Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 53 54 55
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 22:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly, i think fauchi has good intentions, but he's been wrong a whole hell of a lot more than he's been right. i have to question if he's being kept on because of optics at this point.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-04 09:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Rio Grande Valley hospitals reach capacity ahead of July 4th weekend, officials say
Residents are urged to shelter-in-place and only call 9-1-1 if absolutely necessary

KSAT.com

Quote:
HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas – Hidalgo County, Starr County, and Valley Baptist Health System hospitals have now reached capacity due to the influx of COVID-19 cases in the area, according to a report from KRGV.

An emergency alert was sent out to residents Friday, urging them to stay home and only call 9-1-1 if absolutely necessary. The emergency alert can be read below....
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-04 13:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Medicine is a "practice" "In their medical opinion this is a good idea"

Fauci is not "wrong" they just don't know anything. It's a guess.

"2 million deaths if we don't do this" > We did that > FAUCI WAS WRONG! No, literally, no.

"Don't wear a mask" > for reasons that were explained > FAUCI WAS WRONG! No. he's still right, you just don't care why.

"It's not a major threat" > FAUCI WAS WRONG > It isn't, except that you people can't stop being irresponsible.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-04 13:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If a person is constantly getting things wrong after the fact, do you want to continue to listen to them?

Sure, at the time we didn't know what the impact of such policies recommended by Dr. Fauci would do, but now that we know, and he still wants to continue said policies after it is shown to hurt Americans than help, do you still want to listen to him?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-04 16:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If a person is constantly getting things wrong after the fact, do you want to continue to listen to them?

Sure, at the time we didn't know what the impact of such policies recommended by Dr. Fauci would do, but now that we know, and he still wants to continue said policies after it is shown to hurt Americans than help, do you still want to listen to him?

Does listening to him get a Democrat elected? If so then we must absolutely do what that guy says at all cost.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-05 15:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronavirus on track to overwhelm Houston hospitals in two weeks, mayor says
CNBC

Quote:
Hospitals in Houston, Texas are on track to be overwhelmed in approximately two weeks as coronavirus cases mount, Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Sunday.

“The number of people who are getting sick and going to the hospitals has exponentially increased. The number of people in our ICU beds has exponentially increased,” Turner said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.”

In Houston, the percentage of tests for the virus coming back positive has risen to nearly 25%. Turner said that people of color were being disproportionately impacted, particularly Hispanic residents.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-05 17:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Coronavirus on track to overwhelm Houston hospitals in two weeks, mayor says
CNBC

Quote:
Hospitals in Houston, Texas are on track to be overwhelmed in approximately two weeks as coronavirus cases mount, Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Sunday.

“The number of people who are getting sick and going to the hospitals has exponentially increased. The number of people in our ICU beds has exponentially increased,” Turner said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.”

In Houston, the percentage of tests for the virus coming back positive has risen to nearly 25%. Turner said that people of color were being disproportionately impacted, particularly Hispanic residents.

Oh look another Democrat run City...
By Prong 2020-07-05 21:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Heat Check: This fall into the, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..." category or....

https://www.newsweek.com/protester-dies-struck-car-seattle-1515471
By Prong 2020-07-05 21:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Medicine is a "practice" "In their medical opinion this is a good idea"

Fauci is not "wrong" they just don't know anything. It's a guess.

"2 million deaths if we don't do this" > We did that > FAUCI WAS WRONG! No, literally, no.

"Don't wear a mask" > for reasons that were explained > FAUCI WAS WRONG! No. he's still right, you just don't care why.

"It's not a major threat" > FAUCI WAS WRONG > It isn't, except that you people can't stop being irresponsible.

By this same logic, which I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, then the fact liberals are blaming Trump for not taking "suggested" steps sooner is just a GUESS that it may or may not have helped.

Being we cannot turn back time and do things differently, there is no definitive way of knowing and blaming people on, "What if?"

If medical professionals cannot even be blamed if they are wrong, then stop using their advice to try and say someone else is wrong if they don't follow said advice.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-05 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Heat Check

Posting as Admin here, so there's no confusion.

If by "Heat Check" you mean "am I gonna catch some heat for insinuating that a young person peacefully protesting deserved to die" then yeah, you're gonna.

This place gets rowdy, mostly by design. That doesn't mean there aren't still bright red lines to not cross. If this is a taste of what this place is gonna be, I'll nuke the whole *** section tomorrow.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-07-06 00:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
My eyes can only roll so much, dude.

