New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » LUA Request and Beastmaster Questions
LUA Request and Beastmaster Questions
By Fatigue 2020-06-23 11:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

My friend Ermah has returned to the game and I am posting on her behalf. She loves the Beastmaster job and it's the only job she wants to play returning. A bit has changed since she last played and she had some questions she requested I asked on the forums, as well as a LUA Request. She currently has an Aymur with no Afterglow as well as a fairly good gear setup for Attack and Magic Attack ready moves.

1. Does the Charmer's Merlin swap fast enough to not only apply the -5 second ready delay, but also apply a damage boost to the ready ability with a weapon swap? I ask because one of the two LUAs available on this forum doesn't use the Charmer's Merlin in it at all.

2. What does the afterglow for Aymur do for BST?

3. Does the aftermath of Aymur have a noticeable impact on pet damage to make it worth building up?

4. With the change to the buff mechanic of pets, what are the top pets you guys use for various situations? Is it still the cricket, tiger and lizard for most things or are there now better options?

5. She really wants to melee along side the pet, rather than sitting behind it spamming ready moves, is this now a viable way to play BST?

Thank you,

As for the LUA. She was really hoping for something inbetween the simple one Beaztmaster posted, and the other complex one on the guide page. If anyone has the time or enjoys creating LUAs I'm sure it's one she will use for years and definitely appreciate. If you're on Asura I can definitely compensate you for your time for making one, whatever you feel is fair.

Things she likes in a LUA:

• Pet DT, Hybrid DT, Master DT, Normal cycle for both Engaged and Idle.

• No Axe Swaps, Pet Only Cycle

• Auto-Equip Pet food on Reward.

• Auto-Detect for whether to use TP Bonus Gloves or +Attack Gloves.

• A "Killer favorable" cycle, that equips appropriate killer gear when toggled and a section to put that gear that is easily found. Also like "Auto detecting" when killer instinct is up and equipping the Nukumi piece.

• Charmer's Merlin on the Sub-Weapon for Precast, Same with the Pants.

• Job Ability specific pieces.

• Normal, Medium, High Acc cycle.

• Being able to Export gear and easily copy and paste it into the LUA, (The one on the guide she mentioned made it very hard and time consuming).

• Auto Equip Movement Speed Item when idle and moving.

• Lockstyle Roulette

• Weaponskill Sets

• Treasure Hunter Toggle

• Fast Cast, Midcast, Stoneskin, Cure Sets.

• Ready Skill sets, for Magic, Attack and Magic Accuracy.

Things she does not like in a LUA:

• Jug cycle, she prefers to use macros to equip jugs.

• Pet food type cycle.

• Regen, Reraise cycles.

• The F10 "enter DT" set that can only be broken with Ctrl F12 or some obscure key. Would much rather just have the whole thing cycle between Normal, Pet DT, Hybrid, Master DT.

• Single Wield sets

• The whole " -- AUGMENTED GEAR AND GENERAL GEAR DEFINITIONS -- " section.

• Resting, Regen, Refresh sets, Magic Eva MDT, PDT (Just DT is fine) sets.

• Over complicated things. Like tons of extra gearset cycles and buttons.

[/ul]

----------------------------

I'm sure it's a long shot, but if anyone helps with the LUA I'd greatly appreciate it and she will love it. Once again if you'd like some compensation on Asura, please let me know.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-23 12:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can answer the first one: you don't need the merlin anymore to get a 10s delay, just the ASA pants will do.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-06-23 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out falkirks guide if you get a chance. The guide has all those sets as well as a lua that will work with what you asked for. And you can see the epic artwork.

My most used pets are prob cricket for cleaving trash mobs. Sheep for things like omen where mobs already are having their defense debuffed pretty hard already. And for dyna i ussually run slug, however this only works because Mrgrim and I communicate when I am goanna def down everything. However if you wanna pet burn something going with tiger or raaz or something is fine I suppose. And there are many more pets to use for utilities just depends on your needs.

You can upgrade aymur if you wanna melee with it. Ussually aymurs the go to for your single hit ws like mistral axe or calamity. Neagling works if you want to use a sword and taurut if you wanna use a knife. Dolichenus is our current best melee weapon damage. All the ambuscade weapons listed work fine as kaja until you can make the pulse upgrade.

