New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » leave game /cry
leave game /cry
First Page 2
By hank266 2009-10-24 18:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Today i decided after many month of hesitating to cancel my playonline id. I canceled my 2 caracters after almost 5 years of ff playing.Not sure im doing the right thing but i cant stop thinking of FF 14 and that makes me feel i dont wanna put more efort in this game.For safety reason i havnt deleted my caracter if i want to come back to this game. Now for my question:
If i wait for more then 3 month, maybe 1 year to come back, do u think i still will be able to reactivate my account/caracters?
Accourding to SE they say it still may be possible to reactivate old caraters but in other hand it says it will be deleted after 3 month.
So what is right here? Can i come back after 1 year or so?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Kurpse 2009-10-24 18:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From what ive seen it can be reactivated after the year. My friend deleted his char over 2 years ago and he was able to get it restored but all he got was has character, no gear or gil etc.

so it is possible :)
By hank266 2009-10-24 18:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wWll whitout gear,gil etc its useless to restore a character. I was hoping to get all my gil, armor back.
Damn this is a hard decision to make. I love this game but it must end sometime.....
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-24 18:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hank266 said:
I love this game

It doesnt have to end if you still love it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Server: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2009-10-24 18:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i had my char restored after 2 years
By hank266 2009-10-24 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

spicer did u get all your gil/equipment back?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-24 19:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
hank266 said:
I love this game
It doesnt have to end if you still love it.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-10-24 20:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hank266 said:
Today i decided after many month of hesitating to cancel my playonline id. I canceled my 2 caracters after almost 5 years of ff playing.Not sure im doing the right thing but i cant stop thinking of FF 14 and that makes me feel i dont wanna put more efort in this game.For safety reason i havnt deleted my caracter if i want to come back to this game. Now for my question:
If i wait for more then 3 month, maybe 1 year to come back, do u think i still will be able to reactivate my account/caracters?
Accourding to SE they say it still may be possible to reactivate old caraters but in other hand it says it will be deleted after 3 month.
So what is right here? Can i come back after 1 year or so?

OMFG, Spell check {Do you have it?}

Your spelling:
caracters x3
efort
havnt
Accourding

Mine:
Character
Effort
Haven't
According

And more stuff.. but....
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-24 20:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kindle said:
hank266 said:
Today i decided after many month of hesitating to cancel my playonline id. I canceled my 2 caracters after almost 5 years of ff playing.Not sure im doing the right thing but i cant stop thinking of FF 14 and that makes me feel i dont wanna put more efort in this game.For safety reason i havnt deleted my caracter if i want to come back to this game. Now for my question: If i wait for more then 3 month, maybe 1 year to come back, do u think i still will be able to reactivate my account/caracters? Accourding to SE they say it still may be possible to reactivate old caraters but in other hand it says it will be deleted after 3 month. So what is right here? Can i come back after 1 year or so?
OMFG, Spell check {Do you have it?} Your spelling: Mine: caracters x3 Character efort Effort havnt Haven't Accourding According And more stuff.. but....

Here comes the Grammar Nazi.
By hank266 2009-10-24 20:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah dont need it. Im from Sweden and idc about english. Most ppl understand and if they dont its ok.This is not school lol
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-10-24 20:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

hank266 said:
Bah dont need it. Im from Sweden and idc about english. Most ppl understand and if they dont its ok.This is not school lol

Not so much your grammar but, your spelling.
[+]
By hank266 2009-10-24 20:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

kk
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-24 22:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we stick to the original topic, please? There's no apparent reason to bash someone whose post is quite legible, especially for having learned it as a second language.

I've had a friend quit for ~1 year and they received all their gear back, along with their 8 mules. :3 So you should be able to do it no problem, just as long as you didn't dump anything manually. :)
[+]
 Siren.Brody
Server: Siren
By Siren.Brody 2009-10-24 22:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, FFXIV wont be out for another year and some months anyway, so if you're worried about that; don't be, there's still plenty of time left to enjoy the game.
[+]
By Jeniffer 2009-10-25 00:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle; gtfo please. I'm from Norway, neightbor country of Sweden, and just because everyone can't speak flawless english on a worldwide game forum does not by ANY means give you the right to bash on them. He could if he wanted to post this thread in his mother language, but obviously that wouldn't have gotten him alot of replies, except from other people who are from Sweden, right? Just the fact that he is able to speak understandable, but not perfect in a 2nd language actually shows alot of skill, and from what I know and have been told, only a handful of people from England, or the US who have english as their mother language is able to speak understandable in a 2nd language...

On topic: I'm sorry to see you go, but do not worry about your account seeing as you will most likely be able to restore it even by the time the new FF game is out, and I would advice you not to delete it just for the mere fact that, even while considered, the deletion of a character in FFXI is an impuls action D; best of luck too you either way, and enjoy irl!:D
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-25 00:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to go off semianonymously coward!
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-10-25 00:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeniffer said:
Kindle; gtfo please. I'm from Norway, neightbor country of Sweden, and just because everyone can't speak flawless english on a worldwide game forum does not by ANY means give you the right to bash on them. He could if he wanted to post this thread in his mother language, but obviously that wouldn't have gotten him alot of replies, except from other people who are from Sweden, right? Just the fact that he is able to speak understandable, but not perfect in a 2nd language actually shows alot of skill, and from what I know and have been told, only a handful of people from England, or the US who have english as their mother language is able to speak understandable in a 2nd language...

Cause I knew from the start was his second language! :)

On topic: Come back one day!
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-25 01:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kindle said:
Jeniffer said:
<insert bad excuse here>
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-25 01:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Being Swedish isn't an excuse >_>
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2009-10-25 05:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had deactivated the content ID of a char I had on one of my accounts for nearly 2 years. I simply reactivated the ID and everything was still intact. My guess is SE puts that disclaimer there in case your character data is erased after 3 months for whatever reason they can claim they aren't responsible for it.
 Gilgamesh.Yuudye
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuudye
By Gilgamesh.Yuudye 2009-10-25 06:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

See you on WoW...
 Cerberus.Orodreth
Server: Cerberus
user: orodreth
By Cerberus.Orodreth 2009-10-25 06:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jag är inte sjuk, jag är bara svensk.
[+]
By hank266 2009-10-25 06:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

HA HA kul Orodeth:)(föredrar roliga historier om danskar dock eftersom jag bor i Skåne).
Thank you all for your kind answers. Now i can relax alittle bit more knowing that ff will always be avalible,if i want to come back.
About bad spelling/grammar i can understand some ppl get upset. Its ok. Freedom of speech eh?
Thankyou^^
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-25 20:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
Being Swedish isn't an excuse >_>

you're not a swede you're a turnip :3 But yeah your English is native level lol ~ can't expect that of everyone~
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-25 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

bye
 Bismarck.Ajah
Server: Bismarck
user: Ajah
By Bismarck.Ajah 2009-10-29 13:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you don't delete anything, yes, you should be able to recover everything. I was offline for over a year due to financial reasons and everything came back just fine when I entered new billing info.

Mine was because the credit card expired (I paid it off and terminated credit card, so info was invalid to Playonline/SE). Curious how you did it. Did you just delete your pay account info or what? (I need to go back offline for several months myself...last one for me was simply a side-effect of CC account being invalid...)

regards,
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-29 13:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back in November after being away for a few years. All I did was deactivate the Content IDs when I left.... Everything was still there and I didn't have anything to worry about.
 Asura.Subzorro
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-29 13:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeya!!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-10-29 13:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply