Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey Gaol Gear Augments Jan 2021
Odyssey Gaol Gear Augments Jan 2021
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 05:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So, 10 new items, 10 new augments, let's see if we can do the pairings.

Acrontica (THF/DNC dagger)
Tsuru (NIN katana)
Coiste Bodhar (ammo)
Epitaph (SMN sachet)
Hesperiidae (pet jobs ammo)
Neo Animator (PUP animator)
Obstinate Sash (enf magic duration+ belt)
Tellen Belt (RNG/COR belt)
Beithir Ring (WSD ring)
Schere Earring (STR/DA earring)

What do you guys think?
These augments might increase in the future maybe, to rank 30 or whatever, adding a third new slot?
Overall they're pretty nice even as they are.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 05:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The ring gonna be very decent.

The earring too, but the penalty seems quite heavy if your job uses even a tiny bit of MP.

Quote:
Overall they're pretty nice even as they are.

WHile more is more, just the augments seems quite weak if you consider its behind a whole RP system, which tend to be very time consuming, and in case of Odyssey, with heavy time gate.

Im not sure how many pieces you can augment at same time in Odyssey, suposing you need to wear it during the fight plus maybe the RP is shared between pieces, this gonna take a long time to complete for anyone more hardcore.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 08:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure how many pieces you can augment at same time in Odyssey, suposing you need to wear it during the fight plus maybe the RP is shared between pieces, this gonna take a long time to complete for anyone more hardcore.

Dont people really read updates anymore lol?

Im pasting this like 3rd time now XD

Quote:
Augmenting Equipment

1. Purchase a piece of equipment

2. Augmenting equipment earned from defeating monster A is done by defeating monster A.

3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’scurrent augment level.

4. RP can be earned from defeating a boss or decreasing its HP.

5. Use RP by interacting with the ??? in Rabao (G-6) and trading your desired piece of equipment.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-12 08:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The Earring is pretty busted for Scythe DRK.

Most people don’t but...

I have a Redemption, so mitigating Empyrean Enmity is going to be amazing.

Its definitely an advantage Redemption now has over Caladbolg depending on how the earring applies the enmity reduction.

And if people aren’t sure what I mean. Entropy restores MP to full on Scythe for free.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-12 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Sechs has the augments right. I was about to post the same thing, but noticed I was too late.

The gear is all interesting, but the augments are all mediocre.

Coiste Bodhar looks like the biggest winner here.
or it might be a competition between Coiste Bodhar and Schere Earring. both are fantastic tp pieces for many jobs. The earring will also be great for multi-hit weapon skills along with Sherida earring. well thats only for mnk. its kinda a Sherida earring for a few jobs which couldn't equip it.

Doesn't Coiste Bodhar trump Aurgelmir orb +1 and potentially easier to get?

Its interesting which pieces these all replace/compete with.

Hesperiidae is really for bst. none of the other pet jobs will bother. and it replaces Voluspa Tathlum for physical ready moves because its the first ammo piece with pet attack on it.

Epitaph replaces Sancus Sachet +1... barely.

Neo Animator probably replaces Animator P +1 kinda maybe

I don't know what jobs would like Beithir Ring, though hopefully its more accessible than Epaminondas's ring.

The weapons are both tanking pieces for dnc and nin. I don't see thf actually using the dagger or trying to tank. Correct me if I'm wrong on thf. But is it really enough? then again, this content looks like an opportunity to tank on ninja or dancer.

Tellen belt I don't have much opinion on... Its parallel to Yemaya belt, but focuses a bit more on damage than speed/accuracy.

I'll repost the gear with all stats for a convenient comparison:
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 08:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
The weapons are both tanking pieces for dnc and nin. I don't see thf actually using the dagger or trying to tank. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh I can easily correct you here. THF can easily evasion tank tons of stuff and this dagger is not only -DT%, but also has good evasion and meva on it. Ofc you wont hold hate against zerging DDs (unless its one other DD, then you can steal his enmity too). With capped or high evasion, massive MEVA and 50%DT you can survive a lot.

Depends for what job. For Mythic AM3 jobs its for sure not better, tho difference is small, but the difference of Aur. orb over other ammo was always small in the first place.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-01-12 08:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kronkeykong said: »
The Earring is pretty busted for Scythe DRK.

Most people don’t but...

I have a Redemption, so mitigating Empyrean Enmity is going to be amazing.

Its definitely an advantage Redemption now has over Caladbolg depending on how the earring applies the enmity reduction.

And if people aren’t sure what I mean. Entropy restores MP to full on Scythe for free.
If the earring is just on 1st hit then its gonna be a hard meh sadly. Could be nice to use on my cala drk now that every melee job but drk is subbing drg to jump hate and get wsd from it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 08:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Oh I can easily correct you here. THF can easily evasion tank tons of stuff and this dagger is not only -DT%, but also has good evasion and meva on it. Ofc you wont hold hate against zerging DDs (unless its one other DD, then you can steal his enmity too). With capped or high evasion, massive MEVA and 50%DT you can survive a lot.

Thank you. Also, enmity on the weapon is not unusual for THF, it's relic+3 body has +30. It translates nicely with TA+WS and it fits the theme of the job anyways, so it doesn't necessarily need to be viewed exclusively as a "tanking" weapon, but just more defensive one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-12 09:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A special animator that also affects the user. It is slightly more difficult to use than traditional animators

This description for Neo Animator concerns me...

