Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 129 130 131
By abknight 2020-04-20 00:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a simple explanation for the retardation from eiryl, nyaarun, and vic. eiryl sells gil from a basement for a living, doesn't pay taxes, and is apparently a communist, so he has zero financial skin in the game and probably wants to see the west crumble.

nyyarun and vic, tell everyone how you pay your bills. I doubt you'll answer honestly or at all and expose yourselves.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 00:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 00:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
There's a simple explanation for the retardation from eiryl, nyaarun, and vic. eiryl sells gil from a basement for a living, doesn't pay taxes, and is apparently a communist, so he has zero financial skin in the game and probably wants to see the west crumble.

nyyarun and vic, tell everyone how you pay your bills. I doubt you'll answer honestly or at all and expose yourselves.

I already stated i run a small business. Currently shut down because of this, so i currently have no income. But guess what? Im still staying at home, making sure myself and others are safe. Because life is more important than some green piece of paper.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 01:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So, genuine question for the people pushing for a reopening.

Given that the US economy is based entirely on consumer confidence;

What happens if we reopen everything (additional payroll/power/water/utility/supply costs) and not enough people go out to spend money because they're not stupid enough to think this shits just going to magically disappear?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 01:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
So, genuine question for the people pushing for a reopening.

Given that the US economy is based entirely on consumer confidence;

What happens if we reopen everything (additional payroll/power/water/utility/supply costs) and not enough people go out to spend money because they're not stupid enough to think this shits just going to magically disappear?

We go into a depression, and all small businesses in the country fold like a chair. Right now, we might go into a recession. If we reopen, its a guaranteed depression.
By abknight 2020-04-20 01:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

I already stated i run a small business. Currently shut down because of this, so i currently have no income. But guess what? Im still staying at home, making sure myself and others are safe. Because life is more important than some green piece of paper.

What kind of business and how are you paying your bills now?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 01:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you heard of a savings account?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 02:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Most bills are frozen and i have a support group i can actually rely on. Its amazing when you actually have people in your life that you support and who support you. As much as you *** about "communism" and ***, turns out support groups actually work. Plus, you know, planning for things like this, at least for the interim.
By abknight 2020-04-20 02:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Most bills are frozen and i have a support group i can actually rely on. Its amazing when you actually have people in your life that you support and who support you. As much as you *** about "communism" and ***, turns out support groups actually work. Plus, you know, planning for things like this, at least for the interim.

Oh, also, most bills are frozen given most of the economy is frozen. That also helps.

So you're relying on handouts from others and taxpayers, got it. As long as your parents can keep paying for you, no need to reopen. That's also not how communism works. You didn't answer what kind of "small business" you run.

u

veikur with the bigbrain comment that was wrong for nyaarun and apparently wrong for the 90% of the country begging for more handouts.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 02:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also, most bills are frozen given most of the economy is frozen. That also helps.

So you're relying on handouts from others and taxpayers, got it. As long as your parents can keep paying for you, no need to reopen. That's also not how communism works. You didn't answer what kind of "small business" you run.

u

veikur with the bigbrain comment that was wrong for nyaarun and apparently wrong for the 90% of the country begging for more handouts.

Everyone relies on "handouts" from others. I hate to break it to you, but society is a society, not a place for a single person. If you think you can survive in the world on your own, youre an immature moron who is never going to get anywhere. Everything in life comes down to the people you meet, who you know, and what connections you can make. Being able to help others and in return get help you eventually need yourself is a standard in society.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 02:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

and apparently wrong for the 90% of the country begging for more handouts.
Source? Or is the source your ***? In which case, please keep it as far away from me as possible.

Personally surviving off my savings, haven't needed to use the small portion of my money I got back from the government yet.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 02:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Source? Or is the source your ***? In which case, please keep it as far away from me as possible.

Personally surviving off my savings, haven't needed to use the small portion of my money I got back from the government yet.

He just words it stupidly. The government SHOULD be giving everyone stimulus checks. Hes just calling any assistance "handouts" to devalue it, as if society actually serving its purpose is somehow wrong or improper. Dude would have been excommunicated from his village if he lived in the old days of yore.
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-20 02:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 02:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He just words it stupidly. The government SHOULD be giving everyone stimulus checks. Hes just calling any assistance "handouts" to devalue it, as if society actually serving its purpose is somehow wrong or improper. Dude would have been excommunicated from his village if he lived in the old days of yore.
Oh, I know. Just wanted to point out for others that the money being "handed out" is our own money that we paid into the government.

Did Altima get unbanned or something? This is about his level of idiocy.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 02:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I know. Just wanted to point out for others that the money being "handed out" is our own money that we paid into the government.

