First Page 2
 Remora.Warbringer
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Valkyr
By Remora.Warbringer 2009-10-22 14:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello to all the readers,

I am thinking of changing server. Currently my home is located at the Remora server.
I find that this server has to much Astral Flow Burn parties and backstabbing people on the server.

I was wondering if people could give me their opinion about their current server.
In other words, how do you experience behaviour of the people on your server, how are the NM's camped,
are there enough linkshells for endgame events, and how much do they AB in there.

I know you cant ever really say 'this server is better then xxxx server', but I am just trying to get
a couple of replies in here which might help me decide what server would be best for me and a couple of
my close friends.

I hope you guys will leave a reply!

Thanks in forward =3

Good evening :P
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2009-10-22 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please do not come to Caitsith.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-22 14:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor is nice and quiet.
[+]
 Remora.Warbringer
By Remora.Warbringer 2009-10-22 14:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor is a nice name to lol =^_^=
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-10-22 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn r burns here too, fking lazy ppl hurry to 75 and have lvl 10 skills. I think its bad everywhere, r population has dropped 70% since i started. If im lucky on the weekend we might break 2k.

IMO save ur money and just stick it out, if ff14 dosent kill this game there wont be much left.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-22 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander's a cool place, and has a cool name!
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-22 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph is quiet as always... There are a few Smn burns but i don't notice much of them really, you won't get a server that doesn't do them.

It's not a large server and there are many huge endgame linkshells such as Iizerg, Symbiosisx and few little linkshells which do maybe one or 2 events.

There are jackasses on the server though which are idiots like Tebian and such who like to intervene in rl but they are easy to avoid.

As for NM's i'm not personally as NM camper but obviously they are camped but it really depends what NMs you want to know about.

Other then that sylph is a nice small server with alot going for it :P
[+]
 Pandemonium.Wickster
Server: Pandemonium
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-10-22 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on over to Pandy! It's where it's at!
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-22 15:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandy needs moar players! They like fresh meat too.
[+]
 Remora.Warbringer
By Remora.Warbringer 2009-10-22 15:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

suck I cant merge my 3 accounts lol... now I will server change with my main, and leave 2 unused till end of time lol.
75 SAM, NIN, RNG, WAR and a load of other jobs lol lol oh well =^_^= to bad I cant trade them to SE for gil or something whaha! xD

Thank you everyone so far for your reply's! ill check again later if more people posted their toughts :D
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-10-22 15:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you bringing this pleasant personalty with you?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5504

Lilbusta said:
Pandy needs moar players! They like fresh meat too.

I get the feeling Lilbusta will endorse any server that isn't Ramuh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-22 15:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say any server, but save the one I'm on for last.

War wants a quiet server so you start with the ones that aren't as populated.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-22 15:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come to Asura, the drama here will eat you up.

Plus, we are too lazy to do Astral Burns. You have to have a 75 PL but they want either gil or exp, and they charge like 1 million gil per run or so.
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-10-22 15:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I never hear about astral burns.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-10-22 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like lakshmi. :) I would say come here. For the most part people are friendly. I know one of my friends left cerberus. so i wouldn't suggest going there lol i don't have any experience with other servers. but from what i can tell. lakshmi isn't exactly quiet, but i don't think it's a giant server or anything? i just know it's not empty. i do hear the prices are higher than a couple other servers, but i can't say for sure. i don't really notice personally.
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-22 16:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Warbringer said:
Hello to all the readers,

I am thinking of changing server. Currently my home is located at the Remora server.
I find that this server has to much Astral Flow Burn parties and backstabbing people on the server.

I was wondering if people could give me their opinion about their current server.
In other words, how do you experience behaviour of the people on your server, how are the NM's camped,
are there enough linkshells for endgame events, and how much do they AB in there.

I know you cant ever really say 'this server is better then xxxx server', but I am just trying to get
a couple of replies in here which might help me decide what server would be best for me and a couple of
my close friends.

I hope you guys will leave a reply!

Thanks in forward =3

Good evening :P

Hello Warbringer,

I could only comment from my experiences with my server. In my humble opinion I feel that the player environment in Valefor is pretty mild, in a good sense. We have anywhere from 900~1300 people online during different times of the day.

It has been said that regardless of server, your experiences within FFXI rely heavily on the people you associate yourself with. Personally speaking, Valefor has its fair share of the HNM community, with a full spectrum of different types of personalities. Much like in real life, there will always be the person who you don’t want to have anything to do with; then again there will always be the really down to earth sweet person.

There is always discussion in linkshells about the activities and conduct of members of another. Words are sometimes exchanged at HNM camp locations; most of the time from the same people that you expect to say those types of things. As those types of behaviors are expected, most of the time they are tolerable granted that no one within your home linkshell enacts that type of unacceptable conduct towards you or another fellow member. Again it comes down to who you associate yourself with.

I have spoken to a number of my close friends regarding this and we have come to the conclusion that the relationships that you build in this game highly depend upon the nature of the relationship. When participating in a HNM shell, most of the time you are there on business, you part of a community who is set out to win. When the events are over, you have to ask yourself is repeated exposure to this type of environment for you? If not, perhaps seek a social shell just to unwind so that you are refreshed and ready for more HNM. Sometimes this helps with the daily grind.

I have been on this server since my introduction to this game years ago, and although I can say that the player population has changed for sure, I personally have made my own contributions with sharing a linkshell with other acquaintances that I have come to enjoy being around. I personally strive to try to maintain the Vana'diel that I have always known and loved.

Best of luck you to; I truly hope that this helps.
[+]
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-10-22 17:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

not fairy, i'm puller in KT :3
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-10-25 08:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay off of Cerberus.
 Cerberus.Arteus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-10-25 08:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i transferred to alexander myself, its nice and quiet not much drama etc etc
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-25 08:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I transferred to Gilga from Pandy. Pandy had too many thick headed people imo. Gilgamesh seems to be a laid back server full of opportunity and most of the people here are polite and respectful. The only real down side is alotta JP here are not too EU friendly and Auto-Translate seems to be too much work for them unless they need something. However the same ones are more than eager to jump in your auto if it is something they want/need. Seems the only time I see any auto from them is currency buying. There is a lot of French here also. But they seem to get along with everyone else just fine. It is a fairly decent drama free server. There is not 24-7 AFB like I hear on most servers so there is opportunity there also if thats what you are into.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-25 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda is too crowded, we don't need new players.
 Phoenix.Darkodin
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-10-25 10:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I server transferred from my original server Hades to Phoenix and i have to say it's a nice server. There's not that many hardcore endgamers like in Hades xD and the ppl are nice there. I've noticed there's a lot of europeans there too so i got lucky. The population seems to be big as well, usually 1.5k ppl during weekdays and over 2k in the weekends or JP time xD. Anyways hope you find a new server or another solution on your current server.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xedal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dalight
By Quetzalcoatl.Xedal 2009-10-25 10:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vawn said:
Are you bringing this pleasant personalty with you?
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5504

Good post, would read again.
[+]
 Alexander.Zylan
Server: Alexander
user: Zylanx
By Alexander.Zylan 2009-10-25 10:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander is really a great server. I started on Caithsith it sucked Bahamut had rude ppl and Fenrir u could barley find any help. I been on Alexander for almost 6 months now and i plan on staying on it. I created my own ls for missions and any help u need. if decide to come to Alexander. many helpful ppl on it and very friendly. Just enough ppl to get help and make parties and not overly crowded like Odin and Bahamut. Not mnay Astral Burn Parties either its kinda nice. :3 u find help very fast for things. only thing that is slow is finding Tanks for pts but i think that is everyones problem with servers due to the Lvl Sync system now. but other than that Alexander is really great. First day i was on i found help to get O hat and Assult Jerkin, and was sucessful in about 3 days :3 ive had 2 ls for missions and plently of End Game ls Recruiting that i also have a few u could join :3 if u decide to jump on Alexander give me a /tell im on pretty much all the time and if im not on there im on here :3
 Alexander.Hasiano
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-10-25 12:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Zylan said:
Alexander is really a great server.

it is, i started here and at times i have thought about leaving, but then i'd miss all the people i've met, some have helped me alot and i've done the same for them.
 Phoenix.Darkodin
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-10-25 13:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i retract my earlier statement about Phoenix having a lot of nice ppl xD, after being kicked from a pt earlier today for no apparent reason after DDing/Buffing/Helping sleep on COR for about 2 hours...Found *** again XD. The Alexander server comment looks nice tho xD that might be a good idea lol.
 Cerberus.Arteus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-10-25 13:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Hasiano said:
Alexander.Zylan said:
Alexander is really a great server.
it is, i started here and at times i have thought about leaving, but then i'd miss all the people i've met, some have helped me alot and i've done the same for them.

listen to the fat taru, he speaks wise words O.o;
 Alexander.Hasiano
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-10-25 14:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not fat, fighting on whm/nin just makes it look that way lol
First Page 2