Forum » FFXI » General » Fix your game SE
Fix your game SE
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-28 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always interesting when people fall back on the "luas/addons make this game more enjoyable, I wouldn't be able to play without them" rebuttal, when they were already playing this game long before these addons ever existed
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-28 14:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
'Gearswap' is too big an umbrella. If you use files that automate your gameplay, they're certainly capable of getting you banned. If you're just swapping gear, pretty unlikely. These threads are always the same FUD.

People who get banned pretty much always fall into one or more of these categories in recent years:

• Used speed altering software

• Used position altering software

• Used bidder or AH bot or similar to bid on AH too fast or too often

• 'Played' too many hours a day too often(probably botting, but if you legit no life it's possible you can trigger it i guess)

• Used more harmless addons, but talked about them openly

• language or behavior standards

I'm bolding this one. Some folks don't realize that if SE pulls your logs (because of an automatic trigger, or someone reported you, or your behavior triggered a flag on their end, these things can and often do trigger false-positives or just be outside of their view (given how much time may have passed). Don't be the guy/girl who gets banned for talking about third party tools, Tako, flee-hacking, etc. in game. Just don't do it. Don't even joke about it. If the person at SE banning you spends 5-10+ minutes looking at your logs and finds nothing offensive or noteworthy, I'm sure he's got a quota to fill, so this could be what gets you pinched. That is all.

Tin-foil hats are at the door. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
[+]
 Sylph.Shiriokumo
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shiriokumo 2020-09-28 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What’s the first rule of windower? Don’t freaking talk about it! SE stated that they don’t care about things like reshade in the official forums ( we won’t ask so you don’t tell) but when you start using things like tako anchor super warp, and ase openly and talking about it in in game chat channels you will get hosed and deserve its a risk you take breaking the tos, and you can’t blame them for it saying fix your game
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-28 15:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Don't even joke about it.

Haven't been banned yet, but I was standing in the crowd of primetime ambuscaders and did a /say //lua l hallmarkdupe followed by a "mt", and holy ***. I think EVERY person in Mhaura asked me where to get it. Ppl even found me on Discord and asked about it.

I wasn't aware of them checking logs so if I get banned it'll be for life with all the fake lua's I've loaded.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2020-09-28 15:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure you getting banned is fixing the problem at hand.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 15:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Haven't been banned yet, but I was standing in the crowd of primetime ambuscaders and did a /say //lua l hallmarkdupe followed by a "mt", and holy ***. I think EVERY person in Mhaura asked me where to get it. Ppl even found me on Discord and asked about it.

I wasn't aware of them checking logs so if I get banned it'll be for life with all the fake lua's I've loaded.
lol'd

gotta dupe them packets
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-28 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the best thing I have read here this month. Thank you lord Negan, I'd give you my wife if I had one.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-28 15:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol

Sometime ago I got help from people on ashita discord on how to deal with annoying /say, one of the annoying default mode in game. Unless for some light trolling, there is very limited uses, and surely dont justify being the default mode.

Now with this ***dealt, i dont need to bother anymore with those shameful mt... shame multiplied by the number of chars receiving the mispelled command.

I also once saw some rmt running a script with /buy acheron shield every 2 secs... but he forgot the “/“ in his script so figures
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-28 16:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked a long long time ago if there was a way to change the default from say just for that reason.

I do love a good *** up //lua command in say though, they're always great.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-28 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely tako related
By missdivine 2020-09-28 16:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

But Yandaime and Shiraj stated "No OnE HaS BeEn bAnNed FoR dEcAdES! yet i see similar topics every week.
By Draylo 2020-09-28 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a very accurate post, him and people he knew probably got lucky because I know plenty of people hit for using programs like that. That is probably the biggest case for some kind of automation in their suspensions in detecting these things.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-28 16:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally don't even know what /cm l is

But by default, I mean, default. Crash, log back in, it's set to /say by default. I wanted it to be set to /tell self or /party so if I forget to change it manually, there's no *** ups for everyone to see.

Like.... why does it go BACK to say, can't the damn thing remember it was set to party? Who uses say!? (very rarely)
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-09-28 17:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that most of the hax we enjoy aren't actually a problem with the game, it's just us being lazy.
With that said, I'd love it if SE were to make AH + nomad moogle accessible from anywhere in any town & remove the artificial delay from purchases.

anchor: knock-back is a bugged mechanic. Try using it to interrupt any enemy's action. 99% of the time it will finish anyway. Players are the only ones actually affected by it.

Petrify is also a bugged mechanic. Player casts break on an enemy, enemy gets hit and is no longer petrified. Enemy casts break on a player, enemy wails on player for a solid 30+ seconds w/o it being removed.

sellnpc: it'd be great if SE would add an option to "Sell All" where everything in your inventory that you've asked the price of would just get sold all at once.

react: enemies need a longer minimum delay for skills SE allows us to adjust for (stun or just turtle set). If they don't want us to prepare for a skill then just make it instant. There's already a bunch like that anyway.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-28 17:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So many people are sure that the superwarp leads to banning, but is that such game breaking to decide where we gonna warp through typed commands?

