Who All Got The Banhammer This Time?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who all got the banhammer this time?
Who all got the banhammer this time?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 19:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what a sink is. It doesn't affect any person more than any other.

A sink is a method of removing gil from circulation, IE things that you could only buy from an NPC. Like the 1.1m items for af+3, that's a gil sink, but a highly ineffective one. That needs to be multiplied by a thousand to match sparks.

Instead of AMAN trove for example, that's an ineffective sink. oh ka-thwack you lose 3m, pennies. they could've added; buy an omen body for 1 billion gil. THAT is an effective sink. But its temporary, you have to keep adding new and effective ones. (or turn the faucet off)

It is however also true that a sink incentivizes a person to make more gil... to spend on the sink, and sort of defeats the purpose. Nothing is perfect. But that gets you to play more, so, mission accomplished?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 19:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You have to take gil out faster than sparks creates it, a literal impossibility.
but how do you ensure that gil sink only hits those partaking in this circle jerk? if that gil sink would also affect legit players their gil would melt to zero in no time.

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
It still takes resources to make those bans. Given SE has largely ceased banning them, we can reasonably conclude banning RMT is less profitable than actively pursuing them and banning them, given the cost of the resources needed to do so.
i don't think auto ban is very resource hungry since it is automated and apparently they recently reactivated auto ban so that conclusion might be a fallacy.

And autoban only hits certain things, and given their reluctance to use it, it probably hits the general playerbase far more than RMT. Again, companies are out to make a profit. Their actions are about the bottom dollar. SE isnt going to do something that loses them money for no reason.
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 20:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

cap gil purchasables are unfair towards regular players and cause too rapid progression for those who can afford them. crafting materials probably make little sense as gil sinks cause crafters tend to go for recipes that turn a profit.

if you go for a general gil sink that hits everybody like AF armor upgrades or for example way point warps you'll also have a difficult time because the income gap between a regular player and a sparks bot is too big. if you charge enough to actually burn more gil than spark bots flush in the eceonmy then the hamster wheel turns too fast for regular players to save up for the more pricy accomplishments and if you charge less you get inflation.

i guess bans have the potential to be a good gil sinks, they hit the right target group, can remove enough gil to stop inflation and don't lead to unfair advantages.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 20:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

cap gil purchasables are unfair towards regular players and cause too rapid progression for those who can afford them.

Again I ask how is this any different than the RMT enabling this sort of progression right now?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What we need is a special glow only available to players that buy a KI that costs max gil. People will pay extra for that E-Peen
By Shichishito 2020-02-25 20:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you currently can't instant buy those final time sink armors and due to their rarity i imagine you still have to be somewhat patient hunting for shouts to purchase of someones aman trove drop. but yeah, its not much different and it certainly is not fair either.
By Draylo 2020-02-25 20:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to take gil out faster than sparks creates it, a literal impossibility.
but how do you ensure that gil sink only hits those partaking in this circle jerk? if that gil sink would also affect legit players their gil would melt to zero in no time.

It still takes resources to make those bans. Given SE has largely ceased banning them, we can reasonably conclude banning RMT is less profitable than actively pursuing them and banning them, given the cost of the resources needed to do so.
i don't think auto ban is very resource hungry since it is automated and apparently they recently reactivated auto ban so that conclusion might be a fallacy.

And autoban only hits certain things, and given their reluctance to use it, it probably hits the general playerbase far more than RMT. Again, companies are out to make a profit. Their actions are about the bottom dollar. SE isnt going to do something that loses them money for no reason.

They really are hurting their real players. One gets bopped after them doing nothing for 3 years, then they quit and their friends dont have anyone to play with so they quit, etc. I don't get why they even decided to do it when it had nothing to do with the exploits.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-25 21:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

They really are hurting their real players. One gets bopped after them doing nothing for 3 years, then they quit and their friends dont have anyone to play with so they quit, etc. I don't get why they even decided to do it when it had nothing to do with the exploits.

