Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-02-13 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can only do one a day
yeah that's a big turn off. I figured we could just spam the channels with friends

Also of note is that you can only get max of 3 thumbs up per day (per SE's manual website about the assist channel.)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-16 17:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a bump since I finished 100% of the monster rearing KIs :o. now I have space free to raise and kill 3 monsters a day for titles ;;

869 (nice) titles so far. Still rank 7, but working on it!

And one tiny thing. If key item collection counts as points, there are 11 temp key items you can get on Run from this quest: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Legacies_Lost_and_Found

And I know for a fact that you can at least get the optional "Stone of Unknown Runic Origins" KIs after you've already finished the quest because I went and tried it the other day when I was completing the ilvl 135 run fight for the title, though I have no idea what they are used for. I'm assuming you can also go back and get the 8 normal stone KIs as well after the quest is already done as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-17 16:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As this thread has more or less run the course. No more investigation really (reasonably) to take place, gonna drop this here for the few people who may see it before I make it live. I did double check, but I didn't go over it one last time yet. Things sometimes don't manage to make it from notepad to draft lol.

Yea/Nay
Suggestions
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433

(it's gonna have a FAQ of all the things I expect to see)
Like... why are some boxed and some not. it's a matter of spacing, it makes it easier to follow from title to how, when it's necessary... sometimes it's too straight forward to need a how.

Or; I did this, why didn't I get that. Because some of them simply award multiple titles in quick succession and you can't see them, but they were awarded.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-02-17 17:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As this thread has more or less run the course. No more investigation really (reasonably) to take place, gonna drop this here for the few people who may see it before I make it live. I did double check, but I didn't go over it one last time yet. Things sometimes don't manage to make it from notepad to draft lol.

Yea/Nay
Suggestions
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433

(it's gonna have a FAQ of all the things I expect to see)
Like... why are some boxed and some not. it's a matter of spacing, it makes it easier to follow from title to how, when it's necessary... sometimes it's too straight forward to need a how.

Or; I did this, why didn't I get that. Because some of them simply award multiple titles in quick succession and you can't see them, but they were awarded.

A work of genius

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-17 19:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can probably throw a "currently unobtainable" by the final ballistar and ballistar Royale titles
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-17 19:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I could

I was still internally debating my amount of care for ballista, but it wouldn't be fair to ignore it even if it's pointless. Kinda against the spirit of the thing.

And it's only an extra 5 minutes to do it, so yeah.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-18 06:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and it says what the titles are but doesn't say how you get them by the Astral candescence reclamation bc titles. The subduer of the blah blah
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-20 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Another unsuccessful fish ranking. ****.

I need rank 2 and 3 titles. I already have rank 1 and 4-10 titles ;;

Also, is there any secret to the titles/ring drops from voidwalker nms? Besides just popping them in a different zone than last time and hoping you get lucky? I've been working my tail off to get verthandi and yilbegan titles and no luck so far.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-20 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just luck, not like you can alter the state when they pop. Just keep doing it till you win.

Fishing ranks totally blow. The only way to really get second place for certain is fish the entire 200, every single time to maximize chance, and give your twobox the winning fish and yourself the second place fish... then hope no one got luckier.

You can't just enter by yourself, you have no way of knowing if anyone was putting serious effort into winning or not, and you literally only get 1 try a month.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-20 14:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

and give your twobox the winning fish and yourself the second place fish... then hope no one got luckier.
Genius. I don't have any alt characters (except one that I'm currently using to fish up moat carp during the free login), but I can just give one or two to my ls mates!

Thanks for the big brain ideas
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-02-20 14:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally hit rank 7 today! I know there's been plenty of 7 reports but for science...

726 titles (probably the only important bit)
706 quests
693 days playtime
983 roes
MT2 only
17 REMA (at least one of each type)
All Missions/addons complete
Fishing/WW 110, 4 subs at 70, no synergy. ebisu +1/ lu +1, shield stage 2.
10 jobs mastered, all 99.
Maat's Cap
just missing the 2 mumor trusts
combat skills capped, brd magic skills are nowhere near
Max Fame everywhere
chocobo racing - cleared 'story' + 1st place crystal stakes
voidwatch all atmacites r15
just missing the fiat lux atma for abyssea full completion.
killed all the beastking nms, missing tiamat from the dragons. haven't done sandworm/ixion.
have done none of the 'big 4' campaign ops
unlocked most HP/guides etc, but not all.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-20 14:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Finally hit rank 7 today!
One of us. One of us.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-20 14:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I still find it incredibly interesting that the general tone is 100 titles per rank (give or take) with only one exception.

Still, there are things that count without awarding a title, it's still just very odd and out of place.

Still really want to see a person (a mule) that doesn't play the game and just buys aeonics/Idris/Gjallerhorn etc hit rank 2.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-02-20 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally hit rank 7 today! I know there's been plenty of 7 reports but for science...

