Are We Too Lawsuit Happy?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Are we too lawsuit happy?
Are we too lawsuit happy?
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-20 16:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reading the news today and seeing all these people suing each other.

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/entertainment/tv/APNews/TV/20090911/U_US-TV-Ellen-DeGeneres-Lawsuit

Ellen DeGeneres who dances like like a blind chicken walking on hot coals is getting sued by some record companies.

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/entertainment/music/APNews/Music/20091017/U_US-People-Debbie-Rowe-Lawsuit

Like usual Deborah Rowe is has her lawyers sue someone else. (Don't sue me please, Debbie. I love you long time!)

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/entertainment/otherentertainment/APNews/Other/20091017/U_US-AP-Poster-Artist

And finally likely something that's been seen by everyone or in their household is in court.

Quick, I need an idea to sue someone over!! Any ideas?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-20 16:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, we've become a society thats too lawsuit happy.

Only in America can a thief sue the family he's robbing because while in the house that he broke into, he stubbed his toe against the family coffee table.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-20 16:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to America
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-20 16:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

Only in America can a thief sue the family he's robbing because while in the house that he broke into, he stubbed his toe against the family coffee table.

Really?! Now that's balls. I hope that guy didn't win.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-20 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
Kungfuhustle said:

He did.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-20 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Paulus said:
Kungfuhustle said:

He did.

win!
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-20 16:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

.... Speechless.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-20 16:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the same story me and KFH were talking about, but similar...
http://overlawyered.com/early-years/february-2003-archives-part-3/#0226a
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-20 16:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it!! I'm gonna go heat up my oven, put my hand on the hot burner and sure the manufacturer!!!!!

Geeze that guy's family getting 77k for him getting electrocuted in a booby trap security system sucks.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-20 16:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going through a big change with how we deal business with outside vendors. Most of the paperwork needing to be done is to rid us of any type of liability if the vendor fails.

Well I'd be happy to pay $75K versus the millions they could've sued for. It is a lot of money, but I'd file an appeal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-20 16:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/09/lawsuit_alleges_er_doctor_let.php

lol.

Lawsuits are occuring more and more as America evolves into an uber politically correct nation.

It's the belief everybody but white heterosexual males has suffered some form of repression or been prevented from celebrating what is called "otherness."

As people transition into that midset they feel like they need their 15 minutes of fame. Then BAM theres a lawsuit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-20 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's more than that. Best explanation to a reason, but there's always little things. Neighbors that fight because they can't get over their differences? Dog bites kid even though the dog is actually tame, but no one can believe the fact that the kid teases the dog or throws stuff at it. There's plenty of reason why people sue others and most do it for the money more than proving something needs to change.

Did the old lady that sued McD's need the $10k? Prolly, but the most that should've came out of it was McD's paying the medical bills. All that other crap like mental suffering cannot be affectively proved by a simple psych test.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-10-20 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Paulus said:
Kungfuhustle said:

He did.

It's a sad day when the law works in this way....
[+]
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-10-20 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

life needs to be backwards for money to have value.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-20 21:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the law sucks.
 Asura.Diraphe
Server: Asura
user: Diraphe
By Asura.Diraphe 2009-10-20 21:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ever wonder why you can fit a small African country between you and your booth table? It's because some morbidly obese man sued Denny's back in the day because he was too god damned fat to fit in their booth.

Maybe you should take the hint that you are too god damned fat when you can't even fit in the booth to sit down and eat another meal.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-20 23:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I also laugh at the people who have to pay for 2 seats on a flight but complain that they should only pay for one even though they DO take up 2 seats.

I had to do a paper about discrimination against fat people back in school. Would you believe I never got very sympatetic?
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2009-10-20 23:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with people paying for 2 seats on a flight is that normally, that other seat is sold as well, making it uncomfortable for both people. In a row of 3 seats, if one man has to buy 2, there should only be 2 people sitting there.

But what happens is 3 people are sitting there and 4 tickets sold. Free money for the airline at the cost of the fatty.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-20 23:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:

Drink something really hot or find the spiciest food around and cry alot when bad stuff happens. The pain lets you know your gunna get alot
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-20 23:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Paulus said:

Drink something really hot or find the spiciest food around and cry alot when bad stuff happens. The pain lets you know your gunna get alot

The real pros dont need that stuff to cry on the drop of a hat!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-10-21 01:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

wow
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-10-21 02:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do other countries have those stupid court TV shows? And have those ever NOT been about someone suing somebody?
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Server: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-10-21 04:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
I'm reading the news today and seeing all these people suing each other.

America is the land of opportunity and wealth. We as a nation of people are a kind, courteous. generous people with helping hands for the needy. That of course is as a national community, but as individuals we are greedy, greedy, greedy. Greed and power fueled our want of Slavery, our westward drive, gave rise to the Civil War, and laid the foundation for the Great Depression. Just to name a few.

Our Greed and lust for wealth created the classes, lead way to billion dollar monopolies, unethical business practices, and ultimately to the greediest for of business- CORPORATIONS.

Money is a seductive mistress, and one many cannot live without. As long as there is people there will be greed. As long as America is powered by the Mighty Dollar we shall continue exploiting every niche and cranny of the law, ethical or not to obtain our riches.

Case in point, GREED for the GREEN fuels or economy/country but at some point too much is too much.

Real question is what is too much?