users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Omen: Kyou Ninja Solo Strategy
Omen: Kyou Ninja Solo Strategy
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-22 19:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This one seemed easy at first but the last 25% is really where the true challenge lies as back to back nasty spells/abilities can spell disaster for the trust. If the trust event isn't going on you need to make sure you use Marine Stewpot and Adamantoise Cheer for this strategy to work reliably. Used a pretty bad run as an example to show how to handle all the bad situations. Usual win should take about 20-22 minutes if no issues are encountered. Hope this helps some who are hesitating on trying it. Happy Holidays!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-22 21:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice.

Haven't tried this myself, but I'd imagine that DNC sub would be nice so you can keep trust HP up yourself w/ Divine Waltz. Nothing is worse than being at the mercy of trust AI.

And wouldn't Fudo OH be a good choice here, since you're not getting any att buffs?
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2020-12-22 23:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting these vids!
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-23 04:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this still work with out the trusts being boosted from the campaign that's going on right now?
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 04:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Would this still work with out the trusts being boosted from the campaign that's going on right now?

It wouldnt. You would need to manage all 5 trusts to get hit outside of campaign to split the damage more.

Ulmia, Monberaux, Arciela and Joachim would normally die from 2000 damage.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-23 04:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad I only saw the video at 1st then I noticed the OP actually mentions the campaign.
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 05:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think you can use Yoran at all for this outside of campaign. Even with cheer and Marine, Yoran probably wont reach 1666HP and Ulmia and Joachim will be around 1770, so there is no way to get away with split the damage to only 5 targets.

EDIT: this one
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-23 05:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of the trusts campaign maybe you could go with a subjob with a pet to have 1 more target to split the damage with?
Like Carbuncle from SMN, I dunno.
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 06:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Out of the trusts campaign maybe you could go with a subjob with a pet to have 1 more target to split the damage with?
Like Carbuncle from SMN, I dunno.

More like there is some item that call some pet if I recall correctly but I forgot what it is.

EDIT: This one

Even then I think that wouldnt be enough. You need 1429HP with 7 targets and with cheer and Marine Yoran has around 1410~1419.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-23 06:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet would prolly get killed by its regular AoE attacks anyways from that ring plus the spirit would auto attack and you wouldn't be able to control where it was unless you sub smn and if you did you could just summon it yourself.
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 06:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet would prolly get killed by its regular AoE attacks anyways from that ring plus the spirit would auto attack and you wouldn't be able to control where it was unless you sub smn and if you did you could just summon it yourself.

I dont think you actually can control it even with /smn. Avatars has logic that force them to auto attack whatever is hitting the master, so he would just keep trying to engage Kyou I think. Also I was thinking about summoning it right at lets say 76% with 2000TP ready and wait until regular tp move, then summon and WS. It would be super tricky tho at lower %, when he starts AoE magic.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-23 06:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

It wouldnt. You would need to manage all 5 trusts to get hit outside of campaign to split the damage more.

Ulmia, Monberaux, Arciela and Joachim would normally die from 2000 damage.

I'm going to have to wait and see how this works as your right his HP is only going to be about 1410 but he always has that stoneskin up that eats about 400 damage. So we will have to wait and see if that's possible... but yes it's going to ride the line.

However, we in no way need the trust event to pull off this strategy. All other trust are far above 1666. ideal WHM for this strategy is Ygnas. With him in for Yoran this strategy should work perfectly fine (that's what Lute did) Sadly he's the only trust I dont have... should have him in a few months. So strategy with this trust setup may be quite risky without the event indeed, however with Ygnas it shouldn't be an issue for this strategy.
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, Stoneskin could save the day.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-23 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Nice.

Haven't tried this myself, but I'd imagine that DNC sub would be nice so you can keep trust HP up yourself w/ Divine Waltz. Nothing is worse than being at the mercy of trust AI.

And wouldn't Fudo OH be a good choice here, since you're not getting any att buffs?

Berserk really helps this fight along so it will go a bit slower but yes /dnc sub may allow you to top them off before each Bravado. No I don't recommend fudo as the ternion +1 is increasing your WS damage by quite a bit with it's WSD+ and helping your TP gain. It's also allowing you to cap subtle blow.