FFXI Mobile Remake Leaked Images
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 05:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So does anyone have the leaked image gallery saved from before Nexon pulled a DMCA nuke and had them taken down?

https://gamerescape.com/2020/05/06/possible-ffxir-images-discovered/

{{ Look at Gamer Escape being relevent for the first time since they sold out to Wikia and copy-pasted FFXIclopedia's free assets in an attempt to double-dip. }}

https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-11-reboot-screenshots-map-leak-rumor/

A little google-image searching came up with this, but from what I understand, there were at least a bit more including a region map.

I wouldn't have even known about this had it not been for this video, uploaded yesterday, that describes these images. Credit to #Huntin4Games for bringing this to my attention. He presents good FFXI content so give 'em a subscribe if you're so inclined. (Smash that like button).

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 06:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ungeek.ph/2020/05/new-images-of-the-final-fantasy-11-mobile-reboot-may-have-surfaced-online/amp/

Saving these photos before they get removed as well

Haven't found the region Map he described in the video but I'm still looking
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 07:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 07:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still anxious to see a region map though.

It would be lovely if this was for PC. One can dream. Wouldn't it be so wonderful if this was going to be what the 2022 "surprise" is? Our game remodeled. The idea that FFXI that looks like this would fit on a phone is kinda bonkers anyway imo. One can dream.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 07:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Web archive of the photos, still don't see a regional map but includes at least one additional picture not shown on the link above.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200507004335/https://www.wonpyo.com/ffxir

Also people on Reddit apparently could see a rainbow in la theine and a comet in the sky of one of the zones (3 days ago) but I have yet to find a link to that photo
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 07:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the picture of the galka's back at night to see the comet.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-10 07:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow this looks beautiful.
Feels like such a waste for it to be mobile-only
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 07:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Found it via reverse image search and Twitter

https://twitter.com/finaland_/status/1258137576659128320?s=21
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 07:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Wow this looks beautiful.
Feels like such a waste for it to be mobile-only

I really wanted it to be a secretly developed PC total engine conversion, but alas, according to their Investor Presentation from 2018...

http://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20181108_2.pdf

It's internally confirmed as a mobile game based on an established IP so... womp womp.

By Aricomfy 2020-05-10 07:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There seems to be two different versions. A much less graphically impressive version that looks similar in style to the current FFXI and then the much more detailed version of the same area. You can see arrows pointing down from the low quality area into the high quality area, suggesting that the lower quality areas are for the Mobile version, while the higher quality areas are for the PC version. This was most likely slides taken from a presentation to demonstrate the differences between the two versions of the game.

We also know that "FFXI Mobile" was renamed to "FFXI R", which almost 100% means Remake at this point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 07:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watch the video, he explains that Nexon asked the photos to be removed from online circulation, as they were comparison photos between 2018 and 2019. The arrows imply the progress made in improving the zones over time. Nothing about this suggests it is a PC version (yet) besides the graphics, which is still an assumption
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just fun to imagine them remastering 11. I doubt we'll ever see it, but who knows? SquareEnix is nothing if not comfortable AF with remaster/remaking their old games for current gen systems.

From what I understand of 14, they use a lot of 11's monsters in it that are basically just HD versions of the same monsters we have. Technically, that means they already have a lot of our monster assets already modeled.

It's wishful thinking, but one can dream.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-05-10 07:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of mobile game takes almost, what, 8 years to make? They teased the Vana'diel Project in 2015 I believe. There's no way they aren't developing two versions to release simultaneously.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That aside, the graphics gave me slight chills. Looking at what a appears to show la theine traversing through that ravine got me kind of nostalgic. Some of my favorite memories of FFXI was the vast exploration in these zones for the first time. Being fleshed out visually gives it new life, allowing older players to relive those newb memories. That's the main part of FFXI I would love to do all over again, not that 75 cap legacy server people keep asking about (they could easily do it in the remake anyhow)
By Draylo 2020-05-10 08:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI remake with expansion to the far east, new jobs time mage and chemist.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-10 08:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
FFXI remake with expansion to the far east, new jobs time mage and chemist.

