It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 35 36 37
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 10:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Content

Streamers don't "create content" lol... what?

I feel bad for the guy, but come on.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-24 10:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a very narrow view of vocabulary Jet.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Promote content, sure.

Create it? No, not really.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 10:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You have a very narrow view of vocabulary Jet.

Quite the contrary, but I digress.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-24 10:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
As we reach ten pages of this, a few reminders:

- Stay roughly on topic
- The debate of vanilla vs. fully automated luxury grinding is fine, don't be insufferable about it
- Don't pile on people, especially ones who just lost characters. That sucks, so show some compassion, even if you think they're all cHeAtInG h4XX0rz

@Rooks, I think you should have a default reminder of "don't *** this up" triggered by a thread hitting x-pages in y-time. Because we don't do well starting around page 8 most times <3
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 10:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly am curious how more people don't get banned, but it will forever remain a mystery as SE prefers to keep it that way.

Honestly often think we're masochists.
By Aerison 2020-09-24 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You know, I once poked the Rooks on the nose once.

I did not like the results.

Just FYI.

Meh, I've no work to do this morning and nothing going on so I'm bored. If he wants to lay down the law with a topic ban or ban ban, because of a little banter. Well w/e...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I honestly am curious how more people don't get banned, but it will forever remain a mystery as SE prefers to keep it that way.

Subs, plain and simple.

Ban too many people, and your overall subs account takes a irrevocable hit.

Ban too few people, and people start using the worse of the kind addons and such, and run the risk of having their accounts compromised/stolen.

Got to keep it at the happy medium.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-24 11:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Felgarr said: »
All due respect, Ejinn has credibility for creating enjoyable content. He also deserves credit for helping a sizeable amount of the unwashed, non-technical masses understand concepts that are sometimes, over their heads.

Sadly, he got what he got. :(

At the same time, though, if his FFXI streams and videos became the most prominent modern showcase for the game it would cause issues. If I were a completely new or returning player looking into modern FFXI videos and found his stuff before anything else, it would seriously hamper my desire to (re)subscribe to the game.

Seeing someone using 6 accounts and tons of tools just to play the game would be off-putting if you weren't already an active player interested in multiboxing. A lot of people would be wondering if the game was so dead you could only play in that manner and wouldn't be willing to shell out 80+ bucks monthly. Not to mention all the effort setting it up and playing that way.

Even if that's not necessarily the case, a newb wouldn't know any better. A lot of them don't even know about the Trust system sometimes.

Yeah totally agree, this is a fair perspective. However, SE is going to host a public stream tommorow ...and obfuscate the entire chat window. So, to say the least, I'd rather be bombarded with Ejinn's content, than SE's, if I had to choose.

Last SE stream, much love to Sicycre and Okieeomi for their hard work, but they got really excited about taking the boat from Selbina to Mhaura....

Meanwhile, the last Ejinn stream I watched gave me confidence in building DD BRD (spamming Mordant Rime, to his Rudra's Storm/Twastar BRD) against the Windy Wave 2 Boss.

I'd fall out of my chair if SE did a Dynamis Divergence stream one of these days and discussed tips/gimmicks/strats.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 11:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Subs, plain and simple.

Ban too few people, and people start using the worse of the kind addons and such, and run the risk of having their accounts compromised/stolen.

every game developer ever has taken this mentality. it is not unique to SE. they want people to play the game, thus why temporary bans are issued first as well.
By ksoze 2020-09-24 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Felgarr said: »
All due respect, Ejinn has credibility for creating enjoyable content. He also deserves credit for helping a sizeable amount of the unwashed, non-technical masses understand concepts that are sometimes, over their heads.

Sadly, he got what he got. :(

At the same time, though, if his FFXI streams and videos became the most prominent modern showcase for the game it would cause issues. If I were a completely new or returning player looking into modern FFXI videos and found his stuff before anything else, it would seriously hamper my desire to (re)subscribe to the game.

Seeing someone using 6 accounts and tons of tools just to play the game would be off-putting if you weren't already an active player interested in multiboxing. A lot of people would be wondering if the game was so dead you could only play in that manner and wouldn't be willing to shell out 80+ bucks monthly. Not to mention all the effort setting it up and playing that way.

Even if that's not necessarily the case, a newb wouldn't know any better. A lot of them don't even know about the Trust system sometimes.

yeah personally i dont think new players hardly exist anymore, only returning ones or maybe friends of old players etc.

starting new will keep you on bg wiki and ffxiencl for a long time before watching videos on end game.

personally i love ffxi content on youtube by all ppl.

rua, logic, aerix (love your pup ones dude), cloudchief, gabemaru and other guys.

@aerix, you need to try the t4s
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-09-24 11:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The last ejinn stream i watched was yesterday and he showed people how to do the master trial exploit within 2 min of me watching, from clips. He did also say he was doing nirvana trials and maybe that was why (said so him self on stream), but he didn't shed more light on to if he really was farm boting off stream or if he was joking.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-24 12:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking the pic from STF actions shows clearly a “cap” on how many accounts are takens monthly. If we consider they are “honest” and actually do some investigation before taking measure (and not just turning on auto ban), then this is around 2500 accounts being taken care from 16 servers. With 22 days a month, thats like 7 accounts being banned daily from every server though most likely most of those are from assura (due to higher population).