Fourth highest population city in the United States and Texas' requirements for businesses to remain open are bare bones at best.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-06 04:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Heat Check

Posting as Admin here, so there's no confusion.

If by "Heat Check" you mean "am I gonna catch some heat for insinuating that a young person peacefully protesting deserved to die" then yeah, you're gonna.

This place gets rowdy, mostly by design. That doesn't mean there aren't still bright red lines to not cross. If this is a taste of what this place is gonna be, I'll nuke the whole *** section tomorrow.

Nope, that was aimed at Eiryl, since he seems to like to say, "Stupid games win stupid prizes.." when he feels conservatives do things that in his opinion, get themselves beaten into a hospital. Just wondered if he waived that same accusatory, judgmental finger when the outcome of liberals doing something like walk on a highway at night does something similar. Or, is it somehow different.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-06 04:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% equal opportunity, dumb ***gets rewarded in kind. Don't matter who does it.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-06 07:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

Fourth highest population city in the United States and Texas' requirements for businesses to remain open are bare bones at best.

^^^This.

It's another Democrat run city, where the Democrat mayor is following the guidelines set for by a Republican Governor.

Its those nuances that get ignored when people want to play the negative partisan game.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 10:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Because we don't want to turn into California and New York.

I mean, we still have better numbers (in terms of case loads and overall deaths) than both of those states, and we have comparable number of citizens.

We are just not going to be stupid and shutdown the entire state. We are also going to prove how stupid the policies of NY and CA are by showing the rest of the country how it's done.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-06 17:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% equal opportunity, dumb ***gets rewarded in kind. Don't matter who does it.

So, in fact, you are actually saying, "She deserved it.." and not I. (*cough* in case anyone else is paying attention *cough*)

At least you are consistent. I cannot fault consistency.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-06 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in fact, you are actually saying, "She deserved it.." and not I. (*cough* in case anyone else is paying attention *cough*)

The consistency is the difference between "Let God sort em out" and "I'm excited one of my political opponents is dead!", which is an important distinction.

That said, it's *** gross. Knock it off.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-06 19:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, we still have better numbers (in terms of case loads and overall deaths) than both of those states, and we have comparable number of citizens.

We are just not going to be stupid and shutdown the entire state. We are also going to prove how stupid the policies of NY and CA are by showing the rest of the country how it's done.
No city or county in New York had ever told people to stay inside, don't get hurt, there is no room for you in the hospitals.

2 Texas counties urge residents to shelter in place as hospitals reach capacity

CNN

Don't worry, TX will never become NY. Not enough apples to knock around.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

No city or county in New York had ever told people to stay inside, don't get hurt, there is no room for you in the hospitals.

2 Texas counties urge residents to shelter in place as hospitals reach capacity

CNN

Don't worry, TX will never become NY. Not enough apples to knock around.
And do you know that both of those counties combined total less than 1 million residents? And that they are also both at the border, and having to deal with the influx of immigrants who come to the state with COVID?

Also, CNN. Which, while they did report some things right, they reported most of it wrong. The "story" skips over a few key facts and makes it overblown.

Seriously Chanti, what have we talked about with bringing facts I don't like here?
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 20:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The Valley only has two "major" hospitals in Harlingen and Brownsville, there is a smaller one in McAllen but it's a long drive to anything else, so it's not surprising they have reached capacity down there. Texas hospitalizations are exploding everywhere, the 4 major cities are at critical mass, it won't being until they have to start sending them out of state. Nothing is working in Texas right now.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-06 21:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »

The consistency is the difference between "Let God sort em out" and "I'm excited one of my political opponents is dead!", which is an important distinction.

That said, it's *** gross. Knock it off.

Zero idea how you conclude me attempting to point out the hypocrisy of someone who likes to type things like, "All cops should die" and nobody says a word to him about it, in some way implies I am happy the girl died is beyond me.

I was not happy a person was beaten into a hospital simply because his views didn't agree with those who beat him and I sure as hell am not happy a girl got killed because some guy wasn't paying attention to the road even though she shouldn't have been there. It appears your ideology more aligns based on posts with Eiryl's but damn, why am I getting lambasted when I'm not the one who thinks either is acceptable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-06 22:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you not just digging yourself deeper?

The one dude, was looking for someone to beat him up so he could write another hit piece on how he got beat up, omitting the part that he was instigating his own asswhoopin, so yeah, that's a darwin.

