BLU ACP Body?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU ACP body?
BLU ACP body?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-21 11:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good augment set to get on this?

or is there something that's better to use?

Wanting to redo my body and I just want to make something that I will use.
[+]
 Hades.Uchitoru
Server: Hades
user: Uchitoru
By Hades.Uchitoru 2009-10-21 12:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can make it in to a better SH for an Evasion(Ha)/Solo build.
You can make it in to a fast cast piece for Utsu.
You could go the Pld route and do FC+Enm for tanking.
Or you can go for Mirke-Haube if you don't have one of the alternatives(Mirage Jubbah, Morrigan, Cobra Unit, Homam, etc).
I think the Dual wield and some other augment was a good(speculated) option as well, but, I don't know how it would compare to everything else exactly.

You'll never use Mirke for physical spells, always Magus Jubbah/+1. And there are plenty of options for magical spells(Not plenty, a few, all better then you could make Mirke).

Your Blu is 33 right now, I wouldn't plan that far ahead, and redo the fight just for it just yet.
You may end up hating the job, and then you've wasted the effort put towards climbing, and the fight itself.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-21 12:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather find a different job to use the ACP body for.

Not much use to really do the aug for BLU.
If it's the only job choice than I'd do some Fast Cast.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rmajere
Server: Fenrir
user: Rmajere
By Fenrir.Rmajere 2009-10-21 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

acc + fast cast would be ok option for reducing head butt timer a smidge~ while also adding a benefit to utsu timers

if macc is ok can use for mp drainkiss~

since the only other body blu can use to reduce timer on it would be nashira
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-21 12:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast is about the only thing that's remotely viable, and that's only if you want to be blinking like a christmas tree every time you head butt or cast Utsu.

You could also make it a WS piece, but ws on blu is lol.

Spells as said above should always be magus jubbah/+1, magical spells will always be jubbah, errant or morrigan's (I'll slap you if you use anything other than jubbah for MP drainkiss, skill is the only thing that effects "damage", and nothing will ever give more macc than 15 skill).

So yeah, there's a reason I haven't bothered to finish ACP and my moogle hate is still in the chest in Tenshodo headquarters.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-21 12:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I wouldn't recommend it considering all your BLU worries can be addressed between AF and Relic bodies. Maybe not the very best options, but for physical spells you won't get anything better and for magical spells you can generally resort to a body with high mods like Errant if you find yourself not needing the Blu Skill.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-21 15:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:

Some jobs this can be the best gear they can get by far... if your on blu though really relic is best tp if only for the refresh while getting 10acc and you'll tons more dmg with af. I mean sure you can make it into a decent ws peice but unless your spamming vorpal blade who cares. And if your spamming vorpal blade I hope you are perma silenced or somehow can't use CA.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Lilbusta said:

Some jobs this can be the best gear they can get by far... if your on blu though really relic is best tp if only for the refresh while getting 10acc and you'll tons more dmg with af. I mean sure you can make it into a decent ws peice but unless your spamming vorpal blade who cares. And if your spamming vorpal blade I hope you are perma silenced or somehow can't use CA.

Self-SC is go? Even when that's not preferable, CA has a two minute recast. I can get 100 TP twice over in that time with ease.

It's a decent TP piece if you lack Mirage Jubbah, with ACC and either ATK or DW. As a WS piece you'd want ACC and either ATK or DA. It's your best WS piece outside of Morrigan's Robe for Expiacion and Savage Blade when you don't need the 7.5 extra ACC from Mirke. There are other niche augments like ACC/Fast Cast for Head Butt and Utsusemi, but in all honesty you may benefit more by using your ACP body for another job.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-21 15:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah not saying it wont help... but really are you gunna get a body just for wsing? Especially considering how little improvement it is on exp/savage?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I shouldn't ever try and get Zahak's Mail for my DRG, or Enkidu's Harness for BLU and PUP, or... really, shall I go on or can we stop here? It's arguably the best use of the ACP body for BLU. If you're insistent on using it for BLU, why not?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
crit/att for vorpal blade

No. ACC/crit wouldn't be half bad if you're focusing on a Vorpal piece though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
(we're meant to use sushi, so acc+ is kinda meh,

Protip: Sushi isn't enough on its own. You still have to wear some accuracy gear.

Quote:
and so is DA+ 2% (can only proc in first and last hits)

What the ***?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-21 15:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
So I shouldn't ever try and get Zahak's Mail for my DRG, or Enkidu's Harness for BLU and PUP, or... really, shall I go on or can we stop here? It's arguably the best use of the ACP body for BLU. If you're insistent on using it for BLU, why not?

Your examples are fail. Zahaks mail is insane for drg enkiu's harness is well what would you even think about using that for again? I can insist on using ACP for blm... doesn't mean that it's a good idea.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good Dark Magic piece pre-Nashira and also our only FC body. Zahak's might be a marginal increase over Aurum Cuirass unless that 2 DEX puts you at crit cap, which would give it the advantage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
Quote:

What the ***?

it makes sense (DA can only proc in 2 WS hits)
or just get acc/FC like i did

Um, no. That doesn't make sense at all, sorry. Also, it's wrong.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
err yeah, DA proc on the first 2 hits, not last...
i was wrong, yeah, but should def get att/crit for a solid vorpal piece
(meat build, get acc/att)

User submitted image
DA can proc on all hits of a WS up to a maximum of 8 total hits. Please, stop.

Also, show me this meat build. I will be impressed if you have even 90% accuracy on lolbri.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DA can only proc on two hits in a WS.

It can be on any of the hits but two is the cap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I will be reverting it. The original BG thread that I would otherwise post as a source got eaten, but it showed screenshots of 6 and 7-hit Guillotines. Will be back with a screenshot when I find one.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This will do nicely: User submitted image

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/general-ffxi-discussion/65885-test-double-attack-during-ws-2.html
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 16:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fredjan said:
Nightfyre said:
7-hit Guillotines.

it might be true, but it would be VERY rare

That's beside the point and you *** know it. DA can occur on any hit of the WS, thanks for playing, kthxbai.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-10-21 16:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For BLU I really think TPing in relic body and casting in AF+1 body is best. You should only make a BLU ACP body if you know you'll never get a hold of those 2 pieces. If you don't have AF+1 body I would still cast in AF body rather than Mirke, 2 extra STR and DEX can't make up for 15 skill. So if a made a Mirke for BLU it'd be for TPing and I'd probably go with Accuracy+10 and Dual Wield+3.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-21 16:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I guess I might just redo my Nuevo for sam, upon a bit more research I did find out that the blu acp body just isn't as viable as I thought.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, that picture doesn't prove anything.

Unless the user had a sword with exactly 6 TP per hit, with 0 sTP, then that would be meaningless.

The only thing that that screenshot does, in fact, prove is that TP gain is not static.

Besides. Even if, in theory, you could DA more than twice on a WS, that wouldn't be proof as Fast Blade is only two hits to begin with.
[+]
First Page 2