Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 129 130 131
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-02 00:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 01:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This a good one, kinda like the Hitler series
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 06:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they produce on slave labor we're fine looking the other way. Saying it's unconscionable, of course.

No one bats an eyelash when they say the next 25,000 ventilators are coming from China.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 07:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Question; I know this is probably the worst possible place to ask but *** it.

How in the *** do I get my plates renewed if the whole damn state is closed until may. Secretary of State should be essential as far as I can tell but they're closed.

City Police (I called, because obviously): Oh don't worry about it, we know you can't get them renewed, it's not like we'll look for you and give you a ticket for it or anything.
[+]
By trinironnie 2020-04-02 07:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Two patients I shot on Tuesday had to get tested.. so now I'm home for a few days until their results come back. If its positive hello 14 days of animal crossing, ffxi, and cod. I'm a X-ray Tech.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-02 07:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

How in the *** do I get my plates renewed if the whole damn state is closed until may. Secretary of State should be essential as far as I can tell but they're closed.

Most municipalities have issued orders about not having officers interact with many non-violent offenders, and I'm sure expired plates that show they were good before stay-at-home orders were issued would be looked over. This isn't just an understanding of your inability to comply, but also for the safety of the officers. Less contact and all.
[+]
By Afania 2020-04-02 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
DirectX said: »
Isn't this Taiwan's life story?

You'd be surprised at the number of people in Taiwan today who would still happily throw democracy away just to become another Hong Kong.

That has more to do with age. Those who grew up in authoritarian era (pre 90s) tend to have more positive POV on authoritarian government, and praise it's efficiency and discipline.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Most municipalities have issued orders about not having officers interact with many non-violent offenders, and I'm sure expired plates that show they were good before stay-at-home orders were issued would be looked over. This isn't just an understanding of your inability to comply, but also for the safety of the officers. Less contact and all.

I mean like sure, that's what SHOULD happen, but they can't resist the chance to steal money from citizens. Coupled with the late fee they're going to tack on for doing it after it's due. (the didn't even mail the notice because the *** shut down before it would've been sent)
By volkom 2020-04-02 09:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like sure, that's what SHOULD happen, but they can't resist the chance to steal money from citizens. Coupled with the late fee they're going to tack on for doing it after it's due. (the didn't even mail the notice because the *** shut down before it would've been sent)
not sure about your area but in my city they have a drive-thru setup for this
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-04-02 09:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl <3

Thank you for the chuckle.

There are higher priority issues than DMV.

Cross that bridge together with the majority of drivers when you get there. Be glad that you can look forward to municipal fines to contest with your neighbors.

Mayors and judges will not look forward to the bulk of citizens in the future contesting unjust fines during a pandemic crisis of this magnitude.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-02 09:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
That has more to do with age. Those who grew up in authoritarian era (pre 90s) tend to have more positive POV on authoritarian government, and praise it's efficiency and discipline.

Yeah, it's a pretty extreme position, but just thought I'd mention it since most westerners think of Taiwanese public opinion as a monolith when there's actually a broad spectrum of political perspectives and a lot more nuance to it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-02 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently AMEX and a few other companies are waiving interest rates for people? Is that a thing that anyone has tried or was this article I read some nonsense.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-02 10:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in response to the OP's question... I'm super bored, have a headache that won't stop. I'm tired and annoyed and gained 3lbs. I really can't wait to get back to the gym.
And I miss my nieces and nephews.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-02 10:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

City Police (I called, because obviously): Oh don't worry about it, we know you can't get them renewed, it's not like we'll look for you and give you a ticket for it or anything.

I know up here in Canadaland, once there were the shutdown of non-essential businesses etc, they said any plates that expire during the downtime just get waived until it re-opens in May/June/2037(?) when this passes.
Also, I guess maybe just Alberta? I dunno if it was across the board, so I could be wrong on that

Post deleted by User.
By orangemanbad 2020-04-02 11:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[POSTED DELETED]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2020-04-02 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Also, I guess maybe just Alberta? I dunno if it was across the board, so I could be wrong on that

In Ontario we can renew everything (licence and health card and plate stickers) online however there is a grace period for those who can't. The grace period is for anyone who don't have access to the internet or can't verify the info needed to renew those items. Here is a link for any other services Ontarians might need.

Ninja edit 'cause I don't want to double post: Some thing that has been pissing me off is that I have to shop for myself, my diabetic parents, my aunt who just got over a serious case of pneumonia and a sister who just had a baby. All these limits on how much items I can purchase is so annoying. I have to make 3 or 4 trips sometimes. Even the other day someone tried to put me on blast 'cause it looked like I was panic buying. I had to explain to them that I was purchasing for my at-risk family members. I've started just ordering things online but that also has an upper limit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-02 12:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

got til June til my car is due. O.o
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 12:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my car title last month, it was a good feeling.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-02 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I can't do 6 months of this ***.

It's gonna be a long time, Trump is making up arbitrary end dates and causing certain states to drag their feet, but this is a long term crisis. They are already talking about a potential wave 2 this Fall, the virus will go through the Southern Hemisphere during our summer, their winter, then come back up here. Sure, we will be better equipped by then, but at what human cost?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean. We've got to be realistic about this. You can't literally expect hundreds of millions of people to just sit on their *** and watch netflix for an entire month(s). Yeah it sounds lovely in the winter, not so much in spring time.

Once you get it, you should be in the clear. if it's this bad you're going to get it anyway. If we're talking months, Just tell me who I have to lick so I get it over with. I'm not doing the lockdown thing for months. My whole year is already ruined for gigs, everything is cancelled.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-02 12:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Go out a lick toilet seats and you'll get it.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-02 12:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

can't hope to shorten any time of stay-at-home/quarantine when places like FL and TX are more concerned with Spring Break revenues than safety. Allowing people from all over the country to congregate in a small are for a week and then return to their respective corners of the world may go down as the dumbest thing to be allowed to occur during this pandemic.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-02 12:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
The US said it will last till April 30, that's possible but no longer. UK minster said 6 months, that's just not gonna happen.

The only way 6 months is possible is if they escalate so far to put military on the streets, I can't see them doing that.

The doctors can say what they want but if people won't comply it's impossible to force them to.

You say that, and then there is the Phillipines president showing the world how it can be done.

Quote:
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the police and military to shoot and kill anyone who violates the novel coronavirus lockdown in the country.

“If there is trouble or the situation arises that people fight and your lives are on the line, shoot them dead,” Duterte said according to local news site Rappler. “Do you understand? Dead. Instead of causing trouble, I’ll send you to the grave.”

Duterte made the remarks in a televised address late on Wednesday, in which he pushed the country to stick to lockdown measures to help slow the spread of the novel coroanvirus.

The Philippine leader also said he also would ask the police to punish people who attack doctors and health workers, saying they should be forced to drink toxic liquids.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Real talk you'll get may first as the absolute max. imprisonment even in your own home is worse than death. people will just stop giving a ***.

Even may first might be too much to ask for
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 129 130 131