First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-08-09 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Hurl Anathema will mute you if you Silence them.

And I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but if you have blink/utsusemi on and one of the shadows eats it, your enmity spikes tremendously. If you get hit by the mute/poison/virus effect, then you lose some enmity.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-09 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Hurl Anathema will mute you if you Silence them.

And I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but if you have blink/utsusemi on and one of the shadows eats it, your enmity spikes tremendously. If you get hit by the mute/poison/virus effect, then you lose some enmity.

From my experience, it will always hit you with blink or not (dunno about utsu) but it can be blocked by other players if it hits them first. You can also run out of range.
By Nariont 2020-08-09 12:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Nerfing conduit is one thing barely acceptable but nerfing the BP is just obscene. Just delete the job or bring an entire new sets of buffs, as SE is clearly saying SMN shouldnt DD. So either being a gimp healer, gimp buffer or gimp debuffer.

Thing is they got this right with Odin/dyna with it just building heavy resistance on a BP being spammed, Dont get why they felt the need to go further and make it the next hit of the same BP that gets a heavy reduction
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-08-09 16:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So gonna post the mechanics and strategy I've used in my solo ambu video which hopefully helps lower populated servers beat it and help people low man if they don't have many people available.
In the video I only showcased Normal since I believe the majority of people will be able to do that low man much more than D. Imo, low manning D is considerably harder so I don't think it'll be worthwhile showing unless for bragging rights, idk. Sorry about long post, I just copy/pasted description.

Mechanics:

6 mobs, 3 dark affinity, 3 light affinity. The mobs that cast Wind, Fire and Thunder absorb light skillchains and the element that cast. Polar opposite with Dark affinity. They absorb darkness and the spells they cast.

The more of 1 type of "mode" you kill, the stronger that particular "mode" gets. In this video I killed only Warrior mode. The reason for this is because /nin Utsusemi makes the Warrior modes almost useless. However, if you notice in the video, I only silence the "Mage" mode AFTER Manafont has been used, that is why not a single Mijin Gakur goes off.

The mobs have a "Resist Sleep" job trait which is why Sleep sometimes gets resisted. Same thing happened with Silence, however, not nearly as often and obvious. This means that no matter how high your magic accuracy is, you can still get resisted on sleep, even with Elemental Seal and Stymie.

Strategy:

Buff up as normal, AAHM, Amchuchu, Yoran-Oran, Ulmia, Cherukiki trusts.
give all trusts Shell V for the initial pull. surviving the initial pull is the hardest thing about soloing this ambuscade to be honest. Trusts dying isn't the end, just makes it faster.

Saboteur + Spontaneity sleep 2/1 rotation on each mob and try Addle each mob you fight. I tried to be lazy on debuffs to show it's not the end of the world if you don't debuff them, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Any mobs that cast Fire, Thunder and Aero I try avoid light skillchains, and if the mobs cast Blizzard, Stone and Water, I then tried to make light as often as possible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-08-09 16:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
From my experience, it will always hit you with blink or not (dunno about utsu) but it can be blocked by other players if it hits them first. You can also run out of range.

it does not always land if blink is up
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-09 17:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

I noticed that too. If a shadow or blink ate them using Hurl Anathema on me. I got massive hate comparatively to if it landed. I wanted to mention it but I didn't know what was causing it.

As mentioned Blink can absorb it but it's just a chance to consume normally with Blink.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-17 07:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Pantafernando said: »
It seems geomancy -50% on debuffs, so youre better off on buffs bubbles.

Another indirect nerf from SE: for SMN, BP resistance, for GEO, geomancy resistance.

Noticed something interesting yesterday playing around on easy on SMN. Titan was consistently doing about triple the damage of siren, garuda, and ramuh. Not sure if it's something to do with being a single hit bloodpact or if they somehow missed nerfing the damage on it. Didn't have much time to test it. I'll try more stuff after work today.

