Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 12:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Naturally.

Still not seeing how protesting police, but not protestings gangs is hypocritical.

One is a position of authority being abused, the other is an actively combated criminal organization.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Wait, you think the "hypocrisy" of people not protesting criminal gangs murdering people, but protesting civil servants murdering people is a good point?
LMFAO

commenting, and hoping to stay within the realm of discussing the protests and why I find your comment off target. Will do my best to avoid politics, as much as this situation allows.

We as citizens enter into a social agreement known as taxes. We agree to pay such taxes with the understanding that they will be used for functions necessary to preserve a stable living environment for those citizens.

One of those things we agree upon is law enforcement, from police forces to the legal aspects of crime and punishment. In other words, I pay taxes to ensure that the law enforcement put in place provides a safe and stable living environment for me, my family, and my colleagues.

If there are adequate supplies given to that law enforcement, they are expected to do their jobs. If I were to protest gangs killing people as you say, I would protest the law enforcement NOT DOING THEIR JOB, not the gangs. If I get food poisoning from a banana I bought at Target, I *** to Target, not the farmer.

But if the law enforcement my taxes pay for is improperly doing their job, my only recourse is protest. I cannot go shopping for a new police force the way I can shop for a new grocery store if I don't like that one. I can't stop paying my taxes to a shitty police force the way I won't buy a car from a shitty dealer. And I can't just ignore them the way that I ignore a bad TV show I don't want to watch.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Naturally.

Still not seeing how protesting police, but not protestings gangs is hypocritical.

One is a position of authority being abused, the other is an actively combated criminal organization.
Because more murders occur by gang members than by police. Yet, you are only focused at an incredibly few and select examples of bad cops.

Never mind that there are black cops who murdered white people. Where's your protest for that? How about Hispanic cops murdering white and black people? Or even black cops who murdered black people?

Remember, I said murder, not "justified deaths". That's another aspect of your "protest" that you know nothing about (well, you and a few others here).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I cannot go shopping for a new police force the way I can shop for a new grocery store if I don't like that one. I can't stop paying my taxes to a shitty police force the way I won't buy a car from a shitty dealer.
Well, technically you can. It's called moving to another area/state.

If there is a will, there is a way.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I'm just pointing out one thing.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 12:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You've also, somehow, missed that while George Floyd's murder was the trigger, the entire backbone of these protests have been about overall police brutality.

The cops, of course, doing themselves huge favors by beating the ***out of peaceful protesters and foreign news casters.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You've also, somehow, missed that while George Floyd's murder was the trigger, the entire backbone of these protests have been about overall police brutality.

The cops, of course, doing themselves huge favors by beating the ***out of peaceful protesters and foreign news casters.
And you are also ignoring any debate as to what constitutes change and solutions, and openly support mayhem and discourse.

Look, I agree with you, the current system of bad cops being protected and allowed needs to go. I think that there is some police brutality (not as much as being portrayed by the media and by some people on this thread), and I support all changes that reduce said brutality. I also think the way some police officers are handling this situation is wrong and unhelpful, but at the same time, I also think the rioting and looting is also wrong and unhelpful.

I have yet to see you condone condemn the actions of the looters and rioters. In fact, it seems like you support them.

But still, tell us all, do you protest the murder of David Dorn? Do you even care?

Edit: stupid auto-correct.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-05 12:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Because more murders occur by gang members than by police

I mean, I would *** hope so.

Also, that gap is not nearly as small as you'd think. In 2019, there were about 1,800 gang-related deaths. Police killed 1,099 people.

Also, gangs aren't paid with tax dollars.

Gangs don't enjoy immunity to prosecution or comfortable pensions after 22 years. Not really apples to apples here.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-05 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting for someone to quote where I've supported rioting and looting. Good luck finding something that doesn't exist.

And, again, naturally. Rioters suck ***. Glad they've got nothing to do with the peaceful protesters and make up a minuscule percentage of the people showing up to the protests.

Shame the cops are too busy maiming innocent civilians to stop the rioters and looters.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 12:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
In 2019, there were about 1,800 gang-related deaths. Police killed 1,099 people.
Strange, what I'm seeing is that, in 2012 (the latest data available, it seems) gang-related deaths was 2,363, with it increasing each year. I wouldn't doubt if it hit 3k in 2019. And that's with a 83% respondent rate of jurisdictions surveyed.

Sure, that's not a large increase, but it does widen the gap a little.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 12:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. The largest complaint being made right now isn't about the brutality amazingly, its about the power of police unions to protect their own, even the bad among their own.

Joe Schmo works for Prudential as an accountant. But he's a really shitty accountant, and his colleagues have had to fix his numbers for 6 different clients. But Joe keeps working for Prudential, moving up the chain, regardless of being a shitty accountant. That would never happen in a real company that relies on making money to survive. But when something is funded completely with tax dollars that cannot be withheld due to bad performance, and you can't even fire the bad workers because the union is so strong they'll just 100% strike a PUBLIC SERVICE if even one member is fired FOR CAUSE, there is no accountability for performance.

