New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster Questions
Beastmaster Questions
By Ermah 2020-06-26 01:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Thank you Fatigue for posting on my behalf while I tried to figure out how to post on here.

English is not my first language, so if words are off, I am sorry.

I have Pangu, not yet augmented but I am working on it. I also have Aymur, no afterglow yet, but I am working on it.

How do I use these two weapons appropriately? If I swap in Aymur for Ready attacks, do I get the full 1,000 TP Bonus or just 500 TP Bonus?

When will using Aftermath be better option than using Pangu?

Is the TP Bonus from the Kumbhakarna still the best option for an Off Hand?

I would like to melee with my pet, not just the slug, but the slug too. I have the Dolichenus, what secondary axe goes well with the Dolichenus?

Are the Skullrenders worth using, if so how do you appropriately use them?

What pet do you like to use when fighting these bosses with trusts?

Alexander

Odin

Cait Sith

Omen Bosses

Tier 3 - Zi Tah

Tier 3 - Ru 'Aun (Duke Vepar).

Thank you.

I am also having much trouble with LUA. I use the Beaztmaster Lua posted on the Killer Instinct Guide. It swaps in the Charmer's Merlin and the Desultor's Tassets but I only need one. Sometimes it takes neither and my cooldown is 15 seconds. Why is this? Is there way to fix this from happening?

The LUA also does not do many things I would like it to. There are many gearswaps I would like to change to so I may use melee combat, and pet combat and hybrid combat. I like to do many things like pull all the omen monsters in DT gear, then magic cricket do AoE damage then gear change to pet DT gear with easy button. Then I also like to wear gear to fight with pet, using mix of pet DT gear and TP build gear. It also does not have Pet magic accuracy gear for pet debuffs.

I then try to move to other LUA on Killer Instinct Guide. It is much complicated. There are many slots that I must input my own gear on, then it give me an error and I have to delete portion and it do many annoying things and give much headache.

Do you have a LUA that has more features than Beaztmasters, but less complicated than Falkirk's LUA that you can share with me? I try to write my own, but language barrier makes it very difficult and I try my best. Sometimes it work, but sometimes it give me errors and I'm unsure how to fix. I also do not understand how to add in set swapping. I play with controller and like to use macro to swap set with /console gs c command. But I do not know how to add in new swap types and new sets to previous swap types.

Thank you for the help. I have returned recently after many years away, I have only one friend so far and no linkshell I am attached to yet. I maybe have two friends now. I play solo much and I am not very social. Any solo advice you can give, I will appreciate.
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-06-26 02:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

~_~
By Ermah 2020-06-26 02:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

HyperKTM said: »
~_~
I do not understand that face, did I do something to upset you?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-06-26 02:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
HyperKTM said: »
~_~
I do not understand that face, did I do something to upset you?

There are a lot of people on this forum who hate Beastmasters. HyperKTM is one of them. Another one to look out for is Draylo. Just ignore them and wait for someone with a proper answer to your questions.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-06-27 03:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I think you got to use aymur on precast and midcast to get 1000 tp bonus, been a while since I been on bst, gonna have to fire up falkirk's lua to see how Aymur behaves.

2) Aftermath would prolly b good for prolonged fights like dyna W3 boss maybe. and maybe if you have a lethal Primal Rend set?

3) seen a lot of bsts use tp bonus khumbakarnas, so I assume it still one of bis pieces for ready moves which benefit on tp.

4)I've seen some sets on bst main thread where people use blurred axe, since bst tends to be somewhat multiattack gear starved.

5) SKullrenders are good for that sweet spur pet store tp bonus.

6a. Hmm if I still played bst I would go with something that hits hard, yet doesn't land a debuff on Alexander, so he wont retaliate with hp heal move maybe Razor fang from tiger.

b. Odin, not sure how bad he can be on VE-E as bst.

c. Not sure on this one, that pussy cat is deadly with her level ??? holy :/

d. Omen bosses all have different gimicks but I'm sure I've seen people use tiger on fu and Kyou, Kei seems out of the list unless you into that fireball MB life with your boy Patrick but then again he has high regen unless u keep it constantly SCed.

7 for zitah T3s I used to use the lizard to make fusions for BLM burn parties back in the day when we had no sch around. Good times! XD

Same goes for ru'aun, make those sweet fusions with patrick for blms to burst, or you can be cool as Beaztmaster and solo Vir'ava with grasshopper if you got the best gear and skills out there.

