Maiden Of The Dusk - Tips?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Maiden of the Dusk - Tips?
Maiden of the Dusk - Tips?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-25 20:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I've had a few runs where my trusts get demolished as soon as I engage. I've seen AAEV die before I could even get my first Torcleaver off.

This sounds like the outside gyves shooting on you. Sometimes those shootings are harmless, others they can really hurt
By Shichishito 2020-07-25 20:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

its a general problem of the trust AI when they have just been summoned that they focus exclusively on a buff pattern like putting up shell, protect and stuff.
if the mob starts out with a devestating combo and you are desperate for a cure the trust AI doesn't give a damn befor they are done with the buff routine.

its not just vs lilith, seen it happen at the start of avatar fights or even odyssey fodder.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-25 20:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I've had a few runs where my trusts get demolished as soon as I engage. I've seen AAEV die before I could even get my first Torcleaver off.

This sounds like the outside gyves shooting on you. Sometimes those shootings are harmless, others they can really hurt

When it happened, it literally happened within seconds of engaging. I don't even think the gyves had time to pop lol.
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-25 23:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are able to put shell 5 on your trusts before you engage it helps a ton.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [147 days between previous and next post]
By Tongy 2020-12-19 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6wXawVPFRw

Use: (In that order)
Amchuchu
Koru-Moru
Ajido-Marujido
Cherukiki
Yoran-Oran

AA EV is better ar surviving, but Amchuchu is better at holding hate (AA EV uses flash only, Amchuchu uses flash and provoke)

When you start the fight, try to pre position in a spot that will hit only Amchuchu, Koru-Moru might be close but its ok.

Build 3000TP while Amchuchu gets hate, Nat. Meditation + Berserk, then spam CDC to make light SC.

Once Amchuchu loses hate, turn back and let her flash/provoke, at this point you should be trying to stay in the center to avoid being hit by the gyves, pre position as best as you can so the knockback effect puts you in a safe spot.

After Amchuchu recovers hate, keep spaming CDC till she dies.

Note: try to play it safe, fatal allure (charm) its a gaze attack, thats why you try to let Amchuchu tank most of the time if possible, also pay attention to dread spikes, what i do is spam magic barrier when i see dread spikes so i dont hit her by accident.
[+]