New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November 2020 Version Update
November 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if crueleaving is still a thing, i guess it can be a tendency going to sheol A and cleave there, as aparently mobs there are more susceptible to cruel joke.

In sheol B, too many mobs resist it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 08:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So not even a "complaint" as it were, simply "what?"

Who comes up with the idea that: Killing one mob gives ~10 points, and it takes 500 points for one mat... when killing one mob drops one mat at an already high rate. So kill 50 mobs for one extra mat.... What? How does one think this improves odyssey? How does this get approved? How does that get more people to do odyssey? It's just insultingly bad.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2020-11-10 09:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Someone contact with Caradog or Kenshi as figured that XI view dats reverted to original files as this November update
[+]
By Rubenator 2020-11-10 09:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Someone contact with Caradog or Kenshi as figured that XI view dats reverted to original files as this November update
Kenshi's is already updated
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2020-11-10 09:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Findings from Sheol A: (note I have moogle mastery 13)8

- 5 segments per kill on floor 1
- 17 segments per kill on floor 7
- 50 segments per chest popped with Izzat (all floors)
- 50 segments for clearing Agon halo/babies (only floor 1)
- 80 segments for killing popped NM (not with Izzat - only floor 1)
- 7 segments for popping Coffer with keys (all floors)
- Did not get segments for touching the end crystal

Bought a Lustreless scale from the NPC to see if they were just messing with us and it wasn't 500 segments per 1 scale and not a box... it's only 1 scale.

Also, anecdotally, it seemed like regular mobs were dropping a lot more scales than they have historically. Wouldn't put it past SE to ninja increase the drop rate and deter people from solely popping chests.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-10 09:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is the max mastery rank for the new mentor thing? I don't care that it doesn't mean anything. It's a new useless number added to the game, so of course I must max it out.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-11-10 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP all the Cure Please mules and EZ Farm botters
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-10 09:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
they'll all be up and running by tomorrow, I would wager.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-11-10 09:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Never know could of done something like they did with superwarper.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 09:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we ripping lol? Ah.

Quote:
As of the 11/10/20 update easyfarm no longer connects to a character with the select character button, therefore the entire program does not work.

It's been a loooooooooooooooooooooong time since I saw those words.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-11-10 10:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"Pulled latest EliteMMO files to be sure, tried manually loading addon with no success.

Seems as though there's been a change to PIDs and it can't parse them/attach to them. I'm not that samiliar with your code @DanielHazzard but it looks like it's going to need an update to the EliteMMO components rather than in CP itself, seems to be a similar story across the board with other dependant apps (EasyFarm etc)."

From the Cure Please github. Since EliteMMO website is complete aids and all you see is donations I have no faith this is going to be free/ a quick fix. So yeah time to learn alias curing or brick your WHM mule?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 10:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Who comes up with the idea that: Killing one mob gives ~10 points, and it takes 500 points for one mat... when killing one mob drops one mat at an already high rate. So kill 50 mobs for one extra mat.... What? How does one think this improves odyssey? How does this get approved? How does that get more people to do odyssey? It's just insultingly bad.

The ratio currency/mat is weak but none is complaining because most should be ok with current keying farming. So, in practice, dont change much for mat farmers.

I read somewhere that its in their schedule do add new boss to Odyssey. So, there is really no point converting those mats at this current rate. Best to save it, maybe they can be used for some unique rewards in december.

Also, i read somewhere that this currency can also open boxes? That would be way more profitable than spending izzat for that if you are aiming for the aurum.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 10:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i have a detailed information about this?

Seemed like a random breaking news pulled out of nowhere lol. Anything SE did?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 10:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Can i have a detailed information about this?

Seemed like a random breaking news pulled out of nowhere lol. Anything SE did?

ELI5 square changed the character ID (they've done this many times in the past, but it's been a while since they bothered with it) So the way the character is "hooked" into 3PP is no longer valid. Usually fixed within 24 hours.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 10:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Pantafernando said: »

The ratio currency/mat is weak but none is complaining because most should be ok with current keying farming. So, in practice, dont change much for mat farmers.

