New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » EU Social LS/Community
EU Social LS/Community
By keokothelesser 2021-02-14 07:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey All,

With the discount campaign coming up, I am looking at an opportunity to change server to find an active friendly social LS, based in the EU time zone.

I am currently on Asura and I am not a huge fan, but still, if you have an active EU Social LS on asura or another server and are looking for more members, please let me know.
[+]
 Asura.Houndsoflove
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ephexis
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2021-02-14 15:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for letting us gear you up fully before you jump. It's always great when the LS can put in the effort to help someone improve only for them to look to disappear as soon as they got what they wanted.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-14 16:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh My.
By keokothelesser 2021-02-14 17:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1st, What gearing up are you even talking about? 2nd I'm not either looking to do or for an events linkshell. That ***is terrible for my mental health.
 Asura.Houndsoflove
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2021-02-14 18:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the fact that we had the LS prepare you lua's from scratch for your COR, take you through things when you weren't geared up, getting you all your W3 clears, not to mention majority of us having to redo the zones when you disappeared for the original, sticking with you when you weren't really at the level we expected and showing you how you could improve. From there, various members of the LS went out of their way to help you get that equipment too.

Through around 85% of your time with the LS you were carried through events. If there was something happening, you never showed up unless it could directly benefit you.

The reality is that we do maintain a group of people who use the LS for social purposes in those times, who maybe dip in and out of events, but show up to help if we really need the extra bodies. It would appear you don't want to help pass on to others all of the assistance you were given, which is what the rest of us sit around doing. Most of us hate doing these events, but we recognise that the group is more important than the individual. You fail to do that, so I wish you well, but would strongly suggest you make a jump to another server, as you've less chance of crossing the path of someone you've pissed off with your selfish behaviour.
[+]
By keokothelesser 2021-02-14 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think you might be thinking of someone else.
By keokothelesser 2021-02-14 19:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, confused. I've only got 1 W3 clear, which yes I got with you guys and people like Wot/Aug/Zha have been really helpful with lua advice which I'm grateful for. However outside of the W3 clear and a bunch of RP I've not taken much from the LS.

You're incorrect to assume I didn't attend much because of selfishness, I didn't attend because I just don't like doing events. I kept trying again, but really not for me. You can pretend to get angry and indignant at me if it makes you happy.

Additionally, if you're spending your free time doing something you hate, you should stop, it's a hobby. Find something you enjoy.
By DaneBlood 2021-02-14 20:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

keokothelesser said: »
if you're spending your free time doing something you hate, you should stop, i

You really have this hard a time understanding that, sometimes you do things you dislike to help others, that you completely left out that part in your response?
[+]
 Asura.Houndsoflove
By Asura.Houndsoflove 2021-02-14 23:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing pretend about my anger. It's 100% genuine as we were incredibly patient with you, both early on and in the more recent periods.

A few months ago, you actually asked one of the other sacks if you could just stick to being a social member, occasionally attending, to which you were told that would be fine, but if you did try to come to an event and we had a full alliance already, you'd need to be dropped as priority was going to those who regularly took part. I notice though you omitted that as well, which then counteracts your point about then looking for another shell on the server, having decided to remove yourself from the Discord previously.

You also seem to fail to understand that helping people can be a hobby. Do I enjoy events like omen/dynamis? Not really; there's limited things in it for me now. But if I can help others who need things from there, that can improve them and allow them to take part in the things I want to do, then I'll do it all day long. That's what part of being a group is; picking up those on the bottom rung and then trying to elevate them to where you've climbed, allowing them to enjoy more of what the game does have to offer. Sadly though, you've confirmed you're only ever in things if you can gain something from it. I've seen enough of your ilk over the years from running things on here and on Cerberus (comment way of joy there if you click through my old name, basically a list of those acting similar to the OP). You're not the first to do this, but you're definitely the most brazen person I've encountered.
[+]
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2021-02-15 03:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Houndsoflove said: »
You fail to do that, so I wish you well, but would strongly suggest you make a jump to another server, as you've less chance of crossing the path of someone you've pissed off with your selfish behaviour.
That is very reasonable.

But I do think it is only fair to point out that this door swings both ways. I'm sure future applicants to CharmPK will find this thread interesting.

Having said that, if this thread puts off people that don't share your views, I guess that is better for you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Dazusu 2021-02-16 04:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Some 2007 BG vibes going on here.
 Asura.Radamantis
By Asura.Radamantis 2021-02-16 08:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2021-02-16 11:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't envy anyone still trying to seriously run an event LS in 2021, can't be easy lol. Same story with different names, it never changes. Except now with the current climate of the game people are def more about themselves than ever. Never worth it leading an LS or bothering to try and help people to "bring them to your level" as you say. Just play for yourself and don't worry about them, they will just quit anyways. Make sure if you are helping those people or caring that much, that you get something out of it. If you truly enjoy it then go for it but this isn't the old days anymore.
By Mattelot 2021-02-16 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not very optimistic.
By Chaplin 2021-02-16 14:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s what’s know as a “shitpost.”