SMN solo video on easy if anyone cares lol
YouTube Video Placeholder
The same bp nerf has been in effect since the cait sith htb and beyond. You have to wait 10 secs to do another BP after one goes off whether its your bp or another smn's it doesn't matter. Multi-hit BP's seem to share this the 1st hit will do full damage, the rest of the hits do 10%, single hit BP's like Spinning Dive and Mountain Buster do full damage because they are only 1 hit so yea its cuz they are only 1 hit.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-08-17 09:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

5ish min clear on VD with RUN, COR, BRD, SAM, RDM, WHM
Zerg all of the mamool ja down and silence the last one. This worked pretty good for us. Addle is very useful to prevent most of the damage this month since they fall over in a few seconds with enough fire power.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-08-24 10:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of shouts on my server from JP players recruting SMN's for Titan. Aside from their BP's doing more dmg, is there more to it I haven't seend mentioned on here?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-08-24 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Earthen_Armor

Makes it easier to survive the stronger nukes as more mobs die.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [259 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-10 07:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mage Mammajammas May Bump
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-10 08:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to surprise some folks, but listen.

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD use Naegling. Everybody Savage Blade. Cleared VD in 4 minutes.

Jot that down.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 08:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.
Not gonna lie wasnt this like the strat last time this was up lol
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-10 08:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

Yeah it was pretty close. Sakpata didn't exist last time, so we had used SAMs instead of WARs.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-10 08:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

Yeah it was pretty close. Sakpata didn't exist last time, so we had used SAMs instead of WARs.
Hell now with sakpata any DD that can use it should be fine. Hell with all the new gear it should make it super easy for anyone to do tbh.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-05-10 09:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much as long as Addle 2 is on and everything else is asleep this ambu was really easy. Your initial sleep may resist as they have resist sleep trait which I think was worked out as about 30%? Other than that it's easy, Naegling abuse is definitely not required.

If you want to run it "safer" or your support can't DPS for whatever reason you can also just silence the mob at 5% wait for it to hurl it's staff and then kill it with a ws quickly. Think we did this with 4 melee kills 2 mage kills and was like 6 minute kills to. Key this month is your RDM not sucking
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 09:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to 3 man this Ambuscade on VD last go round while mercing. The key is rdm. Dumb easy
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-05-10 09:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't remember from last time, but does Break land on them?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 09:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They are immune to break. Susceptible to gravity, bind, sleep, practically every other enfeeble. Silence then after manafont to lock them into melee mode.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-05-10 22:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty fun month that should allow many jobs to participate.

[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-11 06:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Brd sleep them? Or is it only Dark-based Sleeps?

Edit: No, Brd cannot sleep. Only Dark-based Sleeps.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-11 07:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

What does Smn do in this situation?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-11 07:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

Earthen Armor stacked with Scherzo and main healer.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-05-11 07:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

Can Brd not just do the Scherzo?
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-11 07:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/WAR/COR/BRD/RDM/SMN.

Jot that down.

Can Brd not just do the Scherzo?

Both stacked equal a cap of -95% dmg cut. The magic damage can be quite destructive in that battle, hence why Addle is extremely useful, and any mob not addled will most likely start to 1-shot people if left alive and engaged for too long.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-11 07:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Both stacked equal a cap of -95% dmg cut. The magic damage can be quite destructive in that battle, hence why Addle is extremely useful, and any mob not addled will most likely start to 1-shot people if left alive and engaged for too long.

What Baldy said. Maybe you could get away with no SMN this time around because of power creep, but last time we found a lot more consistency in the Scherzo/Ward stack.

Even with the SMN, we had gotten 4 min 30 second VD runs. Maybe a WHM doing the appropriate bar-spell for the mamool being engaged would be a decent replacement (so long as everything is Addled).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-11 07:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What Baldy said. Maybe you could get away with no SMN this time around because of power creep, but last time we found a lot more consistency in the Scherzo/Ward stack.

Even with the SMN, we had gotten 4 min 30 second VD runs. Maybe a WHM doing the appropriate bar-spell for the mamool being engaged would be a decent replacement (so long as everything is Addled).
Dont need smn tbh. Just take setup like war war cor brd whm rdm. Rdm goes in sleepga with elemental seal. Whichever mob don't sleep try again and have party jump on one same mob Rdm should frazzle 3 then addle 2 as its easier to land and put paralyze up. Rdm rotate that on every mob. Whm does healing and silence the mob as /nin to two 3 mobs to melee and other 3 stay mage mode. Whm/nin silence the mob when its in last 20% when it does manafont. Dont have to do double war could do war drg cor brd whm rdm. Make sure dd sub ninja. Savage blade spam and its gg.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-11 13:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone always trying to can the smn ; ;.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-05-11 13:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Everyone always trying to can the smn ; ;.

Because SMNs are dumb and so is SMN burning.

Now, the best strat is to give everyone a Naegling and Savage Blade...

/Sarcasm
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

... What if they put SMN on naegling...?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7