First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 47 48 49
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it's not going to be easy to get an exportable list of the titles out of the NPCs, at least in any kind of generic/stable way.

However, I can probably flip the NPC so it tells you the titles you don't have instead of the titles that you have.
[+]
By cajunasian 2021-11-11 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Annnnd, all NM titles done!

Bro you ok?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Code Inverter
require("pack")

npc_names = {
    ["Tuh Almobankha"] = true,
    ["Moozo-Koozo"] = true,
    ["Styi Palneh"] = true,
    ["Tamba-Namba"] = true,
    ["Bhio Fehriata"] = true,
    ["Cattah Pamjah"] = true,
    ["Burute-Sorute"] = true,
    ["Zuah Lepahnyu"] = true,
    ["Yulon-Polon"] = true,
    ["Willah Maratahya"] = true,
    ["Eron-Tomaron"] = true,
    ["Quntsu-Nointsu"] = true,
    ["Shupah Mujuuk"] = true,
    ["Aligi-Kufongi"] = true,
    ["Koyol-Futenol"] = true,
    ["Debadle-Levadle"] = true
}

windower.register_event('incoming chunk', function (id, original, modified, injected, blocked)
    if id == 0x033 and npc_names[windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_id(original:unpack("I",5)).name] then
        print("Inverted NPC")
        local my_string = string.sub(original,1,0x50)
        for i = 0x51,0x68 do
            my_string = my_string..string.char(255 - original:byte(i))
        end
        local flags = original:sub(0x69,0x6C)
        local gil = original:sub(0x6D,0x70)
        return my_string..flags..gil
    end
end)

This will flip the NPCs and make them tell you the titles you don't have. You cannot use it to acquire titles and there will be a bunch of N/A values for titles that don't exist yet, but it does make the screening process easy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 16:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get a number? What is your Missing/Total

I assume it's around 150 missing of the 1080 available as a rough estimate if it's working correctly.

As you're a rank 7 you should have nearish aroundish 900 titles (it could be as low as 751, the gap from 7 to 8 seems bigger than previous ranks)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 17:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

272 titles remain

Some of them are going to be easy (like just buying stuff with CP iirc), but some are going to be rough because I think I already finished those quests. For instance, somehow I don't have a Champion of the Dawn title.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 17:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

808 means you got a ways to go to rank 8 (>950ish) You're essentially barely rank 7.

Champion of the Dawn is also broken in some way, we noticed that. it's simply not appearing on title changers for some reason. Square messed it up.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-11-11 17:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Byrth! Working beautifully for me. Just finished my tour of all the title NPCs and my missing titles are (mostly) in line with what I have recorded. Some findings:

Some titles might be bugged. I did a lot of Legion back in the day and am missing "Subjugator of the Mired." I'll give it a run and see if that updates. Likewise, I don't have "Fulmination Disruptor" on any of the Outlands NPCs, but I have cleared HTMB Ramuh With Honors at the Merit KI NPC.

I don't have access to "Lugh Exorcist" even though I'm 99% sure I specifically went out and killed it when this whole Mastery Rank craze started. And what quest or mission gives the title "Champion of the Dawn" ? Missing that one in (S) nations too~

I don't have access to Disturber of Slumber now that I went back and redid Waking the Beast for the Interrupter of Dreams title... is it possibly to only have access to one of these titles at a time?

The three seemingly unobtainable Beastmen king titles and Giant Killer are all grouped together with the Outland NPCs.

High Roller and Fortune's Favorite are available in Lower Jeuno with all of the Chocobo Racing titles I don't have.

Banneret is with Ballista titles in Southern San d'Oria.

The four "... Adventurer" titles don't show up on any NPC, which makes me think you can't set them again. Same with the MMM titles, but you get those set at the MMM NPC anyways.

I didn't see the Matchmaker title anywhere.

Missing some things I completely forgot about... Raptor Wrangler (the quest to unlock Mounts at the highest difficulty, I think?) and three titles from Octavien's "Legacies Lost and Found" questline.

And apparently I never killed Voluptuous Vivian!

