Forum » FFXI » General » How to tell when the next campaign will start
How to tell when the next campaign will start
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-25 18:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda what it says, I use the region viewer and see the campaign battle icon on an area... but when i teleport out there it's either half way done or already over and lag(idc) hasn't changed it on the region viewer to show no battle there.

So is there an npc or something I am missing that will tell me when or where the next battle will start? only thing i can see is the random such and such battalion is moving towards such and such area...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 18:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope your not missing anything. Thats why its better to periodically check the viewer so you can see when they start thereby knowing about how long they have left. Also if your in the city you can see when mobs are being sent there... that's usually a good sign theres gunna be a battle though not always and if theres one going on definitely a sign that another wave is coming
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-10-25 18:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no "accurate" way to tell when the next campaign battle will "actually" start, aside from what you mentioned; checking the region(campaign) map. The next best thing is to pay attention to the messages about campaign battles. Sometimes you'll get a message like, "The Dadough Vanguard has been dispatched to N. Gustaberg(S)." That usually implies a battle will begin in that area. However, the battle may not actually start that quickly. You might end up waiting a good amount of time for the battle to actually start.
 Alexander.Baracca
Server: Alexander
user: baracca
By Alexander.Baracca 2009-10-25 19:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do note that in each city there is a NPC that tells you what is being attacked/defended at any given time. The information is on par usually with the map but is helpful if you are just warping in and may have missed the "tell" about incoming mobs/attacking forces.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-25 19:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks guys, had wotg since it came out but never really tried it til now. I appreciate the help ^^
 Cerberus.Siriso
Server: Cerberus
user: Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 19:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Majinn said:
There's no "accurate" way to tell when the next campaign battle will "actually" start, aside from what you mentioned; checking the region(campaign) map. The next best thing is to pay attention to the messages about campaign battles. Sometimes you'll get a message like, "The Dadough Vanguard has been dispatched to N. Gustaberg(S)." That usually implies a battle will begin in that area. However, the battle may not actually start that quickly. You might end up waiting a good amount of time for the battle to actually start.

Actually when you see those messages in exactly 10 minutes a battle will start in that zone

When We are dispatched to a bst zone or Bst are dispatched to our 10 minutes on the dot a battle will begin after you see message.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-25 19:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Siriso said:
Actually when you see those messages in exactly 10 minutes a battle will start in that zone

When We are dispatched to a bst zone or Bst are dispatched to our 10 minutes on the dot a battle will begin after you see message.

Ooh. I am so testing this out :D Can't hurt to try^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 19:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Siriso said:
Seraph.Majinn said:
Actually when you see those messages in exactly 10 minutes a battle will start in that zone When We are dispatched to a bst zone or Bst are dispatched to our 10 minutes on the dot a battle will begin after you see message.

It can happen. I've also waited over an hour and there was still no battle let alone mobs
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 20:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to do a lot of campaign in my battle with Pup invites. So trust me when a message appears in town that Allied are "Dispatched" to a bst zone or Bst are "Dispatched" to one of Allied zones a Campaign Battle will start in 10 min exactly. Now that battle may consist of the bomb/warp guys or Turret guys etc..or a full attack. Pay attention to whats being sent and you can tell if battle worth it to go to.
When an allied group is sent to an allied zone or bst to bst controlled you may not get a battle at all
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell if its gunna be which guys based on the name... and I have gotten over 400k allied notes easy. Just yesterday I waited a good hour for no campaign battle to happen after getting a message in town that said guys were being dispatched. Just cause you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If it was as simple as wait 10 minutes there wouldn't be so many people annoyed and angry and saying otherwise
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 20:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can see how you would be annoyed at standing around for an hour waiting for a battle Since most people would warp back to town after 11 minutes and go somewhere else.
You must have really wanted to defend/attack that area...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 20:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Siriso said:
Well I can see how you would be annoyed at standing around for an hour waiting for a battle Since most people would warp back to town after 11 minutes and go somewhere else. You must have really wanted to defend/attack that area...

Naw I just am kinda picky about the zones I do. I try to stick with windy since well I ♥ yags and am windhurstain. And I hate doing the fort and citadel. Well I do northlands too but since nothing else popped in those 5 zones I was like meh. Also it said like 2 groups were going so I was hoping for something big and since it was beast controlled I was hoping to take it back... yeah that didn't work out so weel since um windy is 1/7 now QQ.

I also once saw something really really weird. There was a campaign battle. Got tags and no enemies were sent. No messages and nobody came to a zone we controlled...
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 20:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All windy has here is mountains and fort atm
Ive seen the battle with no mobs as well I assumed it was bomb guys and I just missed them.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 20:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Siriso said:
All windy has here is mountains and fort atm Ive seen the battle with no mobs as well I assumed it was bomb guys and I just missed them.

