Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-28 23:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
v2 looking great! Thanks for this!

For those that overlay the original party list, what do you use to display your current target?
This too, though IDK if I trust the developer ;)

Focus Target
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-01-29 03:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha, touché.
[+]
By Virlym 2023-01-29 07:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is fantastic, pretty much added/fixed all that was missing from the original release. Thanks alot for this!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-29 13:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Is there a way for layout ffxi2 to align better with a smaller party? I need it in this position to show a full 6, but when only 3 it looks a bit odd:
//xp alignBottom
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2023-01-29 16:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the new things that were added with this new version and the coding makes it easier to edit things as well. The mouse over is pretty nice! I took a layout I was working on with the older version and applied it to this new version.

I have no clue how to write code in lua, but I can read and understand most of what is going on. Is there a way to code the tp bar image to change colors like the text for the bar is written to? Basically make it so the <tpfullcolor> setting works for the tp bar as well as the text? My current layout used the nameplate as the tp bar and I would like the bar to be dulled out until tp is ready, then turn blue like it currently is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tylas
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tylas11
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2023-01-30 18:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
Is there a way to code the tp bar image to change colors like the text for the bar is written to?
Yea that's possible but it's a bit too much to explain here if you don't have much coding experience. I'll see if I can cook up a solution for you in the next few days.

Nice custom layout by the way, that TP bar as the background is neat!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2023-01-31 05:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

/sadface for not being part of the team/party.
By Dodik 2023-01-31 09:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice mod, quite unstable at least for me so will keep with vanilla party list :D
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2023-02-02 03:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to code the tp bar image to change colors like the text for the bar is written to? Basically make it so the <tpfullcolor> setting works for the tp bar as well as the text? My current layout used the nameplate as the tp bar and I would like the bar to be dulled out until tp is ready, then turn blue like it currently is.
I implemented this behavior for you. Keep in mind though that it will affect all layouts, as the feature is not configurable.

Replace the following files with this new code:
uiStatusBar.lua
uiBar.lua

It will only change the color of the bar image itself at the moment, if you want the bar background or foreground to be changed as well uncomment the lines in uiBar:setColor().
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2023-02-02 15:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Works perfect! I'm still adjusting colors and such but hopefully I'll have a public version soon for those that want it.

[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-02 19:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What a shame youre using someones hard work to play on a pirated lame private server. Only later to make videos saying its your design lol. Then not even crediting the original creator with a link to their stuff or name.

Dodik said: »
Nice mod, quite unstable at least for me so will keep with vanilla party list :D

It would help if you say what is unstable about it. Seems to work perfectly fine to me.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2023-02-02 23:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably actually watch the videos instead of trying to create false drama everywhere you go. I said it multiple times that I didn't make or code the addon, nor do I take credit for doing so and all the information and credit for the original addons creators is still in my layout download. I even made a point to show the credits for the creators in the video. I also stated that I did very little as far as changing what was actually used, but I did redesign the background and bar images... So, yeah, kinda my design lol. The new version I'm working on will include that same info. I released my layout because people bug the ***out of me daily for it. But go on and continue your thing Draylo <3

I paid SE for 15 years and I still pay them an active subscription for both FFXI and FFXIV to this day, even though I no longer play FFXI retail. I'm still supporting your devs. Take your hateboner elsewhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-02-03 15:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I paid SE for 15 years and I still pay them an active subscription for both FFXI and FFXIV to this day, even though I no longer play FFXI retail. I'm still supporting your devs. Take your hateboner elsewhere.
A sub to 14? wHy dO YoU hAtE fFxI!?
[+]
By Tathamet 2023-02-04 19:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easy way to recreate something like this for a less than full ally? Basically I'm looking to fill all the empty space regardless if the alliance is full or not. Crude MS Paint mockup:

It looks less great when the alliance is anything other than full.

<3
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-02-04 20:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

are those icons in the folder already or are those changes you made? if so can you link them?
By RadialArcana 2023-02-04 20:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still supporting your devs.

They are your devs too, private servers aren't creating anything new. Anything that is added to a private server is coming from them too. For example mog wardrobes.
[+]
By Tathamet 2023-02-05 02:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
are those icons in the folder already or are those changes you made? if so can you link them?