That's what's being protested- that fellow citizens we give EXTRA power dont' have to follow the same social rules the rest of us do, and they even get extra privileges while not having to follow the same rules the rest of us do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-05 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, that gap is not nearly as small as you'd think. In 2019, there were about 1,800 gang-related deaths. Police killed 1,099 people.

Fair, but obviously not all 1,099 of those were unwarranted. Maybe not all 1,800 of the gang deaths either (self defense may have played a part in some).
[+]
By Xaander 2020-06-05 12:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to see you condone the actions of the looters and rioters. In fact, it seems like you support them.

But still, tell us all, do you protest the murder of David Dorn? Do you even care?

I think the word you're looking for is "condemn."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 13:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Schmo works for Prudential as an accountant. But he's a really shitty accountant, and his colleagues have had to fix his numbers for 6 different clients. But Joe keeps working for Prudential, moving up the chain, regardless of being a shitty accountant. That would never happen in a real company that relies on making money to survive. But when something is funded completely with tax dollars that cannot be withheld due to bad performance, and you can't even fire the bad workers because the union is so strong they'll just 100% strike a PUBLIC SERVICE if even one member is fired FOR CAUSE, there is no accountability for performance.
...somehow I think that's a dig at me....
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 13:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 13:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xaander said: »

I have yet to see you condone the actions of the looters and rioters. In fact, it seems like you support them.

I think the word you're looking for is "condemn."
Yeah, stupid auto-correct >.>
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to see what cops have to deal with and why they have to kill people, watch the body cam footage on youtube.

It will redpill you pretty quick.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-05 13:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because more murders occur by gang members than by police

I mean, I would *** hope so.

Also, gangs aren't paid with tax dollars.

Gangs don't enjoy immunity to prosecution or comfortable pensions after 22 years. Not really apples to apples here.

I love how Rooks drops in from time to time to cut through all the ***. His posts are the only redeeming aspect of this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Fair, but obviously not all 1,099 of those were unwarranted. Maybe not all 1,800 of the gang deaths either (self defense may have played a part in some).
My question is, how many of those deaths made by police officers were classified "unjustified deaths"?

Obviously George Floyd's death is an unjustified death. But would a death caused by a suspect shooting at police officers be considered justified? Because it's included in that 1,099 number, and that's misleading.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 13:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you want to see what cops have to deal with and why they have to kill people, watch the body cam footage on youtube.

I will legitimately never read another comment of yours and see logic behind it until that statement is revoked. There is NEVER justification for killing. And prior military here, I'm not some white lily snowflake.

Those who speak on killing being justified have never killed.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 13:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You are correct, and I hope I never will.

But honestly, do you agree or disagree that it's acceptable, if it is to save a life, to end another who is taking lives? Given the few milliseconds you have to decide to do so or not.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You are correct, and I hope I never will.

But honestly, do you agree or disagree that it's acceptable, if it is to save a life, to end another who is taking lives? Given the few milliseconds you have to decide to do so or not.

I want to see all beat cops no longer issued lethal methods of force. Stun guns, rubber bullets, etc are all capable of immobilization to allow arrest in situations where they face lethal resistance.

Have tactical units that are only sent out in warrant situations that justify such force, and such force can only be allowed via court order, not orders from within a police force.

That's my "answer" about "can you justify taking a life to save a life". Its not a great one, just the best I can offer.

In terms of lethal force used in warfare, we should NEVER be comparing law enforcement to warfare. Our citizens our never our enemy. Maybe misunderstood, maybe angry and need open discourse, but never our enemy.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I will legitimately never read another comment of yours and see logic behind it until that statement is revoked. There is NEVER justification for killing. And prior military here, I'm not some white lily snowflake.

If someone comes at you with a knife and wants to end your life you'll let it happen? If someone breaks into your house in the night and starts attacking, stabbing and beating you, you'll say you had a good run and wish your murderer well?

I 100% stand by what I said, if someone comes at me with intent to kill me I'll protect me life. If a cop pulls someone over and that person pulls a gun on that cop, that cop should shoot him dead and be happy he did it. A wounded person can still kill you, a person that pulls a gun can kill that cop in seconds.

Block away, I don't care. If you value others lives above your own, you do you. Even animals know what self preservation is, you must live in a real sweet area man. Congratulations.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-05 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold up a minute. That’s too broad a brush stroke here. There are absolutely times in self-defense and in saving the lives of others where lethal force is legitimately the only safe and realistic option.
By volkom 2020-06-05 13:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

all that just for a pair of shoes. :|
By Asura.Joesleepybiden 2020-06-05 13:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

What kind of shoes are we talking about ?
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-06-05 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see all beat cops no longer issued lethal methods of force.

Damn that's a good suggestion.
Won't stop all the instances of excessive brutality that's for sure, but at least we'd see a decline in unjustified deaths from police shootings.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-05 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Joesleepybiden said: »

air jordans i believe
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 13:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm totally in that melee for some Air Force Ones.
By volkom 2020-06-05 13:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Hold up a minute. That’s too broad a brush stroke here. There are absolutely times in self-defense and in saving the lives of others where lethal force is legitimately the only safe and realistic option.

if the police won't kill in self defense, others or are unable to ~ gun owners will do it themselves

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-man-take-out-gunman-west-freeway-church
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 13:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Commodus.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 117 118 119