During few months of 2020 they got below 1000, maybe due covid restrictions.

So this just corroborate with something i said before. Due spark/accolade nerf, there isnt dozen accounts running on ceizak, doing explicit boting. While we dont have more dozens new accounts daily being created/banned, STF still has their capacity of investigating and banning around 2000 accounts monthly.

So yeah, the curtain the botters and other could use is no more there. So, more chance to being banned now than it was before, that seems clear to me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 12:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Looking the pic from STF actions shows clearly a “cap” on how many accounts are takens monthly. If we consider they are “honest” and actually do some investigation before taking measure (and not just turning on auto ban), then this is around 2500 accounts being taken care from 16 servers. With 22 days a month, thats like 7 accounts being banned daily from every server though most likely most of those are from assura (due to higher population).
Don't forget about the "Return Home" campaigns too...
By Rips 2020-09-24 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding an earlier post of the CP bots not getting banned - they have special SE protection. The player base is so damn lazy to CP farm that SE knows these bots are crucial to keeping players in the game so that players can move forward and not just unsub.

That's my two cents anyway.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-09-24 12:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
THEY GOT MY BOY EJIIN NOOOOOOOOOOOO

This can't be true. Simon said Ejinn is a good guy with no ties to bots or anything questionable.

No idea who that person is but I've met my fair share of people who were thought to be squeaky clean but ended up proving people wrong.
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-09-24 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

Subs, plain and simple.

every game developer ever has taken this mentality. it is not unique to SE. they want people to play the game, thus why temporary bans are issued first as well.

Why not just make all bans temporary though. The permaban mentality they have is puzzling. A year ban is pretty deterrent IMO and they keep the player base.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lifetime records and lifetime bans are pretty stupid. Repeat offender is just going to make a new account anyway, it's pointless.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-24 13:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zombiemalphius said: »
Why not just make all bans temporary though. The permaban mentality they have is puzzling. A year ban is pretty deterrent IMO and they keep the player base.

temp ban a player who's addicted, they wait it out and go back to business as usual- maybe a tweak here or there to try and stay safe, maybe not.

perma ban a player who's addicted, that's a fresh new account, they still keep the player but now make them pay for a new character, not just get back their old one. Plus the added time to re-gear that character means more "guaranteed" months of sub fees.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-24 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE certainly has the legal high ground to ban any breech of the TOS.

but if anyone really wants to insist on vanilla client because of this, then I suggest you open your eyes, take a few breaths and try to wake up your brain and THINK for a bit.

SE has the legal Highground, but not the Moral Highground.

I got the itch to play FFXI again in 2015. I tried playing on a private server first. (Mostly because I was testing if my kids were interested enough to play it, and it wasn't a free 2 weeks campaign, they weren't all that interested because its a difficult game to get into.)

I really had fun multi-boxing on the private server though.
Moreso I wanted to play on the official servers again.

When I resubbed, though, I KNEW I would NOT play the game again without Windower.

There are so many tedious delays in the UI. billions of layers of menus. Poor support for gear swapping , which is a central game mechanic.... also the tedious syntax for typing commands, and Animation lock! How about having to cancel status effects to cast new ones?

There are just so many nuances that distract from actual gameplay and irritate the player.
Its nothing new. How many players would quit if they didn't have windower or Ashta?

SE has made SOME strides (very slowly) to improve the UI over the years... and they have been mentioned a bit earlier in the thread. ie Equipsets instead of just 6 lines of macros, and timers on buffs... but its really a case of too little and too late.

If Square Enix came up with a technical way to restrict 3rd party tools.. say and update to the client that had 100% great security and you COULD not use any 3rd party tools...

How many people would unsubscribe?
I would. Its just too cumbersome. SE would FIRST need to make a ton of QoL and game engine updates for that to fly.

As has been said many times, there are MANY things SE could do to track down and ban people. but they OBVIOUSLY don't.

It only stands to reason that they are aware of how widely used Windower and Ashita are. and as has been said, they put up with it.

OBVIOUSLY because the revenue stream would be gone otherwise.

They are NOT willing/able to update the game in a MEANINGful way for interface or say... Direct X 11~12, or the menu's etc...
but at the same time, they still want all the subscribers.

Does anyone disagree? Does anyone NOT believe that the game would be in SERIOUS trouble of ending completely, if they really could ban everyone using windower or ashita?

The game is in large part still alive BECAUSE of 3rd party tools.

With this premise, how can Square Enix have the MORAL high ground about fully enforcing player bans for 3rd party tools?

Square Enix has been Reaping the profits from those 3rd party tools. How many millions of dollars would they NOT have without the voluntary work of people making Windower and all the best addons?