I'm pretty sure more hardcore bsts like falkirk, Xilkk or Beaztmaster can provide you with better information than I have, been ages since I played with bst!
By Ozaii 2020-06-27 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! If you would like i can share the lua i use. Its an edited falkirk lua to make meleeing easier on myself. Its probably not the most optimal but it makes sense to me. And if you would like help filling it out as well I can help with it.

As a headsup though it will be trickier to use toggles with the remote versus a keyboard but i am sure there is a way to fix that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This probably won't answer all of your questions, but at least a good chunk of them can be found on the Beastmaster main page. Between the sets and item descriptions, it will explain which pieces are BIS/Good alternatives for things. In your case, axes etc. Study that main page.
[+]
By Ermah 2020-06-27 19:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Hello! If you would like i can share the lua i use. Its an edited falkirk lua to make meleeing easier on myself. Its probably not the most optimal but it makes sense to me. And if you would like help filling it out as well I can help with it.

As a headsup though it will be trickier to use toggles with the remote versus a keyboard but i am sure there is a way to fix that.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, I would like to take a look at your LUA and try it out. Thank you much.
By Ermah 2020-06-27 19:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This probably won't answer all of your questions, but at least a good chunk of them can be found on the Beastmaster main page. Between the sets and item descriptions, it will explain which pieces are BIS/Good alternatives for things. In your case, axes etc. Study that main page.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have read the guide page. Some gear sets do not seem to be up to date, some are up to date. I just wanted to verify on the off-hand axe.

It also has many gear sets, but it does not have a playstyle guide.
By Felgarr 2020-06-27 20:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have read the guide page. Some gear sets do not seem to be up to date, some are up to date. I just wanted to verify on the off-hand axe.

My snarkiness aside, SE hasn't fully fleshed out BST yet. They ask us to fight with our pet as a DD with buffs from currently 6 jug pets. It's workable situationally but you will find that activating job abilities within 7-yalms varies based the size of your pet and your enemy. It's frustrating for me personally.
By Ermah 2020-06-27 21:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Hello,

My snarkiness aside, SE hasn't fully fleshed out BST yet. They ask us to fight with our pet as a DD with buffs from currently 6 jug pets. It's workable situationally but you will find that activating job abilities within 7-yalms varies based the size of your pet and your enemy. It's frustrating for me personally.

I can understand your frustration. I do not care to be the best at a certain role. I just enjoy how the job functions as a whole in the game. The theme is enjoyable to me as well. I play solo many years and I have made it very far, and now that I have return I want to play with other people and if I play with other people I want to be the best that I can be, which doesn't mean I have to be the best that there is.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-28 01:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually wrote a BST play style guide like Spicyryan's BLU one but I need to format it for BG-Wiki.

Hello,
I have Pangu, not yet augmented but I am working on it. I also have Aymur, no afterglow yet, but I am working on it.

How do I use these two weapons appropriately? If I swap in Aymur for Ready attacks, do I get the full 1,000 TP Bonus or just 500 TP Bonus?

Pangu path C for pet/master idle DT. Pair it with either an old Magian Trials pet -PDT axe (I kept one of those for this) or a pet -DT axe like Digirbalag.

Aymur for precast/midcast Physical Ready moves. You don't need to afterglow it unless you are planning to melee with it.

Hello,

Any time you are zerging on BST.

Yes, for offhand physical Ready moves. For magical, dual Kumbhakarnas are best.

I would like to melee with my pet, not just the slug, but the slug too. I have the Dolichenus, what secondary axe goes well with the Dolichenus?

Depending on what I'm doing as far as offhand for Dolichenus. For party play with lots of buffs, STR/DA+3 Digirbalag. For solo/lowman, Blurred Axe +1. Kraken Club might be another viable offhand if you are rich.
By Ermah 2020-06-28 04:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
I actually wrote a BST play style guide like Spicyryan's BLU one but I need to format it for BG-Wiki.

Hello,

Pangu path C for pet/master idle DT. Pair it with either an old Magian Trials pet -PDT axe (I kept one of those for this) or a pet -DT axe like Digirbalag.

Aymur for precast/midcast Physical Ready moves. You don't need to afterglow it unless you are planning to melee with it.

Hello,

Any time you are zerging on BST.

Yes, for offhand physical Ready moves. For magical, dual Kumbhakarnas are best.

