First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 47 48 49
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-04 10:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fair enough, you're not clipping to do it so what takes me an hour will take you considerably longer...also assumed you were already up to DM not still on headstones lol

Still looking for someone else to do a title count while you do that

I'm still going to count mine while I have a moment. Will be slow though. Leaving as a placeholder for the moment.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 11:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
ugh counting titles... is there a checklist anywhere? I would do it if there was already a full list somewhere

If you search titles on bgwiki it will give you the full 1100
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 11:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said:

There is over lap. Simply counting all will be wrong. You have to not triple count mog titles and hnm titles etc
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 12:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

K, I'll get on counting the titles in a bit using the bgwiki list and just making a spreadsheet. I'm rank 6 currently
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-04 12:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said:

There is over lap. Simply counting all will be wrong. You have to not triple count mog titles and hnm titles etc

Yeah, I'm marking off which ones are duplicates.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 12:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

K, I'll get on counting the titles in a bit using the bgwiki list and just making a spreadsheet. I'm rank 6 currently

Have to assume you've got 900 ish titles if titles theory holds true
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 13:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

all this counting is doing so far is making me wish there was a way to lock your title, some of these are so cute

I wanna be a ghostie buster permanently

edit: I'm actually getting nostalgic checking the titles and remember how some of them were gotten and missing old friends ;;

edit 2: and I'm seeing things that don't make sense if my memory works... I don't remember Evvvver killing cactrot rapido but I have his title :x
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 13:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dig Serket Breaker, it's just great

In theory, once you unlock all the titles it can't ever change again... if you don't kill any HNM, tough but not impossible, kind of kills all omen but that's it really.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

OK!

counting complete

rank 6 - 633 titles total

No way I'm currently interested in earning 650 or 700 to test if I rank up. I'd rather let someone of my rank or a different rank count their own titles first :x

WEIRD thing though, is I am for some reason missing the last mog garden related titles (adamanttock, etc), but everything in my mog garden is maxed out, and I have a +1 adoulin ring/ygnas.

edit: actually I might as well get to 650, that would be easy enough I think. Just need 17 more and I have a giant spreadsheet of all the ones I have or am missing now <_<
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-04 15:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

OK!

counting complete

No way I'm currently interested in earning 650 or 700 to test if I rank up. I'd rather let someone of my rank or a different rank count their own titles first :x

WEIRD thing though, is I am for some reason missing the last mog garden related titles (adamanttock, etc), but everything in my mog garden is maxed out, and I have a +1 adoulin ring/ygnas.

edit: actually I might as well get to 650, that would be easy enough I think. Just need 17 more and I have a giant spreadsheet of all the ones I have or am missing now <_<

Mind sharing that spreadsheet? It won't help me right now but would helpful for future endeavors. :)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 16:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
OK!

counting complete

Mind sharing that spreadsheet? It won't help me right now but would helpful for future endeavors. :)
sure here, enjoy my "i can't use excel" basics:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l81SmA_dVz0uXfNx5Ap71_rR6hral3aQXIMRU4s4bTw/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know ***about google sheets either! yay!

the sorting is all whacked right now because I wanted to see which ones I was missing and start workin down the list.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-04 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay... so here's what I got:

Subtracting the 214 duplicates I recorded... that brings me to a total of 623 recorded titles while Rank 6.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 18:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Rank 6 with 600 titles

Needs more other ranks, but promising

Title hunting has me finding a few errors in the "gives titles" parts of missions. They don't particularly matter, as they're gone 2 minutes later on the next mission, but still.

ex; https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_4-6
Gives "Shedder of Harlequin Tears"
And then a minute later, you change to "Hope for the Future"

You get "Karababa's Tour Guide" a mission earlier and "karabara's bodyguard" a mission earlier
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 19:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

UGH

the titles from buying conquest point items only works if you're a member of that nation, and while I've completed sandy/windy stories I have jack shitttt for conquest points for them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-04 19:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Use copper vouchers to get conquest points?

Not a horrible idea, coppers can't be used for sparks anymore, so they're only useful for that kinda thing now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

great idea!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-04 20:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

still rank 6 at 650, and man I really don't want to get to 700, but what else is there to do in the game anymore

edit: stopping at 665 for tonight. will do more later and then give up if nothing happens at 700
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-05 14:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Another fruitless set of milestones;

I've been farming titles/clearing missions all week. These rank ups take a TON of whatever it turns out to be (still looking like titles)

Essentially beaten the entire game Nation 10, RotZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG, SoA, RoV - Still rank 2

+450 ROE ~240 titles
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-05 14:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

our server lost the astral candescence somehow, so I got to go earn the title from the recovery bcnm in mamook :o. never get a chance for that again probably
By Pantafernando 2021-01-05 14:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it shouldn’t take terribly long counting titles from my rank 1/2 chars then verifying the hypothesis:

Rank = floor ( title / 100 ) ?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-05 14:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I got rank two somewhere between 100+ and 177

and up to 230ish still hasn't changed ( I need to recount to verify that none of the quests gave multiple titles)

150/300/400/500/600 still fits, just aiming for a 300

(man... at this point I'm just staring at the rank hoping it will change. I've put more effort into this damn thing than I've put into this entire game in 10 years, jesus christ) I've done what I consider beating the entire game (because pointless quests are pointless) and it's still rank 2, it's crazy.

Uh, so, that guy crashed and can't be free played, so... No more effort into it. That account has the payment error again. This i2501 dogshit error is so annoying. You don't know if you get it until you need to pay... and then you get blocked FROM paying. Then I have to wait literally 24 hours and pay from a different IP. Beyond reasonable.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-01-05 17:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fifteen relatively easy titles can be obtained from clearing NQ Walk of Echoes fluxes, but make sure to do them before the campaign starts next week (and then get another fifteen titles from clearing the Surged walks!)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-05 17:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I was missing 3 of the nq flux ones that I did right away. Still missing a bunch of the hq ones though, think I only have... 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, and 13 done for the hq ones

edit: 675 titles so far, 25 more to go till me stopping

edit: 685 and done for the night
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-06 07:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

daily bump so someone can count their own titles before I grind out 15 more after work today for probably no reason <_<
By Pantafernando 2021-01-06 07:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I started counting my mules rank 1 and 2, but had to stop because work.

The spreadsheet published above helps a lot the counting but i would sugest putting the names before the title so we can find them faster.

Anyway, im writing the NPC name before the title but those mules wont reach 200 so dont matter much
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-06 09:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the ffxiclopedia titles page is helping a lot

just ctrl+f the title and up pops the quest you need to do.... in most cases

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Titles

edit: 695, close to seeing if i've wasted all my time!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-01-06 15:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Titles looks interesting.

A few milestones I have carefully checked:

ROE 600 - no rank up
ROE 700 - no rank up
A Crystalline Prophesy completed - no rank up

Wings of Goddess - incomplete
Treasures of Aht Urhgan - incomplete

My titles 500 minus the duplicates (still working on spreadsheet to eliminate them). So I think I am somewhere around 450'ish.

Current Rank 4
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-06 15:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Title obtainment is the only one that "makes sense" (not that square does things that make sense...) Nothing says "I know about stuff" better than, well, doing stuff. having 72 rema isn't anything you gain knowledge from, mastering another job doesn't require new knowledge (really) etc

In the context of game knowledge, not so much job knowledge.

Not enough data points though... title counting is pretty miserable, I don't blame anyone completely uninterested in counting.

Also, panta, where you at on dat info!

Updated count; 243... 57 is a long way away, 250 no change (predictably)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-06 15:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just logged, grabbing my vouchers and keys for my 120312031209 chars then restarting the count
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 47 48 49