GW Plugin update FFXIAH Shouts *Fixed?*
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-16 08:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pushed an update to the Windower GW Plugin. Relaunch to get it. Just loading it up on myself has almost fixed all the shout data on the front page of FFXIAH for Asura. I see a mistake here and there.

P.S. Rooks thinks the Ashita version also collects this data so we may need to go poke them too.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-16 08:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be working properly now, outside of missing a few first letters off /yells here and there.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2020-11-16 21:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting some odd extra characters on tells today. Guildwork's not loaded, but is this possibly something related to the change?

The actual tell should have stopped after "points"

This one should have stopped after "going on"
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-17 01:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »
I'm getting some odd extra characters on tells today. Guildwork's not loaded, but is this possibly something related to the change?

The actual tell should have stopped after "points"

This one should have stopped after "going on"

I’ve experienced the same issue and found that when I unloaded the translate add on, the extra symbols did not appear. Appreciate if someone can look into it, many thanks!
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2020-11-17 01:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »

I’ve experienced the same issue and found that when I unloaded the translate add on, the extra symbols did not appear. Appreciate if someone can look into it, many thanks!

I did see that issue with translate last month, but I don't have it loaded normally.

Here's the list of things I did have running. I'd think battlemod is the most likely culprit, but couldn't recreate it when sending myself tells from a mule.
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-17 04:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a screenshot and an excerpt from the chat log with the odd characters.

The translate addon was turned off in the chat log when I asked to the sender to repeat that message, and in his repeated message there was no odd characters.

Quote:
Liquidday>> same group that just did PW@
>>Liquidday : I was going to farm astrals, are they ok with loot master on me?
>>Liquidday : send that last message again
Liquidday>> same group that just did PW

Odd characters seem to be some form of Japanese or Chinese letters.

Ragnarok.Kenshi
Server: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-11-17 07:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This is most probably a SE issue, cause there was reports on the windower discord with this issue when using vanilla client.
[+]
 Asura.Longsnake
user: Longsnake
By Asura.Longsnake 2020-11-17 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is a related issue, but would this also fix the multi-yell chat spamming?

Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-17 13:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I looking atm? Is this premium's cross zone shout thing?
Also the yell spam probably isn't fully going away till SE fixes the added text difference at the end on their side but maybe.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-17 16:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish it'd filter the known bots from the ah shout page, then again I wish SE would do something about them, but hey. Morons keep buying their ***, so.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-17 16:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Crowd source it. Pay someone 12.95 to leave a character online 24/7. Use that live feed for shouts instead of the thing they run now. Turn on fo so it'll block all the spam.

Whatever method parses the shouts sucks. Not only is it broken (now) but it's always missed shouts here and there. and it's too slow to react to. Shout for something you want and by the time it finally pops up a minute later, it's gone.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-17 17:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Crowd source it. Pay someone 12.95 to leave a character online 24/7. Use that live feed for shouts instead of the thing they run now. Turn on fo so it'll block all the spam.

Whatever method parses the shouts sucks. Not only is it broken (now) but it's always missed shouts here and there. and it's too slow to react to. Shout for something you want and by the time it finally pops up a minute later, it's gone.

I can say if you use the shout box over at GW site it's like instant on shout updates. https://guildwork.com/games/ffxi/shouts

I needed to do some testing yesterday and being on Asura the yells are just to much and GW plugin collects raw no filter. The one over there supports "shouts" so I was able to go in a zone and just shout and see how my message looked instantly.

Also all it does is crowd source shouts as soon as it sees a shout it sends it to GW. On their end they probably filter out dupe shouts within a certain time frame. Hence the issue we now have after I fixed the first character issue is that SE borked and some people see shouts with different letter/# combos after and it must assume that is a different shout.

Jetackuu said: »
Wish it'd filter the known bots from the ah shout page, then again I wish SE would do something about them, but hey. Morons keep buying their ***, so.
That's something you need to talk to Rooks about filtering server side.

I as a user asked Rooks months ago to add RMT filtering to the GW server. He said he'd look into it.

Or even have a RMT filter tab vs raw we could pick from.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-17 17:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The updates between gw and ah only happen every minute (maybe), so like when it refreshes you see all the shouts from the last minute. missed many cheap sales and party slots watching ah shout page with the refresh rate

Minor annoyance but has infact always been a rub, not enough to watch on guildwork but yeah. The more annoying part was always that it does miss some shouts completely.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-17 17:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The updates between gw and ah only happen every minute (maybe), so like when it refreshes you see all the shouts from the last minute. missed many cheap sales and party slots watching ah shout page with the refresh rate

Minor annoyance but has infact always been a rub, not enough to watch on guildwork but yeah. The more annoying part was always that it does miss some shouts completely.
Like 99% sure it's not missing them, especially if your on Asura but maybe it's dropping them on the server for some reason. I can only speculate on that since I know nothing of it other then how it is sent off to them.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-17 18:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
That's something you need to talk to Rooks about filtering server side.

I as a user asked Rooks months ago to add RMT filtering to the GW server. He said he'd look into it.

Yeah, I get it. It probably wouldn't be as bad if the history were longer, but hey.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-17 18:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know the how or the why, but it happens. For sure. Just compare your screen in town to the shout page when somethings going on, like a dhalmal shoutfest.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-11-17 18:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Crowd source it.
That's what GW is.

Whatever method parses the shouts sucks.
There's a plugin on the Windower and Ashita sides that pass up shout information to the GW server. It's why Chiaia is fixing this and not me; I don't have Windower plugin access.

Turn on fo
Not idea what that is, but if it works I can probably duplicate the functionality server side. I'm hesitant to touch a lot of the server side GW stuff; it's surprisingly brittle in a number of places.

Maybe. If I had raw as an option, it'd probably be website only, rather than having to sort out what pushes go where. GW has a LOT of moving parts and I'm really trying to touch as little as possible and keep it upright. It has so much functionality that would be annoying to re-implement, so a server side rewrite is not a great option, but the existing codebase falls over in weird ways too. All of the choices are bad ones, so I've been favoring stability.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-17 18:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant crowdfund group pay etc, same diff, should've been more accurate. Just pay someones sub to run a live feed, skip GW alltogether.

Fo is the addon chiaia made to filter keywords from yell. aka: an RMT blocking filter. Which is super awesome. ("*** off" - block those stars thread)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-17 20:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW the random text at the end of messages was reported on the Japanese side a few days ago and was accepted as a bug already. https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57456-%E3%81%A7%E6%96%87%E5%AD%97%E5%8C%96%E3%81%91%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-18 07:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW the random text at the end of messages was reported on the Japanese side a few days ago and was accepted as a bug already. https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57456-%E3%81%A7%E6%96%87%E5%AD%97%E5%8C%96%E3%81%91%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B

A small note of thank you to you Chiaia and everyone else behind the scenes that continue to work on guildwork and Windower in general, I was reminded when I launched windower and saw the updates take place, it is an exhilarating feeling for me to see these updates happen that continue to improve and fix applications, and make our FF11 experience a very pleasant and modern one! Many thanks!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-13 09:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Um...

For the first time in a long time, this shout box on this site looks like:

instead of: (old screencap)

...so good job with that. (I know it was said that this was a change SE did in their coding and/or was on their end). This may be old news, but I think this site was wonky as of yesterday so, unless I'm late to the game, congratulations.

(Didn't want to make a new thread for this, and this topic came up with a little google-fu so I thought I'd bump it). Go team!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-13 09:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Every now and then it looks fine, and then 10 seconds later its back to the new normal.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-13 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply