users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Odyssey equipment
Odyssey equipment
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Blze 2020-06-08 10:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What UNM equipment would you like to see augmented next?
By SimonSes 2020-06-08 11:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean which have potential? Because they will most likely upgrade them again using ilvl of Unity NMs. Probably only 125 NMs are next.

Tbh everything has potential, because they can make bis piece even from piece of junk.

What potentially hypes me?

1. Pukulatmuj +1 Since for now UNM augments werent main hand only, this sword has potential for sub hand sword for enspell build.
2. Perun +1 for RNG
3. Bathy choker +1 Its useful for all Subtle blow builds, but lacks offensive stats. I wonder if they will change that, or add defensive stats only to keep it niche, instead of all around great
4. Demersal degen +1 I wish they would make it amazing for DNC to pair with mythic :P
5. Kentarch Belt +1 This one is obvious contender, but I totally dislike store tp being dependent on unity ranking, especially with such wide range. Should be Store tp +5~6 or something.
6. Ternion dagger +1 This one is the one that Im hyped about the most. It has crazy potential for amazing offhand for many jobs. It's already great for many jobs, but damn it can be even better. I especially like, that on top of all the offensive values, it also has subtle blow and evasion/AGI which makes it very nice for THF trying to evasion tank or all jobs trying to build subtle blow sets.
7. Jute boots +1 Make this even better idle with some DT, HP, meva :P
8. Cacoethic Ring +1 Make this Crit damage +5%, DEX+10 or something :P
By devasbismarck 2020-06-08 11:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything can happen stat wise to these items to make any of them viable in certain situations but these ones could interest me if done right,

Alhazen hat - to have a modern O hat with high m eva, acc , eva would be good especially if its like 140 each or more. The amount added will decide its place.

Hygieia clogs - again if done right could open options to whm

Jute boots - same atm its nice to have ilvl 18% boots but making them combat worthy ontop would be huge, just wish we could have a hermes ilvl equivalent.

Fi follet cape - more enhancing to open up sub job options and main gear slots for enh dura would be nice.

Loricate torque - again more options with larger DT source but i dont expect the 135 gear to be soon if anything it will be 125 and 128 only

Mephitas ring - depending on what gets added could be interesting.

Warders charm - very excited for this one's potential.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-06-08 11:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hippo. Socks +1

Loricate and Warders charm :o
By geigei 2020-06-08 13:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the first batch of augments...anything can be good.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-06-10 09:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H Emeici +1 also have potential after further upgrades incoming?
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2020-06-27 03:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

New sheol means more equipment enhancements come on joytoy 2.0.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 15:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
H2H Emeici +1 also have potential after further upgrades incoming?

The augments for this are already out, they are pretty rad.

Perun+1 was already the best last stand main hand option. I'm actually expecting it to come with some -Enmity, Racc/Ratt, and hopefully WSD. I wouldn't be upset with critical hit rate/damage to give us Gandiva users some help. This is my guess for the next best piece they upgrade.

My second would be Ternion dagger+1. Followed by Ghastly Tathlum replacing Pemphredo.

There's a few pieces I'm not sleeping on either: Warders Charm could get some DT to make it a really interesting option to replace Loricate for the time being. Emet Harness. Stinger Helm is already pretty high STR with unity bonus. Could see that being upgraded with stat+10 vomit (str/dex etc modifiers) and something like WSD to remove the need for Valorous Augments (but not replace DM).

Just lots of options here
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-27 15:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blze said: »
What UNM equipment would you like to see augmented next?
You mean the ones upcoming in the next patch?
I'm very interested in the potential for these items:

Pukulamutj+1 - Currently has an use in some builds on RDM (and RUN?) to reach higher tiers of Enha skill. Not sure what could make it better for that use, even more enha skill? Enha duration? Doubt we're gonna see any of this though. More like Acc/Macc/Att, lulz
Asteria Mitts+1 - I still use these in idle for the Refresh+2
Lamassu Mitts+1 - Second best piece for SMN skill after Baayami. Wonder what it could get?
Adorned Helm+1 - If this gets some acc and some multiattack it could become an interesting option for BRD, opening up the use of other items with lower Haste values.
Kentarch Belt+1 - What could make this belt competitive again? High values of Multiattack? STR+15?
Shomonjijoe+1 - Not sure what I'd love on this. Avatar Perp-X? BP+? Skill+?
Emet Harness+1 - Nowadays I use this only for Enmity. It could become nice again with wide chunks of, what, Meva and Eva? With Malignance Tabard out good luck at that though...
Ternion Dagger+1 - nomnom, this is still competitive today. Too bad for the low skill. If it gets something like acc+50, DEX+15 and such, it's gonna be awesome.
Mephitas Ring+1 - Not a fan of the HP>MP conversion but if this gets loads of MDMG and maybe some Int and/or Mab it could become an interesting option for several things.
Ghastly Tathlum+1 - nomnomnomnom! More INT? More Mdmg? Some Macc? Pretty please <3
Blistering Sallet+1 - This is probably the item I'm holding my hopes for the most. It could be an insanely good option for "mage" jobs". This absolutely needs more acc, more multiattack, or even a couple more haste, which would be precious for mage jobs to open up a plethora of options in the other slots.
Cacoethic Ring+1 - This used to be good, now it's meh. It could become interesting again if it gets something like STP+ or another big chunk of acc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If they put 10dw, haste, or STP on blistering sallet I would be a happy club GEO. Extra multi attack or accuracy would be lovely
[+]