And this is why they likely never did it up until now. You dont earn money with a ban, you can only lose money, especially at this stage in the game's life cycle.

FFXI only has so many players left. We arent getting any real number of new players. And one ban means you lose more than one person, with no new players to fill in the gap.

Its just not worth it to go after RMT or anyone that isnt an actual problem in game that is actively harassing users. RMT will just come back, and you dont get enough profit for resources spent, and no one abides by ToS. Hell, few people ever did abide by ToS. The only ones that did played on a console, and all those shut down.

If theyre going to ban people for ToS violations, we'd literally lose FFXI immediately.
By Draylo 2020-02-25 21:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see if they were actively updating the game with new content constantly, had many returning players/new plyaers, etc. At this point though they barely put resources into XI or its staff. I don't get why they would want to ban people doing benign things like POS warping or botting. The dupers/exploiters for sure I understand, but its silly at this point unless they are planning something big. The last time they did it they were about to release ROV.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-02-25 21:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I tried reading a few key threads I remember from the Unicorn forums....

It might be for the best if they were lost to time. Some things are better left in the past. So much drama.
I was mostly after the fun stuff, such as Roundhouse's boomerang *** thread.

I don't remember serious drama on KI when it comes to Unicorn, the ***was mostly kept in the HNM areas as far as I remember.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-26 00:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If theyre going to ban people for ToS violations, we'd literally lose FFXI immediately.

You guys all forget that the vast majority of players in FFXI are Japanese. Banning these movement/PoS hackers, and botters is not going to hurt their bottom line. To keep their JP player base happy, they WILL ban people for higher level violations of ToS. They will keep banning RMT cause they are just going to resub anyways.

Asura might lose a lot of it's population but that probably is a good thing. I'd be willing to wager 90-95% of these Japanese players don't use ANY add ons, let alone ***like movement hacks, bots, or PoS. And yes, there are still many PC players in the non JP community that don't even use windower or gearswap which is technically against ToS (though probably a minority), let alone PoS/Movement hack. If people wanna be douchebags and PoS hop around like bunnies, and run at flee speed forever. I'm all for banning them all.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-26 03:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is not going to hurt their bottom line? Someone is delusional. I love how people these days snub their noses at one type of cheater while they are a different type of cheater. Everyone breaking the ToS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-26 05:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone breaking the ToS.
I must be in the 0.01% then.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-26 06:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »

I use to use nothing as well about 9 months ago. But the inefficiencies of equip sets suck. I'd have a tp macro. Ws macro and as soon as tp disappeared I'd have to hit tp macro again. And the rate at what people tp now days you simply cannot keep up. Then you'd also need am3 tp set macros. It was impossible to get back to the right macros fast enough. Good for you though, but you'll never be as efficient of a player unfortunately.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-26 06:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have found the sweet spot, because my macro sets run perfect with equip sets, although I wish lock style could be it's own menu so I could free up 20 more slots. The only issue I come across is if I get my main/sub disarmed.

You can run vanilla and be perfectly efficient. Also, I'm a solo player anyhow, and I'm perfectly happy with my efficiency and playstyle.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-02-26 06:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

I use to use nothing as well about 9 months ago. But the inefficiencies of equip sets suck. I'd have a tp macro. Ws macro and as soon as tp disappeared I'd have to hit tp macro again. And the rate at what people tp now days you simply cannot keep up. Then you'd also need am3 tp set macros. It was impossible to get back to the right macros fast enough. Good for you though, but you'll never be as efficient of a player unfortunately.
I had a blu friend on my old server that I would constantly try to out parse on my drk. No matter what I did, he would absolutely destroy me everything we did. I would beat other players who had similar or better gear than he did too.

...and that's how I learned about GS.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-02-26 06:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have found the sweet spot, because my macro sets run perfect with equip sets, although I wish lock style could be it's own menu so I could free up 20 more slots. The only issue I come across is if I get my main/sub disarmed.