706 quests
693 days playtime
983 roes
MT2 only
Maat's Cap
Max Fame everywhere
killed all the beastking nms, missing tiamat from the dragons. haven't done sandworm/ixion.

Grats :) I am going to start working towards Rank 7 now, have a long way to go as I am only 4 haha.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-20 21:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

706 quests
693 days playtime
983 roes
MT2 only
Maat's Cap
Max Fame everywhere
overlord overthrower didn't happen to be the title that ranked you up, did it? Probably coincidence, but just sayin' that the rank 8 guy ranked up after getting his third beastking title too...
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2021-02-20 22:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It was, I ranked up as soon as I zoned after killing it.

since I don't think I will be getting to do Fiat lux anytime soon I figured I would get last beastking in case it was some kind of achievement gate. it might just be coincidence it was my 725th earned title though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-20 22:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, it could be an amount of hnm, or coincidence. Vrtra was one of my title obtainment things. It was the last title I got from 1>2 on an account.

Still assuming it just happened to be the magic point that put me over, not specifically an hnm.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-21 19:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yoooo

But I still need the stupid t3 fairy title! 0/toomany, ha

For anyone else hunting vwnm titles, Either TH affects abyssite upgrade chance like crazy and I just didn't see it written anywhere, or I'm just oddly lucky after swapping to thf instead of blu because I got 4 black abyssites in a row on thf
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-21 20:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

THallthethings.meme
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-02-23 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and it says what the titles are but doesn't say how you get them by the Astral candescence reclamation bc titles. The subduer of the blah blah

For those, you have to win the BC to reclaim the candy, not just participate. (Used to be an issue and had to run it multiple times, but ezpz now. I'm 2/3 on those. Stupid trolls.)

I've been on a mini-hiatus now though, I got a bit burnt out from all the Abyssea spam. Still working on those empyrean WS's, need 38 more Dragua's scales for Camlann's Torment, then I'll be moving on to Isgebind! Non-solo, I've been leveling up my Incursion, and I'm 1 NM (Gramk-Droog) from level 130.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-24 11:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also on a hiatus of sorts, but moreso because I'm just focusing on the grindy stuff. I'm 5k+ moat carp deep into the lu quest now, so will get that title soon enough. Then after that is finished its 140 hours of trading gysahl greens one at a time! Still can't find it in me to get around to repeating the stupid odin fight 11 times though.

For incursion titles I'm gonna have to find someone that already has the levels needed for the nms. I dont really want to bother ls mates to run useless incursion 10+ times and I only have one character.

I'm at 887 titles now, but I have a lot of doable ones coming when I feel bored enough to attempt af quests (Mnk, Whm, Blm, Rdm, Pld, Drk, Bst, Rng, Nin, Drg, Smn, Cor, Pup, Dnc, Sch remaining, lol), or when I feel needy enough to ask ls mates to attempt some vd battlefields (think I have 26 htbf titles remaining, 2 master trials, and 3 event bcs)

Odyssey is cool though, because if titles do add a point, it added what... 16 boss titles? I think I have 6 of those so far

A pain in the butt one is going to be the guildpoint titles. I don't want to lower my goldsmithing at all so I can't get the last two titles in any craft but fishing/gold, but that means I can still get the first two guildpoint items from the other guilds just by doing the craft test :x. I already have the two from leather (hello hq2 brass jadagnas from stupid escutcheon) and one from alchemy because caduceus is a nice crafting set weapon for looking cool. Soo... I have 1 title left from gold, 2 left from fishing, 1 from alchemy, 2 blacksmith, 2 woodworking, 2 cooking, 2 clothcraft, 2 bonecraft for a grand total of: 1,450,000 guildpoints across all the crafts. With an extra 2,450,000 guildpoints if I was crazy enough to lower my main craft and raise the other crafts to the ranks needed for the other two remaining item titles. Yikes.

At least it's something to do while waiting for mog garden and maze mongers titles, ha
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-26 10:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Poop achievements 50% complete

What am I doing with my life
[+]
By LightningHelix 2021-02-26 11:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

grats on making poop happen

well, technically the opposite of poop

so grats on making constipation happen
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2021-02-26 23:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Poop achievements 50% complete
now there's a sentence I bet you didn't imagine posting on the internet XD congrats on your poopy prize!

Am I reading right in that you have to do all 10k in one conquest tally, and only one person on the server can get title per week? (the 10,000th trade)?

if so that's crazy

Also I hate yilbegan 0/7 on the title version q.q
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 09:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it's conquest tally or maintenance reset, but either way it's dumb and unnecessary and something I'll be glad is over
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

annnnd, done

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-27 17:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You got that done way faster than I expected lol

Should've taken like at least 48 straight hours for 10,000 20 second actions, shouldn't it?

What's next on the list of misery!?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 18:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a free login character helping!

No idea about next. Gotta finish up moat carp, but I think I'll take a break after that and start doing af quests
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49