Ironic/Karmic infections, you know, you don't want any of them to die, you just want them to wake the hell up "God" ain't gonna save you. You save you. That's a darwin.

"the girl" isn't a darwin. Highway is closed, someone drove on it and killed her. There's nothing that fits "stupid games" in that story at all.
Quote:
a car drove onto a closed freeway and plowed into two people
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-06 23:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The "stupid games" part is mostly on the driver, because who knows how he ended up there in the first place. However, it also has to do with the setup of the protest. For one, a freeway is a pretty bad place for a protest. Second, they really needed cars or some other barricade to protect the protesters, because all it takes is an impaired driver, teenagers racing and/or otherwise acting stupid on a seemingly open road, or whatever what the case with this dude to get someone killed. The only silver lining is that it was unlikely to be a hate crime due to the heavily unreported fact that the driver is black and there are no obvious signs that he harbored any resentment towards the protesters.

The whole thing sucks for everyone involved, but the police there have put an end to the freeway protests (which is something that should have been done long ago) because of the inherent safety risks.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 00:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you not just digging yourself deeper?

The one dude, was looking for someone to beat him up so he could write another hit piece on how he got beat up, omitting the part that he was instigating his own asswhoopin, so yeah, that's a darwin.

Ironic/Karmic infections, you know, you don't want any of them to die, you just want them to wake the hell up "God" ain't gonna save you. You save you. That's a darwin.

"the girl" isn't a darwin. Highway is closed, someone drove on it and killed her. There's nothing that fits "stupid games" in that story at all.
Quote:
a car drove onto a closed freeway and plowed into two people

Digging myself deeper? It's not a contest, and my intent is being completely misrepresented so I feel I have a right to refute that.

You're the POS who seems to be able to say whatever you want with complete impunity for some apparent reason. No matter how abhorrent.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 00:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And (hard to think I even have to say this, again) no I don't think her transgressions were even remotely in the realm "dumb" enough to deserve her consequence, but since you are the one nitpicking, the highway was closed by the protesters parking some of their own vehicles loosely to deter traffic, it was not officially "closed" by police/the city with flashing lights, etc. So I agree the dude was definitely not making a good decision but she wasn't exactly "safely" protesting.

And no manner of words should justify a physical beating by a crowd. If that be the case, then the old man in Buffalo who was admittedly/intentionally provoking police and received a love push which instigated his poorly executed trust fall should just buck up like a man and drop his lawsuit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 09:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody deserves to be harassed, assaulted, and/or harmed at any way. The only person on this website who is openly for harming anyone alive is Eiryl, and it's because he doesn't understand humans.

The woman who was killed was partly at fault, she was protesting on an open freeway (a protest that unlawfully obstructs traffic doesn't mean the freeway is closed, btw) and was hit by oncoming traffic. That doesn't mean the guy should get off from reckless driving and manslaughter charges (if you can make that case, I doubt it, accidental death is more likely), but it was her who caused the wreck, not him.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-07 09:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take a moment to remind you all that this thread is "Coronavirus death toll estimation USA" not stupid driver / protester tricks.

Save it just in case Rooks allows us another riot / protest thread.

Now, on topic:

As Florida COVID-19 Cases Skyrocket, State Orders All Schools To Reopen Next Month
School districts must provide a full array of services for families who wish to educate their children in a brick and mortar school.

Huff Po

That's REALLY going to help....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 09:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyrocket? Florida is nowhere near the cases OR deaths being reported by California OR New York.

In fact, there are more cases and deaths in New York City than there are in the entire state of Florida.

Seriously Chanti, you have GOT to stop posting facts I don't like....
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody deserves to be harassed, assaulted, and/or harmed at any way. The only person on this website who is openly for harming anyone alive is Eiryl, and it's because he doesn't understand humans.

The woman who was killed was partly at fault, she was protesting on an open freeway (a protest that unlawfully obstructs traffic doesn't mean the freeway is closed, btw) and was hit by oncoming traffic. That doesn't mean the guy should get off from reckless driving and manslaughter charges (if you can make that case, I doubt it, accidental death is more likely), but it was her who caused the wreck, not him.

The freeway was not open. It was closed by the cops, and had been closed for over an hour. This was the 19th consecutive day of highway protests, and the cops, albeit unhappy about it, has been closing the highway each night because of them. There was no "traffic," it was just this one car that somehow got onto the highway.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 53 54 55