They're ffxiah's job icons.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/83/jobs/

Right click, save as, name them whatever the matching name was in the XivParty>assets>jobIcons folder.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-05 02:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It would help if you say what is unstable about it. Seems to work perfectly fine to me.

Loaded it up, did 'xp setup', moved stuff, tried to unload plugin, POL crash.
By epta 2023-02-05 03:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The new ones looks great! Good job Tylas <3

I was wondering however if it is possible to get the ffxi2 layout to include the job shortening with it's lvls (like in ffxi layout).

thanks alot!
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2023-02-05 15:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

epta said: »
I was wondering however if it is possible to get the ffxi2 layout to include the job shortening with it's lvls (like in ffxi layout).
I had no idea where to fit it in that tiny layout, but you can easily try yourself. Copy the <txtJob> and <txtSubJob> nodes from the ffxi layout XML to the ffxi2 one and play with the positions and sizes to make it fit. Make sure you paste it inside the <listItem> node, right below </txtZone> should be fine.

Dodik said: »
Loaded it up, did 'xp setup', moved stuff, tried to unload plugin, POL crash.
Never experienced a crash myself, but if you run a lot of addons the game might run out of RAM due to a memory leak in Windower (probably) and the fact that it can only utilize up to 1GB by default. When this happens, the game can fail loading areas after zoning and you just see characters on a black background. You can try patching pol.exe with this 4GB Patch tool, I havent had the issue since I applied this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-02-05 15:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
Asura.Haxetc said: »

They're ffxiah's job icons.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/83/jobs/

Right click, save as, name them whatever the matching name was in the XivParty>assets>jobIcons folder.
I love this! THANKS!

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2023-02-08 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
Is there an easy way to recreate something like this for a less than full ally? Basically I'm looking to fill all the empty space regardless if the alliance is full or not.
You would need to make a small code change to achieve this. In uiPartyList.lua replace line 171 with "local rowCount = 6". I'll see if I can add a configuration option for this later on. Edit: It will still hide a completely empty party though.

Been getting some insane stuttering and framedrops in cutscenes/npc interactions with this loaded since I started using the ffxi2 layout, mostly when there are people in alliance which is smoothed out as soon as I unload it, any ideas?
I tried the layout with a full alliance of players and didn't notice any performance spikes. Can you give me a few more details how it happened?
- What kind of NPC interactions? Any NPC or those that take you into a cutscene (like the Vagary thing in Leafalia)?
- Did you have the addon set to show or hide the UI during cutscenes?
- Does it happen with other layouts?
- What CPU do you have?
- What framerate are you running the game on (config plugin)?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2023-02-08 14:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for getting back to me! Set to hide during cutscenes, happened especially bad at the vagary NPC when turning in my KIS. I'm on a Ryzen 7 2700X and running 60 FPS (altho using FastCS too)
Hmmm it seems the problem is related to FastCS. It uncaps the frame rate during cutscenes which causes XivParty to update more often as well. It updates every frame and although I have taken measures to minimize the performance hit, at 300 fps the one CPU core the game can use will cap.

I don't see an easy solution for this at the moment, other than dropping one of the two addons.
[+]
By Slowforever 2023-02-08 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Works perfect! I'm still adjusting colors and such but hopefully I'll have a public version soon for those that want it.

umm wow this looks great, maybe my wife will be tricked into playing 11 now... Ill have to hide the loading screen,,,
[+]
By Sockfoot 2023-02-08 18:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tylas said: »
Thanks for getting back to me! Set to hide during cutscenes, happened especially bad at the vagary NPC when turning in my KIS. I'm on a Ryzen 7 2700X and running 60 FPS (altho using FastCS too)
Hmmm it seems the problem is related to FastCS. It uncaps the frame rate during cutscenes which causes XivParty to update more often as well. It updates every frame and although I have taken measures to minimize the performance hit, at 300 fps the one CPU core the game can use will cap.

I don't see an easy solution for this at the moment, other than dropping one of the two addons.
Using a sleep or schedule? Never been a big fan of prerender for that reason, though it does still live in a few of mine from before.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11