Monberaux
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-11 18:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The elixir stuff must me tied to something. Had him get one shotted by Garbage Gel a couple times. And now he is saying this/asking for an elixir again.

Have a feeling they are used for two emergency aoe cures. And you have to restock him each time
By Shichishito 2020-03-11 21:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds a little like the third unity WHM that no one uses but ability and not spell based?
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-11 21:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
sounds a little like the third unity WHM that no one uses but ability and not spell based?

Pieuje (UC):

[+]
By Heghmoh 2020-03-11 22:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
The elixir stuff must me tied to something. Had him get one shotted by Garbage Gel a couple times. And now he is saying this/asking for an elixir again.

Have a feeling they are used for two emergency aoe cures. And you have to restock him each time

This happens every time i summoned him. I think his dialog is bugged and hes just saying all of his summon lines together as well as his dismissal.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-11 22:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe the 100k and elixir donations are a longer or buggy quest thats supposed to change his AI from stationary to dynamic positioning?

1 year time gate for a stationary WHM is a bit disappointing tbh.
its exactly the uninspired and soulless type of chore grind you'd encounter in free2play games. now they just need the ingame shop with a 160$ trust purchase.
By axetofall 2020-03-11 23:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I'm glad I didn't get him cause he sounds like a pain in the ***
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-11 23:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

He is very good. Especially if you have Ygnas, so you can use Sylvie.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-03-11 23:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't SE say it was "some interesting dialog" or whatever? Maybe this is just another face west on firesday and people are just reading too much into it.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 01:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes people forgot that this is a primarily Japanese game and we're getting the English translation which isn't always bug-free. To be honest, I'm kind of shocked they don't have more major bugs before whatever beta testing they do gets put up onto the live servers due to the frequency of how often (monthly) they justify their jobs by mucking about with the spaghetti PS2 code.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-03-12 01:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Shichishito said: »

Pieuje (UC):

Is he like WHM Trion?
[+]
By Spoiled 2020-03-12 01:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant seem to figure out why some people see his full chat and others cant, he only says "." for me. Anyone else?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 01:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Config > Chat Filters > Messages from alter egos = ???

Probably a known-issue that will be resolved next month as you're not the only one that has mentioned it.
By Spoiled 2020-03-12 02:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Config > Chat Filters > Messages from alter egos = ???

Probably a known-issue that will be resolved next month as you're not the only one that has mentioned it.
thanks!
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-03-12 03:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

100k donation: allows status removal potions to become AoE (probably for a limited period of time).
Elixir and/or Hi-Elixir donation: unlocks Mix: Final Elixir - fully restores HP/MP in AoE. Usage is limited, can be used a maximum of twice if you trade both elixirs. You can refill his stock in Jeuno.

His main job is PLD, ArkHM uses Innin in his presence.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-12 04:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I like this re-fill mechanic of theirs, but I guess he's so potentially powerful they had to compensate for that somehow.

Making so he can only do certain things a certain amount of time and then you have to "recharge" him in Jeuno is what they thought would make things more even/balanced, I guess?

I dunno, mixed feelings. I can understand the reasons they did that for, but I'm not sure I like it.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 04:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
100k donation: allows status removal potions to become AoE (probably for a limited period of time).
Elixir and/or Hi-Elixir donation: unlocks Mix: Final Elixir - fully restores HP/MP in AoE. Usage is limited, can be used a maximum of twice if you trade both elixirs. You can refill his stock in Jeuno.

Nice detective work by pulling out the AAHM to test behavior.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure I like this re-fill mechanic of theirs, but I guess he's so potentially powerful they had to compensate for that somehow.

Making so he can only do certain things a certain amount of time and then you have to "recharge" him in Jeuno is what they thought would make things more even/balanced, I guess?

I dunno, mixed feelings. I can understand the reasons they did that for, but I'm not sure I like it.

More daily things to do! Gotta refill my chemist for the day!
By Draylo 2020-03-12 04:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, that is annoying honestly. Rather he just use it permanently.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 04:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe pld is a placeholder for a suposelly chemist job?

Dear SE. You got the job right. Stat boosting temp was a great move. Now get to work, finish the job and release it
By Draylo 2020-03-12 04:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be released in the next expansion to far east, with Time Mage
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 05:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope no. Otherwise this could take a very long time
By Shichishito 2020-03-12 05:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
but I guess he's so potentially powerful they had to compensate for that somehow.
they could have made it a WS, limit it to X amount of use per summon or make it a rent system like the mog locker but with gil instead of imperial bronze pieces. there are a lot of other solutions than always forcing pointless detours away from the point of action.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-12 06:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Ah, that old adage.

Seriously though, if anything Chemist would be from the lore of the southern islands of the Mithran homeland Olzhirya. Pipedream I know but they do have the head of the Windurst/Kazham stories working on a 'new scenario'. Never know.
[+]
 Odin.Juliano
Server: Odin
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2020-03-12 07:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
And that's the other job I wanted to implement <_< granted I would be able to do things SE won't (nix scholar, remove timey spells from other classes, etc...) So I don't think there's enough for them to make a standalone job, but there are some interesting mechanics that could be explored, like level manipulation.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 07:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hastega, slowga, graviga, stopga, warpga, flurryga, conduitga
 Asura.Deijixfx
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2020-03-12 07:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It would work real well as another cor/brd job tho, just give it lots of cool aoe buff stuff, with some dps potential, or maybe even the first hybrid tank/buff job, who knows. Lots of potential to be had.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 07:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted that he has Cover job ability and AAHM reacts like a PLD is in the party, but can someone test if he gets Undead Killer, please? Won't have him for a few months as I've taken breaks. My fomo didn't really register for me to keep on top of deeds.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-03-12 08:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the gil amount is 10% of what you have on you (max:100k), as my character with 720k only had to donate 72k to him. Tried to donate more to him to see if more was needed, but nothing else was triggered.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 11:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait. Do /any/ PLD trusts Cover? I don't recall ever seeing it.
By Rhinos 2020-03-12 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So can you throw all your gil in Mog Garden to lower the price?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7