Depending on what I'm doing as far as offhand for Dolichenus. For party play with lots of buffs, STR/DA+3 Digirbalag. For solo/lowman, Blurred Axe +1. Kraken Club might be another viable offhand if you are rich.

Thank you for your answers! May I see your guide?

I would like to compare notes on different encounters since I am the only BST I have ever played with. I saw your comment on Fatigue's post about using Bug-Ridden Broth on Lilith but I do not understand why. Was the reason for the 50% DT to dark element?

I finished After-Glowing my Aymur just now! I am excited! I am definitely not rich anymore, between Pangu and the After-glow I have spent all of the gil I had saved since my last break. I am almost done with Malignance as well, just one more piece to go! If I were to use Aymur to melee with my pet, what off-hand would you recommend and how much of a loss would it be over the Dolichenus?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-06-28 06:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The immediate reason I could think of for you having trouble with ready timers is that SE "upgraded" bst a while back via nerfing them instead. Whatever gearswap you're using might have been made during the chaos that ensued from SE breaking bst and later trying to patch it back together.
By Ermah 2020-06-28 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent many hours tonight learning how to use Falkirk's LUA. I think I figured it out and I think I can make it work!

I do have question one! I like to use macros to cycle between sets. Is there a macro command I can use to emulate the F10 Key - Enter Defense Mode, as well as a macro command I can use to emulate the Ctrl F12 Key - Exit Defense Mode?

Thank you!

I think the Ready Command timer is correct at 10 seconds, but the PetCharges timer is not correct. There is much going on and I may think Ready timer is longer than it is because of PetCharges indicator.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-28 12:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your answers! May I see your guide?

I would like to compare notes on different encounters since I am the only BST I have ever played with. I saw your comment on Fatigue's post about using Bug-Ridden Broth on Lilith but I do not understand why. Was the reason for the 50% DT to dark element?

I finished After-Glowing my Aymur just now! I am excited! I am definitely not rich anymore, between Pangu and the After-glow I have spent all of the gil I had saved since my last break. I am almost done with Malignance as well, just one more piece to go! If I were to use Aymur to melee with my pet, what off-hand would you recommend and how much of a loss would it be over the Dolichenus?

Sadly my guide isn't formatted for the Wiki, and I'd like to go over a couple of sections again. Since I haven't been working out of the office my time is more limited lol. I know what you mean about being the only BST you play with. I had another BST in my LS but he's on hiatus, so when my LS runs pet strats now it's a bunch of PUPs and SMNs and then me as the lone BST. This forum is a good resource for doing specific fights as beastmaster.

Yes, the dark resistance is why I use Candy for Lilith. It's all dark damage and she can tank if needed, just beware Subjugating Slash or whatever it's called. I rarely run Lilith full solo, I have a COR and GEO, so Tickling Tendrils is able to hit 25-30k and tears Lilith up.

Offhand for Aymur? You could use Barbarity +1:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21707/barbarity-1

Absolute highest dps for Aymur mainhand is going to be this with TP Bonus +1000 from Trial of the Magians:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/19886/fernagu

The dps spreadsheet needs a few updates but I got Dolichenus about 10-15% ahead of Aymur/Mistral Axe last I ran numbers. However Aymur's AM3 lets you run full Malignance without much of a dps hit so that's a consideration IMO.
By Ozaii 2020-06-28 13:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How do i send files. I cannot seem to figure that out.Wanted to share the lua edits.

Also want to add in that the Aeonic weapon off handing a blurred knife does very well and is up there in damage for Bst but not bis, it is nice for when you don't want to use dolichenus but you also don't have the time to set up am3. However I feel like the Pangu path with the Occ atk twice off handing renuads axe will outperform the blurred knife and aeonic axe combo. But have not tried it yet to prove it or not.

Also sadly enough. Neagling is also a viable choice for damage off handing the 1k tp bonus sword but acc and tp gear need to be considered well along with buffs for that combo.
By Zyphira 2020-07-03 18:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Sadly my guide isn't formatted for the Wiki, and I'd like to go over a couple of sections again. Since I haven't been working out of the office my time is more limited lol. I know what you mean about being the only BST you play with. I had another BST in my LS but he's on hiatus, so when my LS runs pet strats now it's a bunch of PUPs and SMNs and then me as the lone BST. This forum is a good resource for doing specific fights as beastmaster.

When you do get around to it, I eagerly await your guide.