Well theres that but this one time there was no lame pilgrims being sent message. I was like wtf gayness is this ***and everyone was just standing around facepalming like it was nobodies business. Spent alot of time yesterday and friday trying to get zones back just to wake up today to go fishing to see KB and shadowhand tearing up windy waters unapposed lol. Like no npcs fighting for our side QQ
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 20:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went to Grauberg 10 min to the second after message battle starts
I win.
Heh Heh

Seriously though Ive never seen 1 not start 10 min after message so I dont know what to say..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 20:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Windy zones are lamer?
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-25 20:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

None going on at the time I do prefer windy zones although Grauberg Vunk and Jung are also nice due to the short walk to fight.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-25 23:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i have seen some take longer than 10 minutes, but i never wait longer than 15.

normally i just hop battle to battle without paying attention to the brigades being sent. how can you tell if its bombers, turret team, or an actual fight?

also has anyone noticed (and sorry if this is common knowledge, i've only been doing campaign battles a couple months) if you die a couple times during an actual battle you xp and AN jump alot. i've noticed anywhere from a 1-2.5k jump during actual battles not turret or fort bashing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 23:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
i have seen some take longer than 10 minutes, but i never wait longer than 15. normally i just hop battle to battle without paying attention to the brigades being sent. how can you tell if its bombers, turret team, or an actual fight? also has anyone noticed (and sorry if this is common knowledge, i've only been doing campaign battles a couple months) if you die a couple times during an actual battle you xp and AN jump alot. i've noticed anywhere from a 1-2.5k jump during actual battles not turret or fort bashing.

Dieing actually lowers your your an/xp... however taking dmg gives you some. Also pay attention to the name of whats being sent. It will tell you what mob type it is. For exampe divine inciters are sam yags. Or Pilgrims are non fighter types.
 Ragnarok.Vodak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vodak
By Ragnarok.Vodak 2009-10-26 00:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, about those campaigns you said not start in an hour maybe you got the tally. When the game is doing the conquest tally in campaign zones the attacks stop for a while, current attacks still continue of course but if you are in a city pay attention and you can see how troopers aren't dispached untill tally ends, I'm not really sure but maybe troops "in the way" stop them attack too.
About the exp lose/win with a death, as far as i know you lose 30exp with each death but you gain 10% of the damage you take in exp, i.e. Conqueror hits you for 1300 dmg, you gain 130 exp and lose 30 for die. If you add the time to weakened wears off in my opinion die isn't a good idea, at least untill campaign is near to end (last mob).

I apologize for my inglish, i know it can be a pain for your eyes, hopefully you can undestand me ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-26 01:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one problem with your theory... the tally was today not yesterday.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-26 03:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So just tested it. Got beau message at 1:23... then got xarc at 1:29... 1:35 rolls around no beau battle and I'm in zone. But xarc is on the map
 Cerberus.Siriso
By Cerberus.Siriso 2009-10-26 06:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The 10 min timer only is accurate when An alied group is dispatched to a bst controlled area and a Bst group is dispatched to an aliied area allied to allied and bst to bst do not work.
So maybe youseen msg that for example shadowhorn stormers dispatched to xarc when xarc is bst controlled
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-10-26 07:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Siriso said:
Seraph.Majinn said:
Actually when you see those messages in exactly 10 minutes a battle will start in that zone When We are dispatched to a bst zone or Bst are dispatched to our 10 minutes on the dot a battle will begin after you see message.

It can happen. I've also waited over an hour and there was still no battle let alone mobs

Same here. I've gone to zones and have waited 20+ minutes for a battle to actually start after seeing a message in town stating "Enemy unit was dispatched to area." In some cases Allied NPCs will be outside the Allied fortifications just strolling around (I'm not talking about the engineer units) w/ no campaign music.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-02 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You can almost guess how long it will take in a certain zone if you look at the fortifications number and the red bar under them. If the beastmen are excessively dominating that area and there is a campaign sign there, then it is very unlikely npcs will be sent to help you and the campaign will end prematurely.

If there is a healthy home nation bar and the beastmen one is being reduced, then battles are longer with support.

If you did not notice the messages, there is an npc in every home nation that tells you which crew has been sent to which area. Every time they say 'battle is on the verge of breaking out!' you can safely guess there will be some action there.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-11-02 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Baracca said:
Do note that in each city there is a NPC that tells you what is being attacked/defended at any given time.

This can be pretty useful but most of the time I don't even bother with it because you have to many varibles to search for. You have to pick the nation AND which specific regiment you want to check up on each time, and there's that lag going between screens. The information you get is also based on your nations standing in the war.

IMO Campaign battles almost seem to be random so what I do is just HP in Windurst [S] and look at the region screen and goto anyone with the little sword icon. If/when it's over I just warp back and pick another one. Me and a LS friend used to do that and just jump between zones all day. Sometimes we'd get in on a short one, sometimes we'd get a long one, but it was easier and more fun to do that then to try and analyze where to go next.