How do you fix it and make it all straight and above board and clear? Well Square Enix would either need to upgrade the engine and UI so that no one would bother with windower. OR upgrade the ToS for some allowances and clarify the position.

Changing the ToS for that kind of flexibility is a murky legal battleground and expensive. Upgrading the game engine is EXPENSIVE.

so instead they reap the profits from 3rd party apps and ban the people they think might be harming the game while intimidating the rest of us to be wary what lines we cross.

I am not going to quietly tolerate criticism on the forums of those taking a morally condescending position to those who use 3rd party apps. The ToS is a legal agreement. Legal is not always moral. SE is being just as shady about it for their own profit.

SE is playing the same grey game. The players know it. SE knows it. Any other choice right now would mean no game. SE doesn't want that and we don't want that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2020-09-24 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

plus ejin has avoided the question of if he bots off stream pretty consistently so there's that

It's literally in my first post of the thread that I have never botted on stream or off or used tako or dupped. I haven't even played off stream for an extended time in the past 2 years.

Basic summery: I am an avid addon user, some more questionable than others, but none that have ever been confirmed to get anyone banned, but since I stream myself doing it, I probably get salty people reporting me and since the STF is actually looking at reports now.. no one is safe and quite possibly any win4 related thing got me banned for any imaginable reason.

And to be extra clear, I've said many times I deserve the ban. My only complaint is that a 15 year old strike is counting against me and that they aren't giving me a reason why.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

there's still no one saying that ffxi should be played vanilla though bro. i have not seen this argument by anyone on these forums.

if you can't figure out why distance is more acceptable than send or anchor then it's amazing that you got ffxi installed in the first place.

meant to reply to the wall of text but ejin replied inbetween and somehow it applies to both of you.

stop using anchor/crafts/superwarps/vw/send/enhanced gearswaps/anything that interacts with another screen without touching it. this is simple stuff
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-09-24 14:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blacklist said: »
This thread has made Asura Minidragon the most searched player on ffxiah..

Don't know why... Minidragon was on Bismarck
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Asura.Blacklist said: »
This thread has made Asura Minidragon the most searched player on ffxiah..

Don't know why... Minidragon was on Bismarck

You know why. They're dumb. And most of them are too new to know who they were.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-24 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Sylph.Zombiemalphius said: »

temp ban a player who's addicted, they wait it out and go back to business as usual- maybe a tweak here or there to try and stay safe, maybe not.

perma ban a player who's addicted, that's a fresh new account, they still keep the player but now make them pay for a new character, not just get back their old one. Plus the added time to re-gear that character means more "guaranteed" months of sub fees.

No dev permas someone with the expectation of another sale, else you would only have permas and permas more often.

Permas are always assumed to be a loss in revenue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-24 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think multiboxing is a pretty cool way to play. I only tried it a little on a private server, but it was alot of fun.

I don't think send or superwarp are a problem either. It takes alot of work to coordinate commands for multi-boxing.

The send command is just sending macros to multiple accounts. this has been around at least 10 years.

Superwarp is a bit newer, and it looks like the cheat aspect has already been patched.

Really those are QoL improvements specific for multiboxing.

I don't understand why people would be offended at multiboxing.

Botting would be annoying going to zones and having resources monopolized by drones. but multiboxing is a player subscribing and controlling multiple accounts. Send command doesn't offend me. its just centralizing macros which are built in.

Only time I've been annoyed by a multi-boxer is when the jerk comes in and steals an AoE farming camp and its just hard to compete with because he's using multiple players. Would be the same if it was a party doing it.

That was more a case of a jerk player than the fact he was multiboxing.

Also, if I were to multi-box on official servers, why in the world would I play on Asura?
granted, I'm already not on asura, but one reaons to multibox is to handle more content on your own without depending on other players. The other reasons would be the challenge and the ability to fully control the party and explore different party dynamics and approaches to fights.

all of which means lower population would be more advantageous to multiboxing imo.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-24 14:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, betting someone gonna just build another account just because the first one is banned is risky.

I, for one, am sure if any of my 6 accounta gets banned (and two were already temped), thats the end for me.

I do have some attachment to my chars, but also FFXI most often than not is more a daily chore than an entertainement. A push is all i need to move on.
[+]
 Asura.Dontclickme
By Asura.Dontclickme 2020-09-24 14:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

there's still no one saying that ffxi should be played vanilla though bro. i have not seen this argument by anyone on these forums.

if you can't figure out why distance is more acceptable than send or anchor then it's amazing that you got ffxi installed in the first place.

meant to reply to the wall of text but ejin replied inbetween and somehow it applies to both of you.

stop using anchor/crafts/superwarps/vw/send/enhanced gearswaps/anything that interacts with another screen without touching it. this is simple stuff

And you should stop using EasyFarm. Remember the few times in Escha-Rua'an that your bot was found parked across the map from where you set it up? That was me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-24 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dontclickme said: »

And you should stop using EasyFarm. Remember the few times in Escha-Rua'an that your bot was found parked across the map from where you set it up? That was me.
Haha.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-24 15:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, again: what is wrong with send?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 35 36 37