users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » HTBF - Caitsith
HTBF - Caitsith
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-24 10:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Any working Solo strats for this fight? Any Low man comp advice? Best to just get a bunch of heavy DD and Burn it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-24 10:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you have malignance set but if you do, monk walks through this fight up until normal. Which also makes me think red mage should also be able to clear this without any trouble. High meva to resist level?? Holy
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-02-24 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know if you have malignance set but if you do, monk walks through this fight up until normal. Which also makes me think red mage should also be able to clear this without any trouble. High meva to resist level?? Holy

im pretty close to having everything a rdm could ever want. just missing a few omen drops now, and thats about it. (unless you count REMA.... Which i dont, but i should lol)

if its just a MEVA issue, then addle likely will help loads. i still dont know if addle gets -MACC with +enfeebling gear, or +spell slow yet. havent really found clarification on that one
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-24 11:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Addle won't stay on CaitSith for very long because of Divine blessing. Will remove his debuffs frequently, and 100% use if it gets hit with any dark magic like bio. You basically just need a set to outlast holy randomness and you should be fine. Perhaps amchuchu can provide some lux buffs
 Asura.Skyefox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skyefox 2020-02-24 13:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo it with geo alt on mnk. Normal difficulty with ease. I do have full malignance but im sure the su3 gear will suffice as well. Counterstance is a must. Pop perfect counter as its avaliable. I have geo do fury/frailty/entrust haste. I use ygnas(Cherukiki before i got him), Koru, Ulmia, and Qultada. 2-3min fight.
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-02-24 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you avoid the added enlight damage on melee? I'm trying to get a strat to solo on E on THF but once the cat gets enlight (or whatever it might be called) I hit the ground fast...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-24 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterstance is NOT a must. And in fact, will get you killed from regal scratch (unless you're countering the defense loss with barrier or something). You'll counter just enough if you use a hybrid counter set, but when I was doing it, his damage was so low it barely mattered.

The enlighten damage you just eat it with Mantra and malignance. Counter really helps to power through his fast attacks, that part I will agree with. Just don't believe you should risk defense since he can hit well over 2k regal scratches if you're not careful
 Asura.Skyefox
By Asura.Skyefox 2020-02-25 05:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I use counterstance everytime and have never died from regal scratch but once, when he caught me in my ws gear. Maybe im getting lucky, but I do use Mantra at the start of every fight.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-25 09:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're probably better off with a geomancer as far as kill speed and safety is concerned, but it's an unnecessary risk imo, though the counter rate is pretty hilarious. Makes good use of Spharai if you have it. Anyways, it's a pretty straightforward fight on any heavy DD, not just monk. Just Monk's subtle blow makes the randomness less of an issue than other jobs. And as someone who only uses one account, it's still a simple fight on monk with malignance without vex or attunement

I haven't tried difficult on monk (don't need to, I'm done) but there's probably a low man setup using monk and summoner there as well. Easy fight
By SimonSes 2020-02-25 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterstance is NOT a must. And in fact, will get you killed from regal scratch (unless you're countering the defense loss with barrier or something).

Wouldnt the easiest way to counter Counterstance defence down be /blu and Cocoon?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-25 10:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It counters with Divine Favor after taking light or dark damage or casting cure on itself so you can debuff it for the most part if you don't deal light or dark damage.

I think it may gain MAB or ? Level holy damage tied to Divine Favor use. I've seen it do massive damage when attacking with Tenebrae on and making it spam Divine Favor/Level ? Holy. It could just be RNG/the HP mechanic/resists but I don't think so.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-25 14:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Counterstance is NOT a must. And in fact, will get you killed from regal scratch (unless you're countering the defense loss with barrier or something).

Wouldnt the easiest way to counter Counterstance defence down be /blu and Cocoon?

I mentioned barrier because he said he was multi boxing with geomancer. In which case you're probably fine using fury/barrier with full time counterstance. But yes in other cases, that's a good counter for the defense loss
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-06-30 01:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the defense against level ?? holy? i'm thf/run on easy with 41% dt full malignance and tenebrae runes with vallation. got hit for 6k dmg, otherwise the fight gives no problems.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-30 02:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing you can do is adjust your hp. Change an item and shift your max up or down a couple points (change food maybe).

Changing your max hp from 2050 to 2051 can be the difference between getting hit for 10,000 damage and 10 damage.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
By soralin 2020-08-28 19:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry so to confirm kind of how cait sith works...

If I have prime number HP, does cait sith's holy become a cakewalk?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-28 19:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No one knows. No one cares enough to do some simple recording.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-28 19:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted some time ago the JP site stating their observation.

I dont think its a problem of recording. More likely its just not consistent enough to narrow down the actual mechanism.

One thing for sure, 1's always gonna hit you, 6's rarely gonna do.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-28 20:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply stand there and get hit by it (10 times with consistent hp) and write it down.

See if it's a 6 sided die, 10 sided die etc, see what the multiplier is, see if it's max hp or max vs current, if it's the whole hp or last two digits etcetc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-10-05 01:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished farming the set, last piece was C Palug Crown (which is why I was farming).

Was on Mastered MNK/WAR with Vere, 4/5 Malignance (1/5 Feet using +Subtle Blow) and 70 Subtle Blow (NQ Belt). I had TH4 from Dark Matter gear attached to my Chi Blast set.

Trusts: Brygid, Yoran, Ygnas, Arciela, Monberaux
Food: Carbonara (for the +HP and Store TP)

I wasn't able to clear Normal consistently so I just zombie it on Easy.
Started with Mantra on trusts and Provoke.
After a few opening hits, pulled it away from the trusts to a corner.
Chi Blast (for TH4) and Counterstance, then just WS it to death.
Ocassionally, if the food wears off, I can get 1-shot by the Level ? Holy move.

I already had 3 pieces from early runs and the last 2 pieces drop at about 2-3 days apart from continuous runs (49-63 runs per day).