Will Chemist have Guns in this ideal world?
By RadialArcana 2020-05-10 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have low expectations for this mobile game, very low. It also makes no sense at all that it would come to PC or that we could get a PC remaster. Coming to PC would invalidate the subs pc players are paying Square, a remaster would pull players from xiv.

Also it's important to keep in mind that korean developers love to "leak" bullshots, this happens a lot.

It's pretty easy to put the zones into unreal engine and slap some pretty textures on them, an experienced person can do that in a few days.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 08:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I would have low expectations for this mobile game, very low. It also makes no sense at all that it would come to PC or that we could get a PC remaster. Coming to PC would invalidate the subs pc players are paying Square, a remaster would pull players from xiv.

Also it's important to keep in mind that korean developers love to "leak" bullshots, this happens a lot.

It's pretty easy to put the zones into unreal engine and slap some pretty textures on them, an experienced person can do that in a few days.

Mah parade!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-10 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, the leaked images have the "FFXI Mobile" icon in the corner of the screen, so I don't see how this would be a remake on PC. At the very least, they might release this for the 20th Anniversary of FFXI and allow players to link certain things into their mobile account (names, ranks/fame?). That would be a pretty cool incentive if longtime fans stayed loyal and could somehow be granted some minor benefit in Mobile.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-10 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I dunno, seems like the 75 era version people wanted.

Like XI light, if they allowed to link current progress could be cool, still log into the same linkshell servers maybe at least and chat with friends.

I dunno, seems like a lot of build up and hype, and time invested, just for XIlight, like, give us the XI itself remastered, and *** make a true mobile version that is fully integrated.

People say that SE doesn't have resources to update the current game, but they put together what ever this is on how much of a development cost?

If it doesn't integrate with current XI, I don't see current players jumping on, and I don't see 'returning' players coming to this in droves either. Just seems like a flop.

That is to say if it isn't integrated, if it is integrated properly, and even at a75 era content for mobile only, it would be a whole different story.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-10 12:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, make a special level sync status, 75, make level synced gear work better, make it possible to get CP under that special level sync status. There is your CP camp alternates, make a decent line of generic 75 cap gear, if you want to min max from there, can farm up BiS 75 stuff. Replay for days.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-10 12:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Could make making a mythic easier for finding assaults, or any of those low level grinds.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-10 12:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
People say that SE doesn't have resources to update the current game, but they put together what ever this is on how much of a development cost?

They sold the rights to Nexon, Nexon are making it alone. Square Developers just provide lore information and game assets.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-10 13:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
If it doesn't integrate with current XI, I don't see current players jumping on, and I don't see 'returning' players coming to this in droves either. Just seems like a flop.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-05-10 15:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What an absolute waste of resources for something so beuitiful that no one will play. It HAS to ingrate with the existing game or its just a waste. With this kind of cash they could have reprogrammed and modernized the actual game...
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-05-10 15:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What an absolute waste of resources for something so beuitiful that no one will play. It HAS to ingrate with the existing game or its just a waste. With this kind of cash they could have reprogrammed and modernized the actual game...
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-10 19:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

double posted for truth! only giving you 1 + though.
By missdivine 2020-05-10 20:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I will be playing on an android emulator @pc
By Draylo 2020-05-10 20:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I despise phone games... If they remastered it for PC theres nothing wromg with pulling players from 14 because the money goes to the same company, if SE does it I mean.
[+]
By Matic 2020-05-11 09:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm really not trying to jump on the "But it could be a remake" train, but I will say this: A lot of those new shots look like they're actually building the zones to be almost identical to what we have in the current version.

This is actually pretty surprising to me, I was expecting token versions of zones that bear little resemblance to the originals aside from maybe color palettes.

At the least, it could mean that this may be a better mobile game than I initially thought. Which still isn't necessarily saying much.
First Page 2 3