Also doubling back on the lua thing. Yes falkirks lua is actually a little tricky but look into the second lua he has on his page. That one should be a bit easier even for those newer to lua code. Also some of the things your friend sounds like she doesnt in a lua will be unavoidable unless she makes her own lua more than likely. But i do recomend the simpler lua on the guide based on what you requested.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-23 15:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

For pet-centric stuff, Aymur's AM3 is functionally similar to summoner's. You lock your weapons, put AM3 up, Familiar (Astral Flow), and Unleash (Astral Conduit) until the mob is dead. I've done this for Kirin, Warder of Courage, and HELMs. You use VivaciousVickie's Sweeping Gouge, which carries fTP like Volt Strike/Hysteric Barrage, and you really need Run Wild because she has a harder time capping attack compared to tiger. The issue that you'll run into now is that Ready moves have a severe forced animation lock. SMN can do about 3 blood pacts for every ready move we can do under Unleash, lol. Square over-corrected on their last BST update.

For master-centric stuff, aftermath is useful with like Malignance gear. You don't sweat your armor not having multihit because you're getting OAT/x3 from Aymur. Like Ozaii said, you'd use single-hit WS like Mistral Axe or Calamity with this build.

Quote:
4. With the change to the buff mechanic of pets, what are the top pets you guys use for various situations? Is it still the cricket, tiger and lizard for most things or are there now better options?

In standard group situations, GenerousArthur is still king despite pet/master buffs because Corrosive Ooze gives both offensive and defensive benefits to the entire party or alliance. And Purulent Ooze is very useful on Dyna-D NMs with their huge HP pools. I usually Unleash with slug on wave 3 boss to make sure I hit Purulent Ooze, then switch to FluffyBredo for the -MDB for our CORs/RNGs/RDMs, and also he can actually do a bit of damage.

Pet party or solo yeah, the cricket, tiger, and lizard are still very good. Boar can do great damage with a good pet multi-hit Ready set and you can keep her attack high/lower the mob's defense plus she's very tank-y. PonderingPeter for old content like Ein or Nyzul Isle. AlluringHoney for Lilith E solo/duo. Other pets can be good for particular stuff.

Quote:
5. She really wants to melee along side the pet, rather than sitting behind it spamming ready moves, is this now a viable way to play BST?

It's viable for some stuff, like I did Orc Ambu on Normal last month solo using melee'ing alongside my pet, but you'll have to lock your weapons and the pet is mostly good as a buff/debuff battery, because player buffs and pet buffs are separate. Sadly pet or master is more of an either/or rather than both at once.

The lua stuff, she's going to have to write her own. Falkirk's lua is good but I re-wrote a lot of it to match how I use my BST. Have not been able to get toggles working with his code, I also prefer those over keybind cycles. You could use his lua and do macros that simply switch modes to, for example, PDT or petMDT or whatever.
[+]
By Fatigue 2020-06-23 23:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Check out falkirks guide if you get a chance. The guide has all those sets as well as a lua that will work with what you asked for. And you can see the epic artwork.

My most used pets are prob cricket for cleaving trash mobs. Sheep for things like omen where mobs already are having their defense debuffed pretty hard already. And for dyna i ussually run slug, however this only works because Mrgrim and I communicate when I am goanna def down everything. However if you wanna pet burn something going with tiger or raaz or something is fine I suppose. And there are many more pets to use for utilities just depends on your needs.

You can upgrade aymur if you wanna melee with it. Ussually aymurs the go to for your single hit ws like mistral axe or calamity. Neagling works if you want to use a sword and taurut if you wanna use a knife. Dolichenus is our current best melee weapon damage. All the ambuscade weapons listed work fine as kaja until you can make the pulse upgrade.

Also doubling back on the lua thing. Yes falkirks lua is actually a little tricky but look into the second lua he has on his page. That one should be a bit easier even for those newer to lua code. Also some of the things your friend sounds like she doesnt in a lua will be unavoidable unless she makes her own lua more than likely. But i do recomend the simpler lua on the guide based on what you requested.

