Link | Quote | Reply

time to update my layout!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-26 19:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you - I really love this addon and appreciate the dedication you put into it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-26 19:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

works well, definitely need to change the opacity for the background to hide party bar better. Buffs start to run out of the screen tho.

Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-26 19:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm, just saw the alignRight setting
 Carbuncle.Razziel
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-27 02:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you know what'd be usful now.... that party lead dot... I had a disconnect and didn't know which of my alts had lead after that... had to check through the party menu.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
Server: Asura
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-27 13:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In the settings.xml I see the rangeIndicator which I have set to flute range, but I don't see where to add/change the second distance I think "rangefar" define distance option.

Can I add it into the settings file as <rangeFar>#</rangeFar>?

Thanks a ton for adding it btw.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tylas11
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2020-09-27 16:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Panasync said: »
In the settings.xml I see the rangeIndicator which I have set to flute range, but I don't see where to add/change the second distance I think "rangefar" define distance option.

No need to mess around in the settings.xml, just use the in-game command. Like for BRD it would be "//xp range 10 20".
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-09-27 16:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

One step closer to making ff11 into ff14.
[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-27 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tylas said: »
Asura.Panasync said: »

No need to mess around in the settings.xml, just use the in-game command. Like for BRD it would be "//xp range 10 20".

Thank you kind sir.
 Odin.Genesiis
Server: Odin
user: Genesiis
By Odin.Genesiis 2020-10-15 04:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

the last update is working well with what I was trying to do, thank you for the hard work. only missing the party leader dot and it will be perfect.

By Nishida 2020-10-15 20:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
works well, definitely need to change the opacity for the background to hide party bar better. Buffs start to run out of the screen tho.

How do I get the background to be right aligned like this? I was able to set buffs/zone name as right aligned, but not bg. I tried flipping the bg files horizontally in an image editor, but this causes it to be offset for some reason.

Odin.Genesiis said: »
the last update is working well with what I was trying to do, thank you for the hard work. only missing the party leader dot and it will be perfect.

Is that Enemybar addon for the target bar over top of the party frame? If so, how did you get it to look like that? Stock Enemybar looks way different
 Odin.Genesiis
By Odin.Genesiis 2020-10-15 21:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yep using this version of Enemybar , I just couldn't find how to show the HP% on the bar.
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-10-16 03:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yep using this version of Enemybar , I just couldn't find how to show the HP% on the bar.

A simple method would be to change line 357 of gui_settings.lua
Code
t_text = texts.new('${name|(Name)}', text_settings)

to
Code
t_text = texts.new('${name|(Name)} (${hpp|(100)}%)', text_settings)

I modified it to fit the style of xivparty also :)
By Nishida 2020-10-16 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice looks good. Thanks
 Odin.Genesiis
By Odin.Genesiis 2020-10-17 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruzaki said: »

A simple method would be to change line 357 of gui_settings.lua
Code
t_text = texts.new('${name|(Name)}', text_settings)

to
Code
t_text = texts.new('${name|(Name)} (${hpp|(100)}%)', text_settings)

I modified it to fit the style of xivparty also :)

thanks! that's all what I needed
By Nishida 2020-10-21 22:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like we need:

Party leader indicator
Indicators for swapping party lead, etc (arrow)
Level sync indicator

Awesome work though, I love it.

I wonder..is there a way to cause an addon to hide the in game party menu? Probably not but that would open up options with background transparency etc.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 06:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just incase anyone wants the original icons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FkGmELfTx-jn5BLrRa1i4WpolvQM5Fl-/view?usp=sharing

They are BMP, so you might have to change them to PNG (or just change the file extension to png) or whatever.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-10-27 18:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. But how do Imove this to the bottom right corner?

I Dl'd it off github, trying to look for how to fix it up. But not sure where all functions for it are. The files inside the folder all look like chinese to me, lol.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2020-11-05 13:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. But how do Imove this to the bottom right corner?

Type "//xp move" in the game chat and then grab the addon with the mouse and drag it where you want. You should check out the readme on github, it has a list of all available in-game commands.

Also if you want to use it in the bottom right corner, you will have to edit the layout xml files so buffs appear on the left side or they will get cut off. The readme has a guide for creating custom layouts like this.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-11 14:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so, I downloaded RadialArcana's .BMP Status Icon pack just above this post and when converted into PNG, they all lost their transparency. Even if I edited XIVParty to load .BMP files instead of .PNG files, nothing changed. This is when I decided to manually edit every single Status Icon myself and add transparency by force. I think this is the only collection of FFXI's original Status Icons in PNG format (that preserves transparency) that can be found, or at least as far as I'm aware anyway. This was all entirely done using the program Aseprite and by hand. I don't share anything online ever, so if the DL link to my drive isn't working properly, just click the download icon on the top right. I don't know how you whippersnappers get it to automatically download for you. Here you go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WiaObR1PGOtBgcbGNuXmU6ueMPEc5Mhi/view?usp=sharing

Example of an edit I made. Before (Left) and After (Right).
Theres a few others that received the same treatment.

