Forum » FFXI » General » AMAN Trove Pattern Observation
AMAN Trove Pattern Observation
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-12 16:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. Even assuming there is a certain pattern to the chests. And the pattern is some how possible to be recreated at a consistent rate. Your method to detect the pattern is problematic.

I assume your "pattern" is something like:

A. Follow a certain chest opening pattern.
B. If you get 1st chest Noise > Mimic on 1st orb.
C. Then you get 1st chest Thud > Loud Thud on 2nd orb.

The 1st problem you get is how to get to B. It's obvious that doing A is not going to help you get B. Without B then you aren't getting C.

So this makes the whole pattern thing pretty irrelevant because you will have problem getting B in the 1st place so it's better to simply just keeping hoping for a loud thud on the 1st 5 chests.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 16:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyday here is a repeat of another day. It's all been done. it's all been said.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-12 16:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Let the multiple "We need a level 75 cap server" threads rise from the grave.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-12 16:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But the real question is... Is it worth it?
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-12 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind. Found it. Thanks.
By Ryanginger 2021-02-12 17:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does anybody really notice the difference between the two orbs? People would assume the ratio of silver vouchers:orbs indicates that venus is superior, but does anyone have anything more conclusive than "Venus is better"?
Our LS did ~100 venus orbs last month or the month before. We saw a significant increase in loud thud proc rate. It could be cashing in on the bad luck protection, but it does seem to have a much better chance at face value. Most of the orbs led to us opening the final chest, as opposed to getting mimic'd.
Did roughly 500 orbs a few months ago with a friend. For Loud Thuds, we saw 7/85 (8.2%) from Mars and 81/405 (20%) on Venus.
We usually go with the "Give me Loud Thud, or Give me Death" paradigm, but in the nearly 1000 Mars + 1000 Venus orbs we have attempted, the loot tables were otherwise identical; it was just very rare to see big ticket items(Omen bodies, Regal hands, pulse items, and BC-only items) from Thud or Noise.
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
You can get multiple loud thuds. Ive seen three in a row on a mars orb at the beginning of aman trove.
We usually open on first Loud Thud, but for Thuds, the max I have ever seen is 5.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-12 18:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How many failures did you from all those runs?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 18:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If they had 88 loud thuds out of 500 490... that tells you how many failures (not loud thuds) by default. (ish)
By Ryanginger 2021-02-12 18:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
How many failures did you from all those runs?
Did not record for the combined 2k orbs. Roughly 70-80%.
By Draylo 2021-02-12 21:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I got three pulse wpns in a row the other day, I think thats the luckiest I've ever been because my lose rate was too high. It must be the moon phase.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2021-02-12 22:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a current event with five planet stellium so your RNG might be messed up.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a35383839/aquarius-stellium-2021-astrology-meaning/
By Shichishito 2021-02-12 23:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

not going to read thru 55 pages to see if it has been sugested befor, multibox botters probably had the idea befor but....

since SE is lazy and tends to go the path of least resistance, time is a common variable used in creating randomness and this game only has like a 2 tic rate:
make 2 or more fresh mules to make it likely they don't have differing luck prevention parameters then run them perfectly synchronous thru a run and see if they get the exact same pattern of noise/thud/loud thud/mimics.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-13 02:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-02-13 03:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
not going to read thru 55 pages to see if it has been sugested befor, multibox botters probably had the idea befor but....

since SE is lazy and tends to go the path of least resistance, time is a common variable used in creating randomness and this game only has like a 2 tic rate:
make 2 or more fresh mules to make it likely they don't have differing luck prevention parameters then run them perfectly synchronous thru a run and see if they get the exact same pattern of noise/thud/loud thud/mimics.

I dont think 2 people can enter an instanced area at same time.

Ive seen a lot of content that always forced a few seconds wait before entering if the another one just entered.

And no, just time being the only variable would be more like lazy programming. RNG equations generally need a seed. Most likely any entrance just generate a new seed, what can be just the previous seed +1, the character ID, some bizzarre equation envolving multiples factors.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-13 04:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is I wish they had never done those stupid Adoulin Ergon Locus coalition tasks where facing the thing from a certain direction at a certain distance made a difference!

Although I DO NOT believe it to be true... that introduces just enough of a tiny little doubt that there a seed of an idea in my subconscious that just MAYBE some nonsense like that has an impact on things like AMAN chests XD
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-02-13 07:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I do these I /random and pick the chests of the numbers I roll. Example: I random a 407 so I pick chests 4, 10, And 7. Do that until I either get a loud thud or die a cruel death lol

Use RNG against RNG.
[+]