Why the native game dont allow such trivial stuff?
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 18:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
So many people are sure that the superwarp leads to banning

Pretty sure it was the abuse of it to warp to areas people shouldn't be able to that people are still on about, or the using it to move multiple characters at once that they can see are all from the same IP, etc.
By Draylo 2020-09-28 18:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with you, it probably throws up some type of flag that alerts their systems. People still think in this day that GMs are actually watching or even looking at anything, they literally do not care about this game. They probably have their system put peoples names on a list after a flag is thrown and then they are executed all at once by a worker at their office, making sure not to ban every single one or they would kill their game.

I personally don't trust Superwarps much or anything that automates an action.
By Draylo 2020-09-28 18:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I agree that most of the hax we enjoy aren't actually a problem with the game, it's just us being lazy.
With that said, I'd love it if SE were to make AH + nomad moogle accessible from anywhere in any town & remove the artificial delay from purchases.

anchor: knock-back is a bugged mechanic. Try using it to interrupt any enemy's action. 99% of the time it will finish anyway. Players are the only ones actually affected by it.

Petrify is also a bugged mechanic. Player casts break on an enemy, enemy gets hit and is no longer petrified. Enemy casts break on a player, enemy wails on player for a solid 30+ seconds w/o it being removed.

sellnpc: it'd be great if SE would add an option to "Sell All" where everything in your inventory that you've asked the price of would just get sold all at once.

react: enemies need a longer minimum delay for skills SE allows us to adjust for (stun or just turtle set). If they don't want us to prepare for a skill then just make it instant. There's already a bunch like that anyway.

They should add bidder and its function :/. That is my favorite addon
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-28 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

Idk if I’d call it lazy. I’d call it more... opportunistic or maybe “worn down”.

Literally everything in this game is made to waste time. From having to go to specific zones to use certain features of mog house, game day waits, slot machines considered as Npc’s, and menus that are extremely tedious and inefficient.

They want you to spend as much time as possible to do whatever it is your doing because that’ll keep you subbed longer. Longer it takes to gear your character, change jobs, augment a piece of equipment the more money it is for them in the long run.

Unfortunately we’re all hitting 30+ years old with mortgages and kids and we don’t have the time or energy for that BS anymore. I wouldn’t call it lazy. It’s just that our priorities have shifted.
[+]
By Onimaru 2020-09-28 18:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not here to defend things like tako or other actual cheating tools, but ppl dissing on the OP for promulgating the use of windower and GS, things that only enhance gameplay and have no real setbacks, tend to be vanilla players who to this day haven't managed to cop a rema and can't go beyond doing a normal ambuscade rofl.

The game does need serious work by the devs and it's sad it has to be kept alive by hardcore players on YT and twitch who advertise the game for free only to get banned for their troubles like they were common RMTs.

TBH the devs need to do a public apology like the ones on XIV did for all the f'ups and inconsistencies and put some real effort into this one.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-28 18:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nah they don't.

they made the correct decision to move on considering how hard FFXI likely is to work with. should they give ffxi slightly more resources? yes, probably. but they made the correct choice in moving focus towards a new MMO and the subscription #s show this.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-28 18:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 18:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Onimaru said: »
TBH the devs need to do a public apology
lolno, really? Get over yourself. This is their game, they made the rules, anyone who breaks them should expect to be banned as a matter of when.
 Lakshmi.Notrooks
Xenocide
user: NotRooks
By Lakshmi.Notrooks 2020-09-28 18:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl dissing on the OP for promulgating the use of windower and GS

Hey, man. You seem a little confused about what's going on in this thread, so let me sum it up for you in a way you'll understand:

Hope that helps! God bless.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 19:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

***, I don't even bot but I gave up on Vanilla years ago.

I fully expect sellnpc to hit me, or one of the other stock addons, eventually.
By Felgarr 2020-09-28 19:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is funny. I lol'ed out loud. Worth the 3-day vacation at Mordion Goal. XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-09-28 20:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not here to defend things like tako or other actual cheating tools, but ppl dissing on the OP for promulgating the use of windower and GS, things that only enhance gameplay and have no real setbacks, tend to be vanilla players who to this day haven't managed to cop a rema and can't go beyond doing a normal ambuscade rofl.

The game does need serious work by the devs and it's sad it has to be kept alive by hardcore players on YT and twitch who advertise the game for free only to get banned for their troubles like they were common RMTs.

TBH the devs need to do a public apology like the ones on XIV did for all the f'ups and inconsistencies and put some real effort into this one.

You want the dev to apologize for enforcing rules you've agreed to? How entitled are you?

Quite honestly it does not bother me for anyone to use cheats up the wazoo, what does bother me is when
1. They whine about it when they get banned
2. They pretend they didn't do anything to deserve the ban
3. Because they need all these cheats to get to where they are, everyone else that are as good or better than them must be using cheats too
4. As with no. 3, pretending any content in ffxi need cheats to win
5. Thinking vanilla players can't do ***

As someone who has done aeonic/dynamis/omen/master trial with equipsets, I can tell you the game is fine to play in vanilla.

And if we're gonna weigh people's opinion basing on their remas, your is worth only 2/3 of mine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-28 20:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how as soon as the thread starts to die down...
[+]