 will still be abused and their 5hit SCs are still extremely potent and consistent.
By Shichishito 2021-02-15 17:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

looking at bunzi you'd think for a moment "melee SMN, that could be fun" then you remember that your MP management will take a nose dive without proper perp + refresh set and your already low HP drops into easy 1 shot territory every time you swap in multiple pieces of apogee for bloodpacts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-15 18:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

looking at bunzi you'd think for a moment "melee SMN, that could be fun" then you remember that your MP management will take a nose dive without proper perp + refresh set and your already low HP drops into easy 1 shot territory every time you swap in multiple pieces of apogee for bloodpacts.

It triggers me that SMN is on the melee mage set, but GEO isn't.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-15 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, what you gonna use for melee? Niravana or Claustrum? For Nirvana you pair it with relic+3 head or body and with auto refresh II you have avatar cost cut to 0 or you even has +1 refresh. With Claustrum you can pop +15 refresh aftermath. Not to mention Myrkr can refresh almost whole MP with proper set. You also dont really need to use any Apogee for BP. There are many pieces that are better, break even or at worst slightly behind.
By Shichishito 2021-02-15 18:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

imho there is no alternative to nirvana if you want to melee. your main damage will still come from avatar BP so you'd have to switch everytime and lose some tp from your already rather slow TP gain. nirvana aftermath can make tp phase surprisingly faster on SMN, question is wether or not it's fast enough to squeez in a myrkr and still get back to 1000 to open for avatar within ~20 seconds.

however if melee works fine i'm starting to worry about a nerf similar to BST one.
By SimonSes 2021-02-15 18:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

nirvana aftermath can make tp phase surprisingly faster on SMN, question is wether or not it's fast enough to squeez in a myrkr and still get back to 1000 to open for avatar within ~20 seconds.

You have enough MP to make like 8-10 BPS? You only need to make Myrkr like once per several minutes.

however if melee works fine i'm starting to worry about a nerf similar to BST one.

Nah, it can work fine in the sense that you can open SCs, but BST is far more powerful as master DD.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-02-16 11:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudblade:

At least you're not RUN who got stuck on the casting gear. They even gave us an Enmity- augment. Haha
[+]