She has checked out the guide and as mentioned in the opening post, that lua has too many complex and unncessary things in it and it's very difficult to use, hence why shes looking for one inbetween that one and Beastmasterz.
By Fatigue 2020-06-24 02:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Quote:

For pet-centric stuff, Aymur's AM3 is functionally similar to summoner's. You lock your weapons, put AM3 up, Familiar (Astral Flow), and Unleash (Astral Conduit) until the mob is dead. I've done this for Kirin, Warder of Courage, and HELMs. You use VivaciousVickie's Sweeping Gouge, which carries fTP like Volt Strike/Hysteric Barrage, and you really need Run Wild because she has a harder time capping attack compared to tiger. The issue that you'll run into now is that Ready moves have a severe forced animation lock. SMN can do about 3 blood pacts for every ready move we can do under Unleash, lol. Square over-corrected on their last BST update.

For master-centric stuff, aftermath is useful with like Malignance gear. You don't sweat your armor not having multihit because you're getting OAT/x3 from Aymur. Like Ozaii said, you'd use single-hit WS like Mistral Axe or Calamity with this build.

Quote:

In standard group situations, GenerousArthur is still king despite pet/master buffs because Corrosive Ooze gives both offensive and defensive benefits to the entire party or alliance. And Purulent Ooze is very useful on Dyna-D NMs with their huge HP pools. I usually Unleash with slug on wave 3 boss to make sure I hit Purulent Ooze, then switch to FluffyBredo for the -MDB for our CORs/RNGs/RDMs, and also he can actually do a bit of damage.

Pet party or solo yeah, the cricket, tiger, and lizard are still very good. Boar can do great damage with a good pet multi-hit Ready set and you can keep her attack high/lower the mob's defense plus she's very tank-y. PonderingPeter for old content like Ein or Nyzul Isle. AlluringHoney for Lilith E solo/duo. Other pets can be good for particular stuff.

Quote:

It's viable for some stuff, like I did Orc Ambu on Normal last month solo using melee'ing alongside my pet, but you'll have to lock your weapons and the pet is mostly good as a buff/debuff battery, because player buffs and pet buffs are separate. Sadly pet or master is more of an either/or rather than both at once.

The lua stuff, she's going to have to write her own. Falkirk's lua is good but I re-wrote a lot of it to match how I use my BST. Have not been able to get toggles working with his code, I also prefer those over keybind cycles. You could use his lua and do macros that simply switch modes to, for example, PDT or petMDT or whatever.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote individual things like you did. What does the AfterGLOW do for trading in 10,000 beitetsu, not the aftermath?

Also, we tried using Alluring Honey inside Lilith and while yes she was durable, she was only hitting 9-10k per ready maneuver, is there a reason you choose her over the Pig, who can also reach high MDB but deal up to 20k damage per ready maneuver?
By Ozaii 2020-06-24 02:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fatigue said: »
Ozaii said: »

She has checked out the guide and as mentioned in the opening post, that lua has too many complex and unncessary things in it and it's very difficult to use, hence why shes looking for one inbetween that one and Beastmasterz.

Ok. Then like sirris said. You will have to adjust it yourselfs. You wont be able to get the best of both worlds. However. If you would like. I can send you mine. Its pretty much falkirks with some minor adjustments made for a more melee focused bst play. But they arent going to fulfill what you asked for to a tee.

Also as to what you are asking sirris about glowing aymur. You gain more damage from doing so and the ability to augment the weapon with the augmentd unlocked by clearing dyna wave 3 turning in like 10k jps. Or doing the like 20m damage to the wave three boss on dyna. Also remember aymur is your best magic ws damage option for bst.

Again. I highly recomend you look and use 1 of the 2 luas on falkirks guide. And adjust it for yourself. You will not find what you are looking for. But can at least start with a template.

I say this as someone who loves bst and i do recomend checking out the other weapons i listed as well as bst options for damage dealing. I have seen bst hit pretty good numbers if you are buffed.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-24 04:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sorry, I misread afterglow for aftermath. If you want, you could keep Aymur at 242 skill and not afterglow it, like many summoners do with Nirvana. You'll get the full pet benefits. Reasons to afterglow are exclusive to the master's melee- higher base damage, accuracy, and Primal Rend bonus damage at rank 15. IMO if you are running Dyna wave 3s with COR/RNG/RDM setup, with the rest of what BST brings, magical damage BST DD is valid for a slot. You're already knocking off 10% of the wave 3 boss's HP and, for the alliance as a whole you're either giving survivability with slug -ATK or adding damage with BST's -25 MDB, plus you aren't competing with 2-3 other CORs for Leaden Salute damage lol.
[+]