NOTE: The process of exporting Status Icons from their .DAT file location and into .BMP files corrupts Seekers of Adoulin era Status Icon textures. The few that were corrupted were unsalvageable, so I simply just left the current Icons being used by XIVParty in the folder. There's around 25 or so Icons from the Seekers of Adoulin era, but there's also 615 of them that aren't, so those I did edit. I even spent some extra time to fix alignments, add very subtle cleanups and some of them even have been enhanced to improve readability (see above). Hope you enjoy them and that this helps somebody.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-12 19:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the Status Icons, I've been messing around with the Cursor Icon and have tried to use a custom animated .GIF Cursor but I can't figure out how to get XIVParty to display a .GIF file. Is this possible at all or am I wasting my time with this? Changing the file extensions in the layout lua does nothing, it still just displays a white box instead of the .GIF.
 Asura.Carissmera
By Asura.Carissmera 2020-12-17 00:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice addon, just a couple questions, though.
Is there any way to make it stay on screen between dialogues? I'm having the same issue with enemybar in getting it to stay on screen when using macros.

Is there any way to latch enemybar onto the top on the party list?
By Aricomfy 2020-12-17 01:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carissmera said: »
Nice addon, just a couple questions, though.
Is there any way to make it stay on screen between dialogues? I'm having the same issue with enemybar in getting it to stay on screen when using macros.

Is there any way to latch enemybar onto the top on the party list?

For Enemybar, you want to go into the data folder and the settings.xml file.
Make sure your settings at the top look like this:
Code
        <macroBar>
            <altKey>0</altKey>
            <ctrlKey>0</ctrlKey>
            <hide>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </hide>

It'll stop it from moving and hiding when using macros.
By Lobivopsis 2020-12-22 07:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going to have an enemy bar please consider something like this:

This is super useful on for example Omen bosses where it is very very important to know it's distance and exact HP% at all times.
By Rive016 2021-01-15 17:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so I am a tad touched when it comes to this lua stuff! I am trying to make it where the buffs are in front of the name D:! Didnt see where to change it thanks!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
By Ixchell 2021-03-26 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, thank you for the addon, its really very nice and useful, i have a question:

When you have many improvement icons, they form a large line that comes out of my screen, I would like that instead of seeing a single line of 20 icons, there were 2 of 10 each, one below the other, is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2021-03-28 11:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
Besides the Status Icons, I've been messing around with the Cursor Icon and have tried to use a custom animated .GIF Cursor but I can't figure out how to get XIVParty to display a .GIF file. Is this possible at all or am I wasting my time with this? Changing the file extensions in the layout lua does nothing, it still just displays a white box instead of the .GIF.
To my knowledge windower does not support GIFs. If you want to animate anything, you have to code the animation manually in lua.

Asura.Carissmera said: »
Is there any way to make it stay on screen between dialogues?
There is no configuration option for this. If you want to make it always stay on screen, edit xivparty.lua and remove the whole "windower.register_event('status change'..." function.

Rive016 said: »
ok so I am a tad touched when it comes to this lua stuff! I am trying to make it where the buffs are in front of the name D:! Didnt see where to change it thanks!
You will have to edit the layout XMLs for this. In the buffIcons node, set alignRight to true, set a fairly large negative X offset and play with the wrap numbers until it fits your needs.

Ixchell said: »
When you have many improvement icons, they form a large line that comes out of my screen, I would like that instead of seeing a single line of 20 icons, there were 2 of 10 each, one below the other, is that possible?
The game supports up to 32 buffs at the same time and I'm already wrapping them into a 2nd row after 19 icons. Sadly there is no space to make a 3rd row.
You could make the first row wrap earlier by editing the layout XMLs and changing the buffIcons.wrap value. However the 2nd row would then eventually become much longer.
Your best bet is to just filter some buffs via the in-game commands.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2021-03-28 11:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The news of development being abandoned has been greatly exaggerated!

Version 1.4.0 is out now!

I've added indicators for party / alliance leader and quartermaster as well as a nice glow effect when the bars move.
Doesn't seem like much but it was quite a lot of work to get the details right.

All the refactoring in this update will be the ground work for adding the alliance members to the UI at some point. That's the last big feature I had planned before considering this add-on complete. To be released soon™...
[+]
By Ixchell 2021-03-29 00:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tylas said: »
The game supports up to 32 buffs at the same time and I'm already wrapping them into a 2nd row after 19 icons. Sadly there is no space to make a 3rd row.
You could make the first row wrap earlier by editing the layout XMLs and changing the buffIcons.wrap value. However the 2nd row would then eventually become much longer.
Your best bet is to just filter some buffs via the in-game commands.

Tysm for the answer, I hardly have more than 20 icons active at the same time so I wanted to reduce the lines, I have already modified this line of the layout.lua:
layout.buffIcons.wrap = 10 --wrap buff icons to a second row after this many icons (max 32 icons displayed)
but it does not seem to work, the 19 icons per line continue to appear.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2021-03-29 05:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ixchell said: »
Tysm for the answer, I hardly have more than 20 icons active at the same time so I wanted to reduce the lines, I have already modified this line of the layout.lua:
layout.buffIcons.wrap = 10 --wrap buff icons to a second row after this many icons (max 32 icons displayed)
but it does not seem to work, the 19 icons per line continue to appear.

You need to modify the value in the layout XML files (like layouts\1440p.xml). The layout.lua only contains default values which are overridden by the XMLs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11