I read somewhere that its in their schedule do add new boss to Odyssey. So, there is really no point converting those mats at this current rate. Best to save it, maybe they can be used for some unique rewards in december.

Also, i read somewhere that this currency can also open boxes? That would be way more profitable than spending izzat for that if you are aiming for the aurum.

I wouldn't use it on chests but using currency to open coffers/strongboxes is probably the only good thing from this if that is the case. Those have a high probability of being a mimic with keys.

I think someone misunderstood. I think what he means is this quote

Asura.Kendlar said: »
Second floor (B) gave 15 per mob, think it was 75 to open a chest with points.

but I think what Kendlar meant is he got 75 segments for opening the chest with Izzat.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-10 11:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case then these segments aren't good for anything at the moment.

That was my point, they are pointless. Not even in the "lol this is dumb" pointless, but unarguably pointless. Free/extra is nice, no one is going to complain about getting an extra mat per run for zero extra effort... but "come on".
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-10 11:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case then these segments aren't good for anything at the moment.

That was my point, they are pointless. Not even in the "lol this is dumb" pointless, but unarguably pointless. Free/extra is nice, no one is going to complain about getting an extra mat per run for zero extra effort... but "come on".

Going through another tedious menu for an extra 15k? No thanks. I’ll stick to chest farming lol.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-10 11:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive already seen people trying to say that Ghorn is "useless" because of the new Mog Bonanza horn....

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-10 11:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Ive already seen people trying to say that Ghorn is "useless" because of the new Mog Bonanza horn....
I wouldn't say useless.

It wouldn't make current full REMA BRDs obsolete, they can still full-time NiTro all day long.

The new horn from bonanza just brings non-REMA BRDs or just regular 3-song lazy BRDs to compete with full REMA BRDs. But you still cannot equate the two (full REMA BRDs still would be able to land debuff songs better than Bonanza BRDs can).
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 11:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

average 350+ mats

Ok, moving whole pointless segments aside..

You will never avg even close to that, especially in B or C. Its even hard to get all chests all the time in B if you are unlucky with placing and mimics (I sometimes have problem to get all of them using 2nd char with tractor/Arise, when I get 5-6 mimics in one run). Unless ofc you use hacks to teleport around and raise in safe place, but even then you will probably be below 300 in A, below 250 in B and below 150 in C.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-10 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I wouldn't say useless.

It wouldn't make current full REMA BRDs obsolete, they can still full-time NiTro all day long.

The new horn from bonanza just brings non-REMA BRDs or just regular 3-song lazy BRDs to compete with full REMA BRDs. But you still cannot equate the two (full REMA BRDs still would be able to land debuff songs better than Bonanza BRDs can).

This is it but with how easy Ghorn is to make you could make one before you get a rank 1 win.
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 11:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say useless.

3 songs is not 4, Honor march is honor march. If anything it brings EA bard closer to REMA BRD, but its still big gap. You cant fulltime Marcato Honor and your songs are still -1 weaker. You will also need to remember to reapply Honor much sooner, even if other 3 songs are at 15min.
[+]
By Taint 2020-11-10 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It screams Pianissimo Ballard instrument to shut your mages up while you focus on DPS songs and opening SCs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 12:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
It screams Pianissimo Ballard instrument to shut your mages up while you focus on DPS songs and opening SCs.

True, also would anyone even take it as rank 1 reward assuming win? Maybe on BRD mule with 0 ambitions to make other jobs on it.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-11-10 12:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the new "Assist" channel.

If the command for typing in the Japanese channel is /assist, what happens to the original /assist? Has that been changed or is it the same?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-10 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I wouldn't say useless.

3 songs is not 4, Honor march is honor march. If anything it brings EA bard closer to REMA BRD, but its still big gap. You cant fulltime Marcato Honor and your songs are still -1 weaker. You will also need to remember to reapply Honor much sooner, even if other 3 songs are at 15min.
Yeah, that's true. I completely forgot about HM honestly.

I still wouldn't get the horn if I won, mainly because there are better options, such as the Ice Brand and Air Knife.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13