You can run vanilla and be perfectly efficient. Also, I'm a solo player anyhow, and I'm perfectly happy with my efficiency and playstyle.

Ehh, its pretty much impossible for equipsets to manage pre/mid cast sets properly, and heaven forbid you want to have multiple tp sets. You'll also spend a lot of time tping in ws gear just because of macro lag. If you mostly play solo with trusts I'm sure it works, but someone with equal gear and a proper gearswap is going to be far more effective.
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2020-02-26 07:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just not worth it to go after RMT or anyone that isnt an actual problem in game that is actively harassing users. RMT will just come back, and you dont get enough profit for resources spent...

In my experience, the RMT followed patterns and this should drastically reduce the time and effort to focus specifically on RMT. My experience deals specifically with the spark farming RMT. They were always running too fast, ran the same routes, and wore the RMT Army uniform. Myself and some friends would report them (and I'm sure others did too), and they would eventually get banned that day. Like clockwork we knew when they would log back in after the temp ban and then it would take a while for the perma ban. The RMT eventually started making it when their temp ban would be over when I assume SE was off for the weekend so they could ensure a few days of uninterrupted farming.

SE can simply follow their patterns to ban them. They are always in the same places. Once they ban them immediately, over a period of time, those RMT companies are going to start taking a loss to their profits and eventually stop buying content IDs. It may take a little effort from SE, but I think it could definitely help...but that is the problem, SE has to put in some effort.
By Afania 2020-02-26 07:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

I use to use nothing as well about 9 months ago. But the inefficiencies of equip sets suck. I'd have a tp macro. Ws macro and as soon as tp disappeared I'd have to hit tp macro again. And the rate at what people tp now days you simply cannot keep up.

Your TP speed doesn't matter.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Forced_Delay

There's a 2 sec delay after ws that you can't do anything at all, and not affected by GS nor your TP speed. Unless you hit TP macro 2 sec slower after WS you can almost always make it.
By Afania 2020-02-26 07:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Ehh, its pretty much impossible for equipsets to manage pre/mid cast sets properly, and heaven forbid you want to have multiple tp sets. You'll also spend a lot of time tping in ws gear just because of macro lag. If you mostly play solo with trusts I'm sure it works, but someone with equal gear and a proper gearswap is going to be far more effective.

Macro lag is 1 sec, ws delay is 2 sec. So no. Macro lag won't affect your TP/WS efficiency unless you click TP macro 1 sec slower than you should be.

You can absolutely have different TP sets, all you need to do is create them >.> You can even have different "mode" with different macro books.

For DD, the difference between vanilla player and GS player is probably smaller than making mistakes or RNG. If I engage slower in dynamis mob or engaged wrong mob then next DD will win parse. If I WS 4 times in a <1 min fight and another guy WS 5 times with a QA proc then they will win parse. That matters so much more than tools.

It's possible to have unlimited equipset slots now that you can save the settings.

I play 11 jobs and the entire reason why I can give certain jobs 5+ macro books is because of the new save settings function.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-26 08:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shystie said: »

Its just not worth it to go after RMT or anyone that isnt an actual problem in game that is actively harassing users. RMT will just come back, and you dont get enough profit for resources spent...

In my experience, the RMT followed patterns and this should drastically reduce the time and effort to focus specifically on RMT. My experience deals specifically with the spark farming RMT. They were always running too fast, ran the same routes, and wore the RMT Army uniform. Myself and some friends would report them (and I'm sure others did too), and they would eventually get banned that day. Like clockwork we knew when they would log back in after the temp ban and then it would take a while for the perma ban. The RMT eventually started making it when their temp ban would be over when I assume SE was off for the weekend so they could ensure a few days of uninterrupted farming.

SE can simply follow their patterns to ban them. They are always in the same places. Once they ban them immediately, over a period of time, those RMT companies are going to start taking a loss to their profits and eventually stop buying content IDs. It may take a little effort from SE, but I think it could definitely help...but that is the problem, SE has to put in some effort.

