PANic + EpiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-26 16:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We’re #1 with a bullet:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Those critical condition stats are no bueno.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 16:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Just passed China with 13.7k new cases today.

Reported China cases.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 16:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was talking to my roomie about it, I don't trust a word China is saying. But, we have had a huge spike in cases today.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 16:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was talking to my roomie about it, I don't trust a word China is saying. But, we have had a huge spike in cases today.

Yeah. I wish we had better data all around. I think that most countries are trying hard to be honest with their reporting, but you never know. And obviously you can’t confirm cases unless you have the means to, so there are varying levels of underreporting and lag built in around the world.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-03-26 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody knows China’s #s are deflated like Tom Brady’s balls.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-26 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like best place to be right now is China.

Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 17:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »

It's pretty easy to say your numbers are low when you have no issues killing anyone who tries to tell the truth about it.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-26 17:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO qualifies China as being highly transparent on its data.
They were reporting 10s of thousands of confirmed cases at the time when everyone else was brushing it off as the "flu".
By Odinz 2020-03-26 17:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

It's pretty easy to say your numbers are low when you have no issues killing anyone who tries to tell the truth about it.
Seriously? You think the Chinese government is able to contain 2 billion people?
Don't be ridiculous. Your talking about murder on scales like never before.
Why can't you accept that their "draconian" measures worked?
1/4 of the planet is trying to do the exact same thing.
There will be extreme cases where you see people being jailed and imprisoned for breaking curfews and isolationism in the west as well.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 17:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO qualifies China as being highly transparent on its data.
They were reporting 10s of thousands of confirmed cases at the time when everyone else was brushing it off as the "flu".

Yeah, sure, and they just "stopped" at 80k cases, with a 2 billion person population. Thats not even 10% of my home town's population. Its a safe bet that NYC already has more cases than that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 18:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
A town in America can have 800k residents? Sounds like bs.

uh, what?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 18:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You know that there are 8 million people in new york city yeah?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-26 18:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing:

23709 deaths out of 526044 cases worldwide...a 4.51% mortality rate
973 deaths out of 82404 cases in the US...a 1.18% mortality rate
578 deaths out of 11792 cases in the UK...a 4.90% mortality rate
41 deaths out of 2023 cases in Denmark...a 2.00$ mortality rate

It's constantly changing, and can be monitored here, in case you haven't seen this map.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 18:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Directx probably isn’t aware that “home town” in U.S. speak can signify a city of origin.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that disconnect makes sense. "home town" isn't a literal town. It's just where I'm from. Slang, as it were.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of New York, here are Cuomo's thoughts on the matter:

Quote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Thursday that his stay-at-home order for the entirety of New York State was “probably not the best public health strategy.”

In a press conference in Albany, Cuomo said the smartest way forward would be a public health strategy that complemented a “get-back-to-work strategy.”

“What we did was we closed everything down. That was our public health strategy. Just close everything, all businesses, old workers, young people, old people, short people, tall people,” said Cuomo. “Every school closed, everything.”

“If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,” Cuomo admitted. “I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection. “

Cuomo stressed the need for both public health and economic growth. “We have to do both,” said the governor. “We’re working on it.”
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 20:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuomo has done a great job being brutally honest and taking ownership of the situation, as his state is drowning in this crisis. Its pretty remarkable how much he contrasts with Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuomo has done a great job being brutally honest and taking ownership of the situation, as his state is drowning in this crisis. Its pretty remarkable how much he contrasts with Trump.

Interesting how some of the things that Trump has been saying are suddenly okay when coming out of the mouth of Cuomo.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-26 20:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Interesting how some of the things that Trump has been saying are suddenly okay when coming out of the mouth of Cuomo.

"The coronavirus is the new Democratic hoax", said Cuomo never.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

"The coronavirus is the new Democratic hoax", said Cuomo never.

Said Trump never. Give it up dude. Besides, I was talking within the context of the quote I shared.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 20:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

"This is their new hoax" It doesn't matter if he's too stupid to know the meaning of the word, he said it.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been over this so many times. I know what the quote is. Oz misquoted him, so therefore Trump never said what he quoted. This isn't hard.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 20:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Trump hasn't been saying those things in the same context as Cuomo. Cuomo was reflecting on whats been happening, second guessing his choices. Trump has *never* done that.

Reminder, Trump did not have any say in any state's decision to shut down, nor will he have any say in the states' choices to reopen. Second reminder, he is on the record in saying he doesn't take any responsibility at all for whats happening.

He sent out a bogus letter to all the Governor's today, and my guess is they had the same reaction they did when he said Easter was his target date. Shred it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And for the record, I neither support nor curse Trump's response to the whole thing. I don't pretend to be an expert and many states were caught off guard too when they could have been much better prepared, so there is plenty of blame to go around.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Trump hasn't been saying those things in the same context as Cuomo. Cuomo was reflecting on whats been happening, second guessing his choices. Trump has *never* done that.

Reminder, Trump did not have any say in any state's decision to shut down, nor will he have any say in the states' choices to reopen. Second reminder, he is on the record in saying he doesn't take any responsibility at all for whats happening.

He sent out a bogus letter to all the Governor's today, and my guess is they had the same reaction they did when he said Easter was his target date. Shred it.

Not questioning your analysis. I was hoping to get into the context of getting people back to work vs. mass quarantines. You know, a real discussion about what we should actually be doing instead of debating how bad Trump is at any given moment. I found it interesting to see someone in one of the worst states to be thinking that quarantine to such an extent may have been counterproductive.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32