Doesnt even have to be "our money", the government has unlimited funds and can both create money out of thin air, or tomorrow say "your money is now worthless, we are using this instead"

I believe at one point in time germany, or another EU country, during one of their hard times basically allowed individual persons to create their own currency, which ended up being recognized in an unofficial-official manner by the government, and it ended up working for the short period it needed to.

Basically; the government is not a person. It has no checkbook to balance or care about. All that matters is the actual economic activity exists and the people believe the currency has value.
By abknight 2020-04-20 02:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

u

Everyone relies on "handouts" from others. I hate to break it to you, but society is a society, not a place for a single person. If you think you can survive in the world on your own, youre an immature moron who is never going to get anywhere. Everything in life comes down to the people you meet, who you know, and what connections you can make. Being able to help others and in return get help you eventually need yourself is a standard in society.

It's a handout if you take more than you give. You're entirely dependent on others for survival. About 10% of the country pays 90% of the taxes and doesn't rely on being given free ***for doing nothing. What happens when the people supporting you run out of savings to cover you because you were too irresponsible to save any money for a rainy day? Imagine if everyone was like you and depended on someone else to cover them... an entire nation of dependents. Sadly we're 90% of the way there. I'm part of the 10% that pays for you, veikur, eiryl, and vic to have things like roads so you can vespa to your weed dealer. Still no word on this "small business" that brought you $0 in savings.

More bigbrain. "I got welfare money but i'm not spending that money. I'm spending different dollar bills I keep separate from those so it's not the same, promise."
By abknight 2020-04-20 02:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt even have to be "our money", the government has unlimited funds and can both create money out of thin air, or tomorrow say "your money is now worthless, we are using this instead"

I believe at one point in time germany, or another EU country, during one of their hard times basically allowed individual persons to create their own currency, which ended up being recognized in an unofficial-official manner by the government, and it ended up working for the short period it needed to.

Basically; the government is not a person. It has no checkbook to balance or care about. All that matters is the actual economic activity exists and the people believe the currency has value.

This is the single dumbest thing I've ever read and sadly there are probably a lot of tards who believe this. The government generates $0, they only collect from others and spend (sound familiar?). Read a book about how the fed works. Literally everything you typed is nonsense. And it does matter. The govt spends so much on social welfare, and almost everyone takes more than they give, leading to tens of trillions in national debt and a house of cards that cannot be sustained. The whole system will collapse under the weight of the simple masses, then you'll be eating whoever pays your bills.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 02:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine thinking having a savings account is big brain.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

u

It's a handout if you take more than you give. You're entirely dependent on others for survival. About 10% of the country pays 90% of the taxes and doesn't rely on being given free ***for doing nothing. What happens when the people supporting you run out of savings to cover you because you were too irresponsible to save any money for a rainy day? Imagine if everyone was like you and depended on someone else to cover them... an entire nation of dependents. Sadly we're 90% of the way there. I'm part of the 10% that pays for you, veikur, eiryl, and vic to have things like roads so you can vespa to your weed dealer. Still no word on this "small business" that brought you $0 in savings.

More bigbrain. "I got welfare money but i'm not spending that money. I'm spending different dollar bills I keep separate from those so it's not the same, promise."

.01% of the country own 99% of the wealth in the country... of course they pay the most in taxes. Thats literally the only way the tax system could possibly work.

Also, what the *** do you think a society is? The entire point of a society and the reason humans thrive is because people do ***for each other. Youre acting like somehow supporting others is a flaw, when its the literal only reason humans exist.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's game over. A vaccine won't work and we're all dead

Go home, you're drunk.

Thats kinda the part that pisses me off; The conservative viewpoint at the basic level is supposed to be "i am the authority until i otherwise deem such", for lack of better words. That doesnt mean you wont obey laws or authority figures, but will do so when viewed to be correct, not before. After all, the second amendment is supposed to be the "last resort".

Yet, so often, these types jump to the "cop was right" stance regardless of context until it involves them, trading their patriotism for nationalism and a meaningless piece of cloth with pretty colors that no longer means what they think it means from their own actions.

So you think there is a link between people obviously breaking the law (people fighting cops and illegals breaking into the country) and LEGAL protesting now? If not for these kinds of people you would have ZERO rights. Also, fyi: Unless you are a massive dude that knows how hou fight real good, the cops are what keep the alpha males from using you as a playtoy. Come the revolution, you will be someones stretch armstrong.

I don't believe you for a second, a basic fact in online arguments is the person you are arguing with will very often "be the thing" that best helps their argument. I've lost count of the number of times I've been arguing with someone and suddenly, out of nowhere they are a rocket scientist, doctor, lawyer, game developer, super saiyan. I give the benefit of the doubt usually but not with everything else you've posted.