EDIT: just saw your and Eiryl's posts about Champion of the Dawn as well. Gathered a few more titles and edited the above post.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 17:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The 4 " ... adventurer" titles are more like easter eggs, they cannot be set

Uncertain if they do count in any way or are just for funsies. It's all theoretical, right now afterall
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 17:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just happy to see more people showing even the slightest interest, ha

Did we ever decide if fortune's favorite/high roller were never activated or just never found from lack of choco betting being a thing ever? I'll get around to doing some more extreme testing on those in the future

And who knows about Banneret /shrug
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 17:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Ballista titles are basically unobtainable now and I did none back in the day, so that's a solid 40+ titles I cannot get
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 17:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
All the Ballista titles are basically unobtainable now and I did none back in the day, so that's a solid 40+ titles I cannot get
Just gotta make 5 extra accounts when the game is on sale and plan to do it solo

Don't judge me
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-11 17:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that process? Might try it lol. Its a shame because ballista and Brenner were kinda fun initially but like every piece of side content SE abandoned it.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 17:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well you need to grind dudes to rank 3, get a ballista license and then... that's about it

I have the guys ready, but the accounts are inactivated as I'm waiting for gw to be back for title flushing before I grind em out
 Bismarck.Arcsol
Server: Bismarck
user: Arcsol
By Bismarck.Arcsol 2021-11-11 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Just gotta make 5 extra accounts when the game is on sale and plan to do it solo

Don't judge me

Can't speak for others of course, but I applaud your commitment.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 18:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, with my level of commitment I should be committed
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 18:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This will flip the NPCs and make them tell you the titles you don't have. You cannot use it to acquire titles and there will be a bunch of N/A values for titles that don't exist yet, but it does make the screening process easy.
This is really great btw. Huge props
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 18:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you run it for accuracy purposes? Being that you have so many and know exactly which, it would be a valuable test.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 18:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To explain how it works, incoming 0x033 uses bytes 0x50:0x6F for the menu params payload. That payload is interpreted differently based on the NPC. In this case, the first 20 bytes are 5 Ints (4 bytes) where each Int corresponds to a gil level (e.g. 200 gil titles). Each bit within those Ints represents a single title, with the least significant bit being the "None." option. So the code above is just flipping all the bits, which gives you the set of titles that you cannot select.

The next 4 bytes are flags indicating which menu options are available (e.g. have the bard pick a song), and the last 4 bytes are your gil amount so the gil comparison can be done generically.

So I think it basically has to work, with the qualification that it displays titles that may be unobtainable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 18:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of a they know exactly how many should be missing, I wonder how many it will say are missing.

Since the ballista titles aren't able to be set (iirc), Ave should only have like 4X missing instead of 8X
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 19:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've identified 165 titles I could pursue. The other 99 are functionally unobtainable at my effort level.

Raptor Wrangler is just riding mounts a lot, right?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 20:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Did you run it for accuracy purposes? Being that you have so many and know exactly which, it would be a valuable test.
I have not. I'm kinda pre-occupied with master levels atm (wish they would have made the damn names not so close), but I'll run it tomorrow for sure and post back
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 20:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've identified 165 titles I could pursue. The other 99 are functionally unobtainable at my effort level.

Raptor Wrangler is just riding mounts a lot, right?

It's beating the mini game as fast as possible while getting all the food (but don't cheat, if you do it too fast it won't count either) There was discussion back there somewhere, 10 pages back or something. Cheating verified by me will nullify it. I forget the specifics.

Also, per the previous post I think Fulmination Disruptor (Ramuh VD) is also indeed broken the same way champion is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-11 22:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I missed some of the titles from the "Legacies Lost and Found" quest despite finishing it and making Epeolatry. Anyone know what that could be?

Furthest-out viable title seems to be "Established Examiner," aka murder 1000 monster rearing critters at the rate of 3/day.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-11 22:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433
A really minimalist draft of where to get every title.

Maester of Maddening Decline the quest 7 times
Runic Emissary Trade him any Rune item
Blade Enthusiast Trade 6 Rune Weapons at once
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-13 20:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be that I copied it down wrong, but I used the above code and didn't identify "Sorrow Drowner" as a missing title, although I have not completed the Stars of Ifrit quest before it in the chain.

This was most likely a transcription error on my part (didn't write it down) but could be a problem with the Title NPCs (or perhaps that title cannot be recovered).
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-13 20:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

huh... weird
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-13 21:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just another broken title. If there's one, there's a dozen, and we know there's one (two)

That's why you were supposed to check to see how off it was!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-14 06:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I confirmed that the Bastok Title NPC let me change my title to Sorrow Drowner for 400 gil despite still having the pre-quest "The Stars of Ifrit" active, so it looks like it's broken in the opposite way from the other titles like "Champion of the Dawn" that are always unavailable.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-15 15:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, not broken. File that one in weird facts.

You get the quest Love and Ice (after The Stars of Ifrit) by examining the key item from the prior quest and then talking to another NPC (Carmelo). However, you obtain the key item before completing The Stars of Ifrit quest.

I had obtained the KI, examined it, and completed the rest of the quest line without ever talking to the final NPC from The Stars of Ifrit.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-15 16:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystery solved!
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 47 48 49