Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Red !! Weakness on THF
Abyssea Red !! Weakness on THF
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-03-19 19:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if 11/13 red weakness procs is the best THF can do for Abyssea empyrean weapon trial farming. THF/WAR gets most of the weakness procs if you have the appropriate all jobs weapons save Great Katana and Katana ones. Figured out you can get the Ayame trust to do Tachi: Jinpus if you do a Penta Thrust and save up 1k tp, but even though the FFXIclopedia weakness trigger page claims Ayame can do Tachi: Koki I haven't found a way to make her do it. Was wondering if anyone knew how to actually make that happen or perhaps if there was a way to get Blade: Ei going on THF/WAR as well. Thanks.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-19 19:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

11/13 will go a long ways, there is also a chance you will get the KI without proccing it also.
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-03-19 19:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not rely on a trust to time the ws properly for procing, but even 10/13 is fine. I usually go war/dnc and if I dont get red, kill anyway (small chance without proc) and kill again.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-19 19:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth nin/war with TH4 gear is a good option too. Gets you all 13.

Also, you can flux and reset triggers if you're on thf and get one you can't hit.

Koki > AE
Koki > Cyclone
Koki > Gust slash
Koki > DE

I don't think any of those options will trigger koki because Ayami has too many options. No other weapons work either without 5 choices.

You would need to trial and error every possible weaponskill with everything THF has to find one.

Regular Ayame does not have Koki on her list on BG
Tachi: Enpi, Tachi: Goten, Tachi: Kagero, Tachi: Jinpu, Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, Tachi: Kasha

Ayame(UC) does though
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-03-19 19:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

From my quick testing Koki looks impossible to force because it can't make any L2 SCs and she seems to prioritize Tachi: Gekko and Tachi: Kasha over it. If she has it, the only way I think she can use it is if she randoms into it by letting her reach 3k tp.

Edit: Oh wait Burning Blade might work testing now

Edit2: Nope she likes Enpi into it
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-19 20:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Had never noticed or cared that reverb literally cannot make anything but level 1 skillchains.

Every possible weaponskill in the game that can close from koki has other GK options she'll likely pick first (if she can even do koki lol)

Frostbite has the lowest number of options, there's only 2 but I'll bet she opens with gekko.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-06-25 23:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Having farmed 2 empys (Twashtar, Verethragna) in the last month, I would like to give a shout out to superwarp windower addon.

Was on THF/WAR solo with trusts. I have 11/13 procs (Hoe, Sha Wujing's La. +1, Lament, Lamia Staff, level 1 club, level 1 sword, level 1 dagger).

Any spawn NM that I cannot proc after 2 rounds of ws, I pull the mob to the nearest conflux and use superwarp to move to another conflux and back to reset the proc and let the mob regen. The menu delay was cut down and I was able to warp consistently between confluxes.

This helps to cut down significant waiting time for time based pop NMs.

One of the most annoying NMs I encountered was Tunga which I average 3 resets to proc because once it starts chainspell, it becomes a very annoying wait. To counter this, just pull it to Conflux 7 and warp out to reset the chainspell.

Edit: Mistake, should be 10/13 missing Katana and 2 GKT skills
By Drayco 2020-06-26 06:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Having farmed 2 empys (Twashtar, Verethragna) in the last month, I would like to give a shout out to superwarp windower addon.

Was on THF/WAR solo with trusts. I have 11/13 procs (Hoe, Sha Wujing's La. +1, Lament, Lamia Staff, level 1 club, level 1 sword, level 1 dagger).

Any spawn NM that I cannot proc after 2 rounds of ws, I pull the mob to the nearest conflux and use superwarp to move to another conflux and back to reset the proc and let the mob regen. The menu delay was cut down and I was able to warp consistently between confluxes.

This helps to cut down significant waiting time for time based pop NMs.

One of the most annoying NMs I encountered was Tunga which I average 3 resets to proc because once it starts chainspell, it becomes a very annoying wait. To counter this, just pull it to Conflux 7 and warp out to reset the chainspell.

Tunga is one that I would never rely on procs. If I've got the chigoe camp to myself, I just gold box farm and get more KIs than I'd ever get waiting on timers.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-06-26 08:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a thf topic but I wanted to point out that war/nin can get ALL red procs which would eliminate the need for resets. For katana you need the escha sky skill neck and for GKT you need the escha sky neck and 5 more GKT skill which is available from multiple sources.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-06-26 08:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I know this is a thf topic but I wanted to point out that war/nin can get ALL red procs which would eliminate the need for resets. For katana you need the escha sky skill neck and for GKT you need the escha sky neck and 5 more GKT skill which is available from multiple sources.

which is a lot of work to do... probably spend an empy's worth of time just getting the items
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-06-26 08:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Um no, guy in my LS was complaining about red procs and I pointed this out to him, next day he had all procs and was farming.
By Taint 2020-06-26 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/NIN and NIN/WAR require an outside source of TH to be fully efficient. (pop items and emp drops)

Solo THF with 11/13 is smart in terms of total time spent.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-06-26 08:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless (as this thread suggests) you are using trust to try and red proc or resetting NMs multiple times instead of just procing and moving on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-26 08:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While I was farming for my Ochain, I just proc'd when I could and screwed with it.

If it comes from a box, I farmed amber in between timed spawns. That, and farmed souls.

I don't imagine it being much different with other emps. Just farm what you can, proc what you can, and get it over with. Faster you kill, the faster you get on with your life.
By Taint 2020-06-26 09:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless (as this thread suggests) you are using trust to try and red proc or resetting NMs multiple times instead of just procing and moving on.

Yeah zero percent chance I’m bothering with a reset.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-06-26 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to avoid burning out farming so I just did 2hrs session of farming with 1 hr force downtime if I forgot to exit before 10 mins countdown.

The reason I went with THF instead of NIN was the need for TH. I find it much faster to farm another pop item to repop the NM than using NIN to farm for pop items with max TH4. The only time waster is the time gated NM which can be reset if you can't proc Light, Wind or Dark.

I average around 30-32 NMs to get the 50 drop items on the first two sets of NMs each. Usually averaging TH10-TH11 on the drop NM, didn't WS, just used all JAs (including Provoke) on mastered THF wearing TH14 gear (herc dark matter augments).

On average, I finish each NM in 6-7 sessions for the 50 items NMs except Chloris. I can only average 2.5 sets of pop items on Chloris in each session but the TH helps to make the run worth it with a lot of double drops, only 6 single drops.

I could have gone NIN for Dragua but I find it easier to cleave for KI on THF and the TH do helps with the drops. Only had to reset Hazhdiha a few times and less than 10 single drop kills.

Tiger King Hide was annoying to farm for Orthrus since it isn't a 100% drop even with high TH. So I try to pick them up on AH before heading in to farm.

All in all, it took me less than a week to finish Verethanga (75 to 90) and much less time for Twashtar. Makes me regret sitting out on it waiting for the Abyssea items to show up in the Login campaign for the last 6 months.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-06-26 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

War/nin has been able to get all red procs for a good ~8 years, the only thing that changed was when they started releasing multiple lvl 1 GS a couple years back, adding nin/war to the 13/13 club.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-26 11:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Yeah zero percent chance I’m bothering with a reset.
^

War/nin+thf multiboxing ftw.
[+]