They will, you just have to a) look at when they opened the beaches and people flocked there (even if California) and the stupid lengths the governors are having to goto to FORCE people not to lead normal lives (for instancing filling skate parks with sand).

Humans are pack animals, as long as some will do it the others will follow. Just a matter of time.

Have you heard of a savings account?

You know that the value of your savings and cash are directly linked to the economy right? The longer this goes on the less both will be worth.

Not only now, but in the future too. You think all these banks, businesses and government damages are just going to slide under the carpet? We will be paying for this for the next 10-20 years. Increases prices, higher taxes etc etc

On-top of all that, when governments bring in new draconian laws they aren't so quick to get rid of them, and only protests make them. All airports still have many of the laws brought in after 911, many of the powers the intelligence agencies got to spy on us are still in effect.

No it's not sadly, they are literally just printing more cash. If you like, they are duping cash in the same way as someone finding a dupe glitch on ffxi.

This lowers the value of your savings and increases the price of goods (maybe not yet, but it will soon). aka, it's very bad long-term.

No one gives a ***what you believe, we already know you have less than 2 brain cells floating in your head. You can either take what i say and learn something, or be a moron elsewhere.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the longer this goes on, the higher your savings go up in value. Your investments deteriorate in value the longer this goes on.

Under normal circumstances with an open economy, the reverse is true; your savings deteriorate in value, while your investments increase in value.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the single dumbest thing I've ever read and sadly there are probably a lot of tards who believe this. The government generates $0, they only collect from others and spend (sound familiar?). Read a book about how the fed works. Literally everything you typed is nonsense. And it does matter. The govt spends so much on social welfare, and almost everyone takes more than they give, leading to tens of trillions in national debt and a house of cards that cannot be sustained. The whole system will collapse under the weight of the simple masses, then you'll be eating whoever pays your bills.

You have literally no idea how any of this works, do you? Money is tied to nothing other than the government saying "this is valid tender, and this is what its worth" and people going "yes, we agree". Thats it. The government can make more out of thin air, or even outlaw their prior currency at their own discretion. As long as both the above agreement is true, they can do whatever they want. Money isnt tied to gold or anything physical anymore.
By abknight 2020-04-20 03:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the longer this goes on, the higher your savings go up in value. Your investments deteriorate in value the longer this goes on.

Under normal circumstances with an open economy, the reverse is true; your savings deteriorate in value, while your investments increase in value.

Read what you just typed and really think about it. This makes zero sense. I don't think it's worth trying to reason with you or teach you the fundamentals behind why everything you've been saying is incorrect. I urge you to do some deep learning on the words you've been trying to use in all your posts. Let me know how the small business turns out.

Also my theory about why the four of you support prolonged shutdown is correct so far. Just need vic to chime in.
By abknight 2020-04-20 03:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You have literally no idea how any of this works, do you? Money is tied to nothing other than the government saying "this is valid tender, and this is what its worth" and people going "yes, we agree". Thats it. The government can make more out of thin air, or even outlaw their prior currency at their own discretion. As long as both the above agreement is true, they can do whatever they want. Money isnt tied to gold or anything physical anymore.

Good lord... the govt does not mandate the value of currency... consumer demand and money markets do. Printing more currency devalues all existing currency. Please pause and go learn. It's painfully embarrassing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Read what you just typed and really think about it. This makes zero sense. I don't think it's worth trying to reason with you or teach you the fundamentals behind why everything you've been saying is incorrect. I urge you to do some deep learning on the words you've been trying to use in all your posts. Let me know how the small business turns out.

Also my theory about why the four of you support prolonged shutdown is correct so far. Just need vic to chime in.

Savings accrue interest at a rate which, for most people, is far less than inflation. Which means your savings devalue over time.

Investments generate revenue on average far greater than inflation, which means youre getting more back over time.

However, right now, the price of goods is going to likely go down, meaning your immediate buying power is going to go up. Your savings, right now, are just going to be worth more. Especially in short term personal value, as it will allow you security for longer.

Where as investments arent returning a positive income for most investments, as most places are shut down.

Again, you have no idea how money works. This is basic investing.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord... the govt does not mandate the value of currency... consumer demand and money markets do. Printing more currency devalues all existing currency. Please pause and go learn. It's painfully embarrassing.

So, you literally agreed with what i said. Again, its an agreement between the consumer and the government. This is a dollar, this is the value placed on the dollar. The consumer then agrees with transactions.

And printing more money doesnt inherently change the value of said money. You can create a temporary currency to later buy back, or even just putting out more money in the stalled economy wouldnt spike inflation because the economy is, in general, paused and only essential goods can for the most part be easily purchased.

Its not nearly as simple as youre attempting to make it out to be.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 129 130 131