They don't want to ban them, they want to ban legit players. RMT subscriptions are just too much for them to pass up.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-26 08:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
It's possible to have unlimited equipset slots now that you can save the settings.

I play 11 jobs and the entire reason why I can give certain jobs 5+ macro books is because of the new save settings function.
Do you mean that setting in the FFXI config to save/restore game settings?
By Shichishito 2020-02-26 08:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people these days snub their noses at one type of cheater while they are a different type of cheater. Everyone breaking the ToS.
i guess you'd also look differently at someone who crosses the road at red by foot and looks left and right vs someone who does the same in a driving car.

you keep hearing even jail folks like to distinguish between regular inmates and for example rapists and child molesters.

ppl who want to win a argument frequently like to pretend the world is black and white when it a lot of times really is shaded with grays.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-26 10:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people these days snub their noses at one type of cheater while they are a different type of cheater. Everyone breaking the ToS.

Nope, not everyone is breaking ToS. Most people, who are still playing, if they happen to get banned will most likely come back anyways. I genuinely believe it will not affect their bottom line. They would n't ban otherwise. If they get enough complaints from JP players about such and such hack etc, they are very likely to wave ban. This is the majority of their customer base. It would be a smart business decision to ban assuming inactivity from the STF leads do decline in JP subs. Who knows with SE though.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think anyone who thinks EVERYBODY cheats is delusional.
Same as anyone who thinks you need windower/gearswap to be top efficient playing single account.
At the same time I think that trying to discuss this is pointless, because nothing will change point of view of anyone on either side.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

You guys all forget that the vast majority of players in FFXI are Japanese. Banning these movement/PoS hackers, and botters is not going to hurt their bottom line. To keep their JP player base happy, they WILL ban people for higher level violations of ToS. They will keep banning RMT cause they are just going to resub anyways.

Asura might lose a lot of it's population but that probably is a good thing. I'd be willing to wager 90-95% of these Japanese players don't use ANY add ons, let alone ***like movement hacks, bots, or PoS. And yes, there are still many PC players in the non JP community that don't even use windower or gearswap which is technically against ToS (though probably a minority), let alone PoS/Movement hack. If people wanna be douchebags and PoS hop around like bunnies, and run at flee speed forever. I'm all for banning them all.

Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.
By Shichishito 2020-02-26 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

excessive pay2win is always only practiced by a small minority. you can observe this with any online game that has a ingame shop implemented, its always a small minority that spends excessive amounts of money. its not much different with hardcore cheats cause the majority signs up cause they want to play the game.

it has never been different with FFXI, it's just that type of folk tents to stick around longer and with the shrinking population and the abscence of any repeructions for the past 3 years its way more amplified and out in the open.

sadly it doesn't need many of them to drag the experience in the mud for the rest of the players.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 12:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me be clear; No one, and i mean no one, playing at any viable level of endgame, plays without either windower or ashita.

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-02-26 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You are delusional. Several players from our LS play vanilla and that's one of the most acompilshed LS on Bahamut. 90%+ JP players play without windower/ashita and they did everything in end game. Few JP players started posting youtube videos recently. I doubt any of them uses windower/ashita and they do stuff like Ambuscade VD, Wave2 dynamis windurst boss, every boss in Omen and all of that solo with or without trusts.

Lexouritis is leader or Inquisition and leader or partial leader of Gunslingers. They did things like Tumult Curator and all Helms several years ago, before any evasion nerfs. Lex was playing vanilla all that time. I think he maybe recently started using Windower only to be able to use DGVoodooo, but he was successfully doing everything in endgame for several years now, including afaik "recently" being first NA LS to beat one of the Dynamis D wave 3. Also like I said, he is not the only one playing vanilla in those LSs.

I will repeat; No one plays without ashita or windower. Hell, if you have windows 10, you need to violate the ToS just to get the game to even run.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11