Is this just meaningless lore (I hope so) or does it mean there is some hidden downside to using it? Does it increase burden? or add some problem with doing normal maneuvers? That would make this equipment non-grata really quickly.

A slight increase in burden probably would not be a problem for many, especially any pup with kenkonken.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 09:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For some Jobs/WS for sure.
But it's equippable only by a bunch of jobs alas.

Quote:
Neo Animator probably replaces Animator P +1 kinda maybe
We're discussing it in the PUP thread.
If it's "base weapon damage +10" then it's only better for Master+Pet builds, otherwise Animator P+1 is still king.
If it's "Damage +10%" then it's a different story and this new one will be pretty nice.

The description is, likely, just colourful text with no consequence on the stats.
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 09:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone started compiling a list of which NMs unlock which Items?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief is capable of tanking a ton of stuff with malignance on. I've tanked omen bosses on multiple occasions after our main tank went down and had no problem surviving. With Shell V, 5/5 malignance, a pair of moonlight rings, and -10% pdt on the cape you cap out at -50% dt and get some pretty ridiculous evasion and magic evasion, plus a chunk of extra HP. Thief tanking is perfectly viable; the applications are just limited to specific situations. Acrontica has its uses, it just isn't an optimal DPS piece so you wouldn't toss it into your glass cannon build when you're farming dynamis or killing omen fodder or ambuscade mobs is all.

I will say I was expecting a little more from this update though. We only got 10 total pieces, and most of them don't push existing barriers too hard, so overall it's a bit underwhelming.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-12 09:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

agree 100%, it feels like they were in such a hurry to get something out after so many delays they just pushed whatever they had.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-01-12 09:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people missing the fact that the base NM's are supposed to be easy?

Look back at the first page and you'll see the third and final augments on some of these items are pretty impactful AND as you approach that final augment, the NM's get more difficult.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-12 09:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Are people missing the fact that the base NM's are supposed to be easy?

Look back at the first page and you'll see the third and final augments on some of these items are pretty impactful AND as you approach that final augment, the NM's get more difficult.

third augment? I haven't seen any third augment
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-01-12 09:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
agree 100%, it feels like they were in such a hurry to get something out after so many delays they just pushed whatever they had.

While that's possible, the potential is also there for SE to use this as a place to drop in a reward or three at a time. It's likely no harder to implement that the lockstyle items and V2 Ambus we tend to get. It wouldn't surprise me if they designed it around that, and have future additions already figured out.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-12 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If the earring is just on 1st hit then its gonna be a hard meh sadly. Could be nice to use on my cala drk now that every melee job but drk is subbing drg to jump hate and get wsd from it.

Considering the earring has 6 double I would hope it applies on each hit but we'll see. Lol
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-01-12 10:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

List posted from first page.

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Double Attack"+7%
[3]Accuracy+5 Mag. Acc.+5

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Subtle Blow"+10

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Double Attack" damage +10%

[1]Attack+20
[2]Skillchain dmg. +10%

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Triple Attack" damage +7%
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-01-12 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kronkeykong said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Considering the earring has 6 double I would hope it applies on each hit but we'll see. Lol
Yea one would think but this SE we talking about hoping this is the case it may get me into doing this stuff.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-12 10:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

List posted from first page.

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Double Attack"+7%

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Subtle Blow"+10

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Double Attack" damage +10%

[1]Attack+20
[2]Skillchain dmg. +10%

[1]Attack+20
[2]"Triple Attack" damage +7%

Wait, 1st page only shows 2. The bolded abilities aren't there!!! Did I miss something?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 11:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All those were data mines (?) by op, but later he mentioned just the 10 currently shown in op are viable.

Possibly the other ones gonna be introduced next updates. I dont think sheol gaol is complete atm
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-12 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I just totally unrelated to anything mention that Odyssey Jail is kind of hilarious?

Considering the lack of *** they give about jailing people?
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone walk me through the augmentation process? I have the Double Attack Ammo piece purchased. I went in and fought the same NM again. Tried trading to the ???, talked to him about augmentation, etc. And I cant get it to activate
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-12 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you equip the item when you fought the NM again?
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i did. after i went in though, do you need to have it on when you enter?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-12 11:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think so. I looked at the instructions according to the update:

Quote:
Augmenting Equipment
2. Augmenting equipment earned from defeating monster A is done by defeating monster A.
3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’scurrent augment level.
5. Use RP by interacting with the ??? in Rabao (G-6) and trading your desired piece of equipment.
* Excess RP can be converted into segments.

If you did all of these steps, then it's not working as intended. AKA patch incoming!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 11:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be a patch coming to address that god awful lag anyways (unless its just me).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 11:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Should be a patch coming to address that god awful lag anyways (unless its just me).
The same patch that should address the god awful lag in Dynamis Divergence?

Suuuuure, coming in a few days! Watch it as it arrives! xD
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 11:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Augmenting Equipment
* Excess RP can be converted into segments.

Yes I did the following:
0. Killed the Dullahan
1. Purchased the Ammo Piece for killing the Dullahan.
2. Equipped Ammo Piece and re-entered, killing the Dullahan again.
3. I dont see an option to change difficulty level? He seemed about the same.
4. Talked to ??? in Rabao and see the Ammo Piece listed, but I have 0 RP
5. Talked to ??? in Rabao, looked at Ammo Piece Augment listing, traded the Ammo Piece, nothing happens.

Has anyone been sucessful?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.