Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » NANI!?
NANI!?
By Draylo 2020-05-30 11:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Those WS didn't land until the recent additonal effect update they did a year or two ago.
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 11:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

if MG could have been kept up by a single BLU full time we'd never have seen those common 2 BLU setups and the majority never had perceived this travesty of BLU beeing OP in the first place.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-05-30 11:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been like 9 years since they changed them to be able to land fairly consistently. War just has access to gear that has Macc more so than ever before and landing them on things has become trivial.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 12:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
if MG could have been kept up by a single BLU full time we'd never have seen those common 2 BLU setups and the majority never had perceived this travesty of BLU beeing OP in the first place.

It honestly never needed to exist, you could literally use entrust for indi-haste and get the same effect with other DD in there. Most groups ran with double geo setup, GEO GEO DD DD WHM COR, in that era. Simply alternating entrusted Haste was sufficient and easily done for everything. Afania and others constantly argued that losing that entrust (which is quite weak btw, even better to have haste on in case you get dispelled) was HUGE and a nerf was needed. At the time, the content of the era was High Tier Battles

The problem came from the bandwagon, everyone jumped on it and people hate on anything popular.

Quote:
It's been like 9 years since they changed them to be able to land fairly consistently. War just has access to gear that has Macc more so than ever before and landing them on things has become trivial.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52747?p=597349#post597349

3 years, please don't try to use false claims to devalue peoples opinions.
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 12:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i think entrust bubbles don't any +geomancy from gear so geo haste alone doesn't cap. geo would have to keep regular haste up, too. considering that everyone got away with putting up 2 bubbles and go afk back then that was probably too much to ask for.

but its funny how a buff could have prevented the perception of OPness of BLU.

btw i think i rarely got the joy of double GEO, i was glad if i had a single support in my parties.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 12:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes haste and indi-haste
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 14:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

for all those who don't get it, this is dynamis D windurst zone boss. RDM solos it without breaking a sweat. did he even drop in red once?
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-31 18:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

should i go buy a round of echo drops? look guys, just because you ignore it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

jeuno wave 2 boss RDM solo:
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-31 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep up the good fight!!!
By Shichishito 2020-05-31 20:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't know BCNM mobs can lose hate with the help of bind.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-31 21:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get far enough away. That is a big battlefield so I would imagine that happens?
By Shichishito 2020-05-31 21:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know, i remember pulling back to entrance in that battlefield befor and mobs eventually would always follow me there. apparently the BLM never leaves the BCNM so everyone should be able to test it by walking in the tarutaru HTBF, walk in the arena to pull hate and then back to entrance and see if you can resummon trusts?
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-05-31 22:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

should i go buy a round of echo drops? look guys, just because you ignore it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

jeuno wave 2 boss RDM solo:

Where did this dude's status ICONs come from? specifically the Doom counter is VISIBLE in the status icon itself. (i.e. the blinking skill is replaced by a white number that counts down, 9,8,7...2,1,etc).
 Asura.Dakrone
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dakrone 2020-05-31 22:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Where did this dude's status ICONs come from? specifically the Doom counter is VISIBLE in the status icon itself. (i.e. the blinking skill is replaced by a white number that counts down, 9,8,7...2,1,etc).

Looks like XiView
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-31 22:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When you click the vague clickbait thread title and realize you have nothing to contribute to a Red Mage thread.

[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-01 01:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

its not clickbait at all! if anything it promises a "NANI!?" moment which are plastered all over this thread, just click a video of your choice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-01 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

its not clickbait at all! if anything it promises a "NANI!?" moment which are plastered all over this thread, just click a video of your choice.
What is "NANI?!" btw?
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-01 10:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
What is "NANI?!" btw?

It's japanese, it means "what?"

The original meme comes from Hokuto no Ken, where Ken tells a thug "you're already dead" and the thug replies "w-what!?".
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-01 12:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-01 12:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it meant this:

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 12:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I thought it meant this:

Asura.Aeonova said: »
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

But isn't that Nana?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But isn't that Nana?
Nani obachan, Nani wa desu ka.
By Shichishito 2020-06-01 13:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

its a bit gory so i put it in spoilers.
should be the original.
looks like RDM studied some Hokuto Shin-Ken, too.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

By Shichishito 2020-06-01 14:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

pls don't. 20 seconds in my all my nails started detaching from the flesh and curl up just from the noise she was making.
By Shichishito 2020-06-01 15:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

again a bit gory, therefore the spoiler.
can't decide wether ATATATATA is cringeworthy or manly.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 00:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

another windurst dynamis d zone boss from a different solo RDM player, just to confirm its not one persons godly luck+skill, its reproduceable.
he whipes around midway but somehow still ends up winning. i assume the boss usually would regen HP while idle but due to RDMs debuffs/dots it doesn't?
he seemd to get worried they'd eventually wear so he bound the boss and reapplied several debuffs while still beeing weakened thanks to saboteur or styme.

on a side note, doesn't new saboteur with 3 minute cooldown completely outclass and replace RDMs lvl 96 1hour styme?
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-06-04 04:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course rdm can solo certain wave 2 bosses, but damn you guys have to realize that rdm can't get to wave 2 boss solo. They need some support to clear statues to get there, so they are not these GodAlMightyOmfgWtfBBQISoloEverythingKillingMachines. Also I been assisting Hiep's wave 2 boss solo challenges, and damn it is painfully slow seeing those w2 bosses get whittled down. In fact I just log onto one of my alt who's currently in Asura & BS around while he's at it, unless he dies horribly to the boss. I can tell you this, lot of trial and error goes before you get to know its patterns. He's almost had the Bastok boss but his slow aura makes him an overall pain to handle, but I know he'll prevail.

on a side note, doesn't new saboteur with 3 minute cooldown completely outclass and replace RDMs lvl 96 1hour styme?

For me, Stymie has been more of an OShit button where you want to reapply a debuff in no time. For example say WoC becomes un-silenced due to him doing invincible/benediction, and want to reapply silence asap then you use it in case he decides to do a shitty set of 1h moves afterwards like SV and charm your party.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 05:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

if you coun't the time other ppl need to organize a full party or alliance to tackle this content a solo RDM might even end up clearing first.

most jobs don't have the tools to pull off one of the many RDM solos posted in this thread. beeing a bit slower than a 18 man alliance is hardly a good argument to confirm RDM is not overpowered.

styme might add more macc but tbh i don't see the RDMs in those videos struggle to land their debuffs even on the hardest content without support and weakened. once you don't get any resists extra macc is pointless and all the benefits new saboteur comes with combined with its 3 minute cooldown imho completely outdo styme (unless i'm overlooking something).
wouldn't be surprised if they bring a patch 2-3 years down the line to fix a macc bug like they did with GEO.
maybe they also switched